Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    With the evolving walkers, I take it we are now in the Whisperers arc of the comic? I dont think rotting brains all of a sudden get ripe with thoughts and intelligence lol
    I don't really get how walker herds can even still be a thing anymore. Seems to me like a zombie, especially one that's been dead for years from the initial outbreak (which would be the majority of those herds, I'd think) should be too badly decomposed by now to be a threat. Sure, people still become walkers if they die and don't get put down properly, but that should only account for a walker wandering around here and there, not massive herds. But we are talking about a fictional zombie apocalypse show, so I probably shouldn't get too deep into that sort of thinking.

And yeah that "the walkers are evolving!" line totally made me think Whisperers. If I remember correctly, the Whisperers showed up in the comic not too long after Negan's downfall. So if you consider the time jump that happened in the show, it's probably about time for them.

Not a bad way for Rick to go. So basically, looks like he's just MIA and not dead. It leaves the door open to hype the shit out of "RICK'S RETURN!!!111111oneone" if Andrew Lincoln ever decides to come back to the show. And I'm sure Norman Reedus is probably enjoying that little payraise he got. :P
    Last edited by avitush; 2018-11-05 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy moly the episode was awesome specially my favorite moment is the Shane and Rick scene damn that was super awesome specially when Shane started to say that he is proud of Rick for being just like him later on when he was super ruthless with his red machete and biting others throats (A nice call out to Jo's death and his group at the end of season 4) second best scene is with Hershel damn that was so sad, specially after knowing that the actor of Hershel died for real after this, so this was kinda his last scene in real life too.

The way he pulled himself off of the pike with his belt must have hurt like hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much time has passed at the end when we see Judith with Ricks gun, hat and Michonne's sword (I think it was her sword) seems to be about 4-6 years, maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    The way he pulled himself off of the pike with his belt must have hurt like hell.
    Andrew did some amazing acting with that, I could almost feel his pain when he pulled himself off.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Great few episodes. I like the way they did this with Rick. I also like the idea that the whispereres do not immediately become another war. I hope they spend at least a few months with confused characters thinking the walkers are evolving before they reveal what they really are. Remember most watchers ( and the characters themselves) do not know what a whisperer is so while it may be annoying for us to constantly have the characters be confused, the more casual viewers will be scratching their heads along with the characters.

The time jump for Judith needed to be done to add a real Grimes back to the story. My guess when they decided on killing Carl, they didn´t know Andrew Lincoln was planning to leave. I always thought the Carl actor was one of the worst actors on the show, so glad he did not become the lead.

The only curious thing for me was when Jaidis said Rick was a B.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Great few episodes. I like the way they did this with Rick. I also like the idea that the whispereres do not immediately become another war. I hope they spend at least a few months with confused characters thinking the walkers are evolving before they reveal what they really are. Remember most watchers ( and the characters themselves) do not know what a whisperer is so while it may be annoying for us to constantly have the characters be confused, the more casual viewers will be scratching their heads along with the characters.

The time jump for Judith needed to be done to add a real Grimes back to the story. My guess when they decided on killing Carl, they didn´t know Andrew Lincoln was planning to leave. I always thought the Carl actor was one of the worst actors on the show, so glad he did not become the lead.

The only curious thing for me was when Jaidis said Rick was a B.
    A is female and B is male, yeah?

Last nights episode was so bad. The thing at the end with Judith saying "Judith..Judith Grimes" made me legit cringe. I'm glad some of you apparently liked it, but it was the final nail in the coffin for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    A is female and B is male, yeah?
    I think A is bitten (but alive) and B is healthy. The people she's talking to are studying the walker transformation.

Jadis told Gabriel she thought he was a B, then in their next scene she's trying to get him bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    I think A is bitten (but alive) and B is healthy. The people she's talking to are studying the walker transformation.

Jadis told Gabriel she thought he was a B, then in their next scene she's trying to get him bit.
    Oh, yeah that might be it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    I wonder how much time has passed at the end when we see Judith with Ricks gun, hat and Michonne's sword (I think it was her sword) seems to be about 4-6 years, maybe?
    It's 6 years . The episode description for next week says that.

Also, i have to say, i have really high hopes for Judith. I hope they don't forget she exists for long stretches at a time like they did with Carl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post

Whoever it is that plays Jadis said on talking dead that Rick would be an A, negan would also be an A. I think it may have something to do with personality/strength. Rick being hurt knocked him down to a B I think. She expected Gabriel to roll over and go with her and when he didn't he stopped being a B. Probably have to wait for that movie to come out to know for sure though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It's 6 years . The episode description for next week says that.

Also, i have to say, i have really high hopes for Judith. I hope they don't forget she exists for long stretches at a time like they did with Carl.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever it is that plays Jadis said on talking dead that Rick would be an A, negan would also be an A. I think it may have something to do with personality/strength. Rick being hurt knocked him down to a B I think. She expected Gabriel to roll over and go with her and when he didn't he stopped being a B. Probably have to wait for that movie to come out to know for sure though
    Ahh okay, I don't watch the next episode parts
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Is that Negan at the end? The guy swinging the baseball bat?

I thought large parts of these eps were cringetopia, but I think I would keep watching it if Jeffrey Morgan is one of the new leads.

Ok against my better judgement I decided to watch this season cause I wanted to see how they kill Rick off.

And honestly I am confused as fuck now. I don't know dick about the comic's but it was labeled that this was Ricks was show, So is he dead or just written off?

Also that is a massive time jump from the "death" of Rick to Judith being able to kill walkers. I'm legit confused as fuck and its honestly got me a bit interested. But I still feel this should be the final season or the next one.

I will say I'm not ok with how open they have left Rick..

Slightly offtopic: Bought the season on Playstation so I could avoid paying a cable sub and OMG the price difference between SD and HD is fucken stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Man, you going to be mad when you hear about what they're talking about on the Talking Dead.

If the Walkers are changing and its not just the Whisperers that can easily be explained by saying the virus or genome in humans that make them turn has changed. So its not walking corpses that suddenly have new abilities, its the virus (or whatever it is) adapted.
    So its turning into Resident Evil lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-11-06 at 04:33 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

I will say I'm not ok with how open they have left Rick..
    They have to leave him alive at the end since they are planning at least three AMC Walking Dead movies with him. The setting plot and stuff are not known but they are planning at least 3 with Rick.

I am ok with the time jump as in the comics it is Carl who is in charge, but in the show it is Judith. I just dont like that she was able to get Ricks bug back. I mean that was a HUGE explosion. that is a hella lot of area to cover to find his gun, and what if he fell in the water with it? But that is me digging too deep so yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen View Post
    I don't watch Talking Dead anymore, but I did read about him playing a lead in 3 movies after this episode. I'm interested in it, but I'm also worried because at this point it just feels like they are milking it as much as they can before they kill off the show. I like that they are making 3 movies, but having all 3 already announced is actually a bit alarming.
    I saw it as them no longer needed the show and allowing them to end the show without ending the on-screen universe. I know they didn't give the show and end date. Before they had this entire universe that was placed soley up the shoulders of the main show. Theres just not enough time or resources to do what you want on the show. Look at what the show struggled with for year, it was Rick...and everyone else competing for the other half of the circle...which leads to terrible storytelling.

Its franchise expansion...in reverse. Usually its books -> movies -> tv shows. TWD is getting books -> tv show -> movies

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Pretty solid goodbye for Rick. I liked that they brought back some of the older characters, only didn’t care for Sasha who I’ve never seen as anything relevant. I wonder how much Rick’s departure will actually hurt the show. I just want to see more of Negan and the upcoming Whisperers.

I half expected Negan to try to act his way out of Maggie killing him, or to jump on her at some point. Considering how much the show differates from the comics these days, it was hard to say that Negan was actually broken or if he was acting.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I want to know is, how the hell did rick manage to get in the water at the end? I mean, aside from somehow being immortal after passing out 5 times or so and coming back round, he was on the other side of that bridge when he blew the TNT up which should have knocked him backwards towards the road and the part of the bridge he was stood on was still intact xd.

I do like where its going now though, kinda reminds me a bit of Lost.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    What I want to know is, how the hell did rick manage to get in the water at the end? I mean, aside from somehow being immortal after passing out 5 times or so and coming back round, he was on the other side of that bridge when he blew the TNT up which should have knocked him backwards towards the road and the part of the bridge he was stood on was still intact xd.
    I was wondering about that too. All I can think of is he just passed out and fell in, and the explosion had nothing to do with it.

Also, somehow, those walkers didn't get him. Like...hundreds of walkers, all flailing around in the water, and he fell right in with them. They're walkers, so they can't drown. Aside from ones that "died" because they just smashed their heads on rocks or something, they're still clawing and biting at any living humans near them. So Rick's plot armor was still effective there, since he was floating around with all of them.
    Last edited by avitush; 2018-11-11 at 03:00 PM.

SO!!!!!!

With the demise of Rick, what is the current state of people going into the next 3 episodes and beyond. I am willing to finish up this season of the show but do not think I may invest more time into it unless their writing much improves. The last 3 episodes are getting there with the writing minus that stupid glass floor fiasco.

I have invested all these years into the Walking Dead and I want to see it through, but it will be hard sans Rick. If Carol takes the reins I could see my investment continue.

I'm actually somewhat excited to see the show without Rick. It could turn out horribly, but the trailers for next weeks episode seemed interesting at least. I like Judith already and frankly im just glad the characters are actually talking to eachother instead of communicating in 1 liners and grunts like they did from season 7-8.