Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation 7th Transformers Film Title Revealed, 'Beast Wars' Mythology Coming to Franchise

SOURCE: https://www.ign.com/articles/transfo...sbeastwarsnews

During a virtual kick-off event for the seventh film in the franchise, which has officially begun production, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura and director Steven Caple Jr. (Creed II) revealed that the next film will take place in 1994, seven years after 2018's Bumblebee, and feature Beast Wars mythology.

The title is Transformers: Rise of the Beasts!

Caple Jr., who grew up a Transformers fan -- particularly a Beast Wars fan -- is excited to bring the Maximals, Maximals, Predacons, and Terrorcons to the live-action Transformers universe. After so many films devoted to Autobots vs. Decepticons, di Bonaventura and Caple Jr. felt like it was time to introduce new Transformers to the series, along with a new threat in the form of the Terrorcons. "We want to do another change up and we want to deliver a film that has the scale and spectacle of the [Michael] Bay films with the heart and humor with achieved with Bumblebee, and with Shia's relationship with Bumblebee in a way."

Taking place in Brooklyn, New York and Peru, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts brings in the Maximals and Predacons, who are these robotic "prehistoric animals who travel through time and space," as Caple Jr. describes them. Now on Earth, an ancient rivalry erupts, drawing in Noah, and ex-military electronics whiz played by In the Heights' Anthony Ramos, and Elena, an artifacts researcher played by Dominique Fishback (Judas and the Black Messiah).

Those in attendance at the virtual event were shown concept art of some of the big bots of the movie. Optimus Prime returns (along with Peter Cullen doing the voice), in G1 form (and the reason he looks different in the other future movies will be explained) along with Bumblebee, who, in 1994, is "off-road" Camaro form.

Joining them will be Arcee, who now has a larger role after appearing in 2018's Bumblebee, Mirage (who is an "anti-authority" Porsche 911), along with Maximals Optimus Primal, Air-Razor, and Rhinox. The main villain of the film is Scourge (who takes the symbols from his victims and fuses them onto his body as trophies). Nightbird is Scourge's dangerous ninja "right hand."

Say what you will about the Transformers film franchise, but they served their purpose: turn-your-brain-off entertainment... for the most part.

I'm a huge fan of the 'Beast Wars' franchise and watched that show religiously when I was kid. Even had myself a Transmetal 2 Dinobot toy.

Hopefully they don't ruin it.

Beast Wars? SWEET!

Edit -- aww, set on present earth continuation from Bumblebee... thought it'd be the story from the old 3D series 20 years ago...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2021-06-22 at 08:48 PM.

I remembering liking Beast Wars when I was a kid but didn't it take place on a completely different planet? Would have been nice to get a no humans Transformers for once.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I remembering liking Beast Wars when I was a kid but didn't it take place on a completely different planet? Would have been nice to get a no humans Transformers for once.
    It took place on prehistoric earth. Some time between the G1 transformers crashing on earth and before the rise of humanity, though there are proto human apes that are supposed to be the ancestors of humanity in the show.

Love that its going to be in the 90s. Summer time, Transformers and popcorn. Perfect 90s vibes.

Man what an evening it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    It took place on prehistoric earth. Some time between the G1 transformers crashing on earth and before the rise of humanity, though there are proto human apes that are supposed to be the ancestors of humanity in the show.
    Hmmm. I guess it makes sense why they looked like earth animals then. But I thought the planet had too much energon or something for the robot forms to handle. Did they explain why transformers didn't need animal forms by the end of it?

Also Primal should have had a cooler form. Megatron was a purple TREX and he was just a gorilla. The Wolf Bird( I think) should have been his form.

I think when I was a kid, I played the Beast Wars game on PC (robots that can transform into animals, right?). I can hardly remember it.

I enjoyed Bumblebee much more than I expected, so perhaps that was a turning point. I’m not asking for much, just a vaguely coherent story. I felt the first two tried and after that they just said fuck it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm. I guess it makes sense why they looked like earth animals then. But I thought the planet had too much energon or something for the robot forms to handle. Did they explain why transformers didn't need animal forms by the end of it?

Also Primal should have had a cooler form. Megatron was a purple TREX and he was just a gorilla. The Wolf Bird( I think) should have been his form.
    To much energon was like a radiation to them. Animal forms protected them. Transmetal later helped them to combat it (moon explosion part).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think when I was a kid, I played the Beast Wars game on PC (robots that can transform into animals, right?). I can hardly remember it.
    I guess that game:

Well most of the new transformers movies suck. The last one good *movie* was from a video game.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

hopefully this movie has bare minimum thought put into it. i walked out on the last knight when 5ish new decepticons were shown off all flashily and then killed off about 5 minutes later. i'm all for entertainment where you don't need to think to enjoy it. but that doesn't mean you're allowed to make brain dead mistakes like making characters seem important for about 10 minutes and then kill them off shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I guess that game
    It does seem familiar. I don't remember a gorilla mech, though. I think I played as a brown/orange mech, that either transformed into a kangaroo or some other 4 legged animal. But looking up the playable characters for this game, I don't recognize any of them.

I just wish transformers was done right. The first film was watchable and ok, but they became unwatchable even as guilty pleasures even for this diehard 80s transformers fan who still remembers seeing the original film in theaters back in like 86 or 87.

They had the one chance to get it right using the original megatron/prime voice actors... and that's the garbage they had to work with. I swear, Optimus prime has a bigger on screen kill count than Megatron. Optimus Prime of the 80s was more heroic, and more of a cool uncle figure than the murder-bot michael bay gave us.

Can you imagine ever hearing 80s prime say "i'll kill you" or executing megatron in cold blood after megs offered him peace? or murdering humans, period?!

Sucks too because some of the old 80s TF, and GI joe are practically made for big screen adaptations and both properties are forever tarnished by the garbage hollywood and hasbro crapped out

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Say what you will about the Transformers film franchise, but they served their purpose: turn-your-brain-off entertainment... for the most part.
    I found the first couple to be kind of turn your brain off entertainment...but the problem was as soon as I turned my brain back on. As soon as you start the post-viewing analysis...the glaring plot holes, annoying comic relief characters, blatant (and poorly handled) attempts at fan service, etc... become too much to ignore.

After the third...I couldn't even turn my brain off enough while watching them to ignore how terrible those movies were.

The best movie of the entire Bayformers Franchise is Bumblebee....and it's still not a great movie...it just doesn't actively insult the intelligence of the viewer.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-22 at 09:43 PM.

I don't remember, but one of the plot points was Beast Wars Megatron wanting to assassinate the G1 autobots while they were inactive, thus making the Decepticons win by changing history.

I don't remember if they explained the whole reason for why the G1s didn't need shielding etc from energy, I only watched the first couple seasons or so and it's been years.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post

I don't remember if they explained the whole reason for why the G1s didn't need shielding etc from energy, I only watched the first couple seasons or so and it's been years.
    I think it was mostly a don't-think-about-it-too-much explanation that by the time the G1 transformers are active there's just less abundant energon radiation. It was a kids show (that pulled on the nostalgia of young adults that remembered the original cartoons) so they really didn't have to go to exceptional lengths to create a plausible explanation.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2021-06-22 at 10:22 PM.

I remember when i saw the 2nd Transformers movie in 2009 thinking to myself:

"If someone tells me they enjoyed this movie...we simply cannot be friends"

I remember a small robot with a penis...and a giant robot with testicles....i was pretty much done after that.

Penis Robot:
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dickbot_the_blender_guy

Transformer with testicles:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTnI...el=QuoteTheGuy

Really?
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-06-22 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I enjoyed Bumblebee much more than I expected, so perhaps that was a turning point. I’m not asking for much, just a vaguely coherent story. I felt the first two tried and after that they just said fuck it.
    Same here. But I'm so out with this. Beast Wars stuff was just so lame and uninteresting to me. Don't even care if it's handled good.

Blah if they don't have David Kaye doing Megatron then what's the god damned point???

Trukk not Munkey
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2021-06-22 at 10:44 PM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I just wish transformers was done right.
    RIGHT??? They need to stop FUCKING with a masterpiece, and just build on the classic, REAL Transformers. The closest thing I've seen so far is the War for Cybertron series on Netflix. THEY have the right idea!!!