Quote Originally Posted by feigning View Post
    When Rick was helping Hershel and genericfarmkidA get the zombies, Hershel mentioned that it was always Otis who did this. Otis never heard of Sophia nor did he have a chance to tell anyone he had caught a little girl zombie since he was killed. Could easily assume that Hershel's group didn't know of Sophia having been brought in. Plays off of the fact that Shane killed Otis and kinda set all this up by doing so.
    It seems odd to me that during all the time in-between Carl being shot and Shane and Otis leaving for the medical supplies, that they never mentioned Sophia at all. None of the farm folk were curious what they were doing wandering around the woods? And I know they were worried about Carl at the time, but I still think they would have asked people that live in the area if they'd seen a little girl wandering around by herself.

If they knew the whole time that they had her in the barn, and Herschel made them keep quiet, then that'd be something different altogether....

Still a pretty damn good episode though, can't wait to see Herschel's reaction to all of this.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

After the wildly successful first season, Showtime bought out the show completely and cut the budget in half. Either the director or the producer who was in charge had to be let go because they couldn't afford him. They also decided to do 12 episodes instead of 6, on half the budget - so its no surprise that the show is going downhill. The special effects are horrible and now each episode has 30 minutes of feelings and emotions and about 2-4 minutes of actual zombies (lower quality zombies at that).

When I read the Showtime blooper and the head dude left the project, I had a bad feeling that they weren't going to pull it off. After episode 6, I have lost faith and lost interest - I came here for the zombies. Who the hell shifts a post apocalyptic zombie survival show into a drama? Men don't want drama, women do. And if women are going to watch drama they will probably choose zombie-free drama. So who the hell is Showtime trying to appeal to? Whoever is in charge now is going to submarine the series - all the Walking Dead fan boys will soon see you're running out of juice.

Here are my future predictions:
    Episode 8 - Morality of Reproduction in Apocalypse, one zombie kill on farm
    Episode 9 - Crazy Man Kills Someone else 'to survive' - his morality slips
    Episdoe 10 - Farmer daughter pregnant - asian dude dies - emotional grippage
    Episode 11 - Gun Girl & Crazy Cop have angry sex more and run away, but baby is crazy cops (more morality issues)
    Episdoe 12 - Titanic Moral Cliffhanger, maybe 8-9 minutes of actual zombies, wait 12 months to hear the show is canned.

The End. GLHF Showtime.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeneer View Post
    After episode 6, I have lost faith and lost interest - I came here for the zombies. Who the hell shifts a post apocalyptic zombie survival show into a drama?
    What are you even talking about dude? The Walking Dead is owned by AMC, not Showtime. And did you watch the first season? It was hardly non-stop zombie killing every episode - I think there was one episode (3rd or 4th, not sure) with zero zombies in it at all. It's called a slow burn - if I wanted to see 55 minutes of people shooting and chopping up zombies I could watch any number of zombie movies out there.

To me, this show is a lot like both Lost and Battlestar Galactica - two great dramas that both go beyond their regular 'genre.' Those shows (and TWD) are about a group of people thrust into a set of extreme circumstances, and then seeing how the choices they need to make affect and change them. Just like a spaceship or a mysterious island were the setting in BSG and Lost, a zombie apocalypse is the setting here - it's never been the 'point' of the show here, just like spaceship battles and running through the jungle were never the 'point' there.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

After the wildly successful first season, Showtime bought out the show completely and cut the budget in half. Either the director or the producer who was in charge had to be let go because they couldn't afford him. They also decided to do 12 episodes instead of 6, on half the budget - so its no surprise that the show is going downhill. The special effects are horrible and now each episode has 30 minutes of feelings and emotions and about 2-4 minutes of actual zombies (lower quality zombies at that).

When I read the Showtime blooper and the head dude left the project, I had a bad feeling that they weren't going to pull it off. After episode 6, I have lost faith and lost interest - I came here for the zombies. Who the hell shifts a post apocalyptic zombie survival show into a drama? Men don't want drama, women do. And if women are going to watch drama they will probably choose zombie-free drama. So who the hell is Showtime trying to appeal to? Whoever is in charge now is going to submarine the series - all the Walking Dead fan boys will soon see you're running out of juice.

Episode 11 - Gun Girl & Crazy Cop have angry sex more and run away, but baby is crazy cops (more morality issues)
    Episdoe 12 - Titanic Moral Cliffhanger, maybe 8-9 minutes of actual zombies, wait 12 months to hear the show is canned.

The End. GLHF Showtime.
    Frank Darabont was fired...most likely because his direction for the story was not popular amongst others. Besides Vatos, first season was stellar.

I don't know weather to be disappointed that Sophia was in the barn or not. I was fully expecting her to be a geek when she was found though. I am trying to put the timeline when she ran off to when they found her. What is it, like 3-5 days tops? As mentioned in an earlier post, about Carl's fast as hell recovery. Even if Otis did the Geek trapping, Hershel at the very least would of known about her. "His farm, his barn" ect ect. But hey, I guess it works out in the end. I did like the Talking Dead afterwards, Was nice to have a little filler on the episode, I was kind of hoping that they would of showed the alternative ending. But don't remember if they actually shot that, or just talked about it.

At any rate, I can't wait until Feb now. Hope they do a Webisode on her after she left the creek.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this was a touching episode. Rick shooting Sophia made me stop breathing for a moment. That scene had so much emotion. Everyone was stunned when she appeared.Yet rick took the responsibility as a leader should do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

10+ Year Old Account
    Men don't want drama, women do. And if women are going to watch drama they will probably choose zombie-free drama.
    Hey now, I do not. But I understand what you mean. I have the exact same sentiment - I'm sick of Days of Our Zombie Lives, I wish all the women on the show would just get eaten or something because they're honestly just annoying at this point. I don't care who impregnated who, or who's screwing who. I mean yeah, character development is an important part of any story but this isn't character development - it's soap opera.

I'd like to wait until the end of the season to cast judgment. Perhaps they are being lax at the beginning because of their low budget. At least that's what I'm hoping. Praying things move along soon..

At least last night's episode is moving things along - this Sophia arc has gone on way too long. Shoulda learned how to kite. :P
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" - George Carlin

Was rather interesting, as Sophia lives in the comics still (I think, was when I was last reading them) while Shane had died way back. So it's definitely different for sure.

Wondering what's going to happen moving forward, I personally don't see Carol making it out of season 2, she has no real purpose since her daughter's now dead, so likely going to be eaten by a zombie or something to write her off. The truth about Otis is eventually going to come out I think, and hopefully Shane will get what's coming to him; I mean seriously, leaving him as bait like that, not to mention he's rather unstable, so likely he'll finally make good on his threat of leaving or end up dying. And of course, there's still some subplots from season 1 still, like where Merle is (if alive), what secret Jenner told Rick, even the status of Morgan and Duane from the first episode.

The End. GLHF Showtime.
    Actually, it's AMC not Showtime. You don't really seem to know what you are talking about.

Great episode in my eyes. Can't wait for february.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wearing my P.E.T.Z. shirt in honor of Herschel today.

People for the
    Ethical
    Treatment of
    Zombies
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Wearing my P.E.T.Z. shirt in honor of Herschel today.

People for the
    Ethical
    Treatment of
    Zombies
    lol. nice. Hrmm, that would work, have his face as a kind of watermark with that on there
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    So unanswered questions that I guess we have the next couple months to debate around:

What did Jenner whisper to Rick
    How will Herschel respond to Barnegeddon (somebody coined this earlier in the thread, I like it)
    How will Rick respond to what Shane did
    How will this baby thing play out
    Will Carol be killed off
    How much longer will they be at the farm

Tons more I probably missed, but you get the general picture.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account

The End. GLHF Showtime.
    so its no surprise that the show is going downhill.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ale-37349.html

???????

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome midseason finale! Can't wait for the rest.

if i was in the situation they are in now with the farm and being told to leave.. i would just kill Hershel not even joking the guy is a joke

I think it's great the show is going in a different direction then the comics. We have comics and then a complete copy remake of them into a show? How freaking boring. We would know all the story line. Not worth watching if you already know what is going to happen (Kinda like Game of Thrones, I knew the story line).

The Sophia bit was very emotional. Top 3 TV emotional moments for me. I would rank it second (1st is Lost's 'I died too'). I couldn't sleep after seeing that seriously. Hit me really hard. It was a proper case when you really start questioning yourself. Very deep moment. Rick is the man. All season he was shown to be a pussy. But when it mattered, he stood up. Great leadership really.

I do agree that episode 3 and 4 were absolute waste of a time. But the remaining 5 episodes were awesome. I think the rest of the episodes will be much awesome and lot of thrill.

They can make the show run a little faster though. 4 months to wait for half is season is being very cheap. I wish it wasn't on AMC, but Showtime or the best HBO! HBO would have made the show a blaster. Might even have taken over Game of Thrones!

---------- Post added 2011-11-29 at 12:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jumpbeat View Post
    if i was in the situation they are in now with the farm and being told to leave.. i would just kill Hershel not even joking the guy is a joke
    I honestly though of that too. I would have killed him. He wants to put about 15 lives at stack just because he want his farm to be 'gun free'. What an idiot. But you can't deny the old man's acting. Freaky emotions he showed during barnageddon. Well done, I applaud you sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious9876 View Post
    For some reason it didn't even click to me that she might be in there until she walked out and i was like /tear
    Same here man, I was like "What the fuck is shane doing.... why would he even ... I dont even know"...

Then when I saw the girl walking out of there and the mom running to her and daryl stopping her, I was like " Shit, I am not totally about to cry... " FML

Great episode, havnt been this moved by something in TV in like, ever.

Love the show, love the comics, and this latest ep was easily the best of the season so far.

IMO *spoilery opinion ahead* since Shane has been on somewhat of a downward spiral this season, I can't see him lasting into the next, which is a shame because he's an interesting character. I reckon the group will stick around on the farm for maybe 1 or 2 more episodes and then leave, perhaps to check out Fort Benning as they've mentioned a few times, and the season will end with the inevitable confrontation between Rick and Shane about the baby and Shane will be shot by Carl just like in the comics. Also, I bet the penultimate shot of the season will also be just like in the comics, in that they'll find the prison right at the very end and then cut to black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I actually felt more sorry for Sophia's mother (Carol?), than I dead for Sophia herself. I mean given Otis's death in the timeline relative to Sophia's disappearance. It's likely Sophia only last 1-2 nights in the woods before she was bitten on the neck, and captured by Otis.

It's gonna be interesting to see what happens to Carol after this season, and see what role in the group she will serve now that her family's dead.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2011-11-29 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfried View Post
    Same here man, I was like "What the fuck is shane doing.... why would he even ... I dont even know"...

Then when I saw the girl walking out of there and the mom running to her and daryl stopping her, I was like " Shit, I am not totally about to cry... " FML

Great episode, havnt been this moved by something in TV in like, ever.
    Kinda wish I didn't see the spladoosh earlier