10+ Year Old Account
    Goodish episode.... How did Merl get the draw on Glen and Maggie!? Especially Glen, he knows how Merl is... They both already had their guns pointed at him.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    my guess some of those phone calls were legit someone was watching carol cut open that walker but shit just got weird and scary for Glen
    Nah, those calls were all in ricks mind. All of the people he talked to were people that had died under his watch. And the guy watching Carol was most likely *insert name of black prisoner who turned on the alarm and let a bunch of walkers out causing the death of T-dog and Lori*.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-11-19 at 03:11 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Oh man, great episode! The phone calls were done very well, and yay for Carol being alive.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Goodish episode.... How did Merl get the draw on Glen and Maggie!? Especially Glen, he knows how Merl is... They both already had their guns pointed at him.
    I have issues with that whole scenario.

Mishon was supposedly walking into "the red zone" where she was good as dead, yet it was deserted. She passed a whole 4 walkers on her way there, not even a respectable herd.

Merl was going back to Woodbury, which would have been the way they had come, why would he continue on after Mishon if he'd already killed off the only other person who could report to the Governor that she wasn't in fact dead?

If he was following Mishon, why did he end up on the other end of the shopping strip and why did he not bother looking for her in that area, but rather just driving off with his new prisoners?

I also can't imagine Glen turning his back to him before making sure that Maggie was in the truck. That and the surprising speed at which Merl covered the 20+ ft between himself and them and disarming/subduing Maggie before Glen even realized what happened.

Overall though, good episode, I'm a bit disappointed they wrapped up Rick's psychoses in one episode though, would have been nice to see it played out a bit more. Oh and I think now we can safely say that Andrea has some serious issue when choosing her men.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Oh man, great episode! The phone calls were done very well, and yay for Carol being alive.
    Boo for Carol being alive. Screws up the logical continuity of the previous episode's ending, and now we have to listen to that whiney pain in the ass again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

The part where Darrell finds carol was kinda heartfelt. You could see he grew fond of her and was afraid to see what was on the otherside of the door with the door constantly moving and him jamming the knife into the ground over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    That whole scene with Merle and Maggie/Glen was very poorly done. It made zero sense, like others have said already. Even going in fully aware that this is just a show, zombies, and all that, but it was not believable. As in, there is no way that Merle was able to get to his gun before getting shot to hell. They could have done much better and had the same outcome.

That said, great episode. I knew something bad was going to happen as soon as Maggie said something about how nice it was outside, or something like that.

Surprised Michonne went to the prison. Got lucky and all the zombies she saw were racist. Even brought the groceries like she was wanting to meet them, guts and all. I figure she is thinking along the lines of enemies of my enemies being friends.

Governor: Hell ya

I laughed. Twisted bastard.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-11-19 at 06:52 AM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    my guess some of those phone calls were legit someone was watching carol cut open that walker but shit just got weird and scary for Glen
    I just don't think so. When Herschel picks up the phone, there's no dial tone, and come to think of it, you never hear a dial tone. It was just Rick going bent off the loss of his wife.

But maybe you're right, could just be this expired Theraflu talking (Dang I'm sick!) It does seem like it'd be odd to introduce that whole thing and have nothing more impactful (and by impactful, I mean wider in scope) come of it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 11:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    That whole scene with Merle and Maggie/Glen was very poorly done. It made zero sense, like others have said already. Even going in fully aware that this is just a show, zombies, and all that, but it was not believable. As in, there is no way that Merle was able to get to his gun before getting shot to hell. They could have done much better and had the same outcome.
    I agree. I was surprised Glen or Maggie couldn't get a shot off. They had em both trained on the fool.

Even brought the groceries like she was wanting to meet them, guts and all.
    I was so glad to see that. Honestly, my mind was settled on that poor baby not getting what he needed, and likely wouldn't now for a while. Good Girl Michonne.

glad to see the shows picking up a bit. i do hope merl gets to meet his brother but i was a bit disappointed in how he proceeded with things. although i do understand wheres hes coming from. Andrea always seems to go for the wrong man.. but thats nothing new really. those phone calls proly were all fake just cause of Herschell picking up the phone and nothing being there.

my surprise is how michonne managed to still be walking around for some time in the episode after being shot in the leg.. even making it as far as the prison.. having not been shot in the leg myself i wouldnt know how painful it is but.. she still moves as fast as ever.. maybe she didnt get hit in anything major.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    glad to see the shows picking up a bit. i do hope merl gets to meet his brother but i was a bit disappointed in how he proceeded with things. although i do understand wheres hes coming from. Andrea always seems to go for the wrong man.. but thats nothing new really. those phone calls proly were all fake just cause of Herschell picking up the phone and nothing being there.

my surprise is how michonne managed to still be walking around for some time in the episode after being shot in the leg.. even making it as far as the prison.. having not been shot in the leg myself i wouldnt know how painful it is but.. she still moves as fast as ever.. maybe she didnt get hit in anything major.
    She was shot in the leg and bleeding, then the guts fell all over her, Also most of the time when they are killing zombies they are covered in zombie blood. I would have thought the bullet hole would have let some of the infection in. or the spatting of blood, also Im sure she got some in her mouth

And I really wish they would stop wearing T-shirt/sleeveless shirts, haven't they noticed its always a stray Zombie that bite your arm..T-Dog would till be alive if he was wearing a leather jacket or bikers jacket, or even taken off the security guards jackets from early on, There are loads bodies around I sure they can find something, Everyone seems way to exposed and naked all the time..

Full Kevlar Biker leathers might be a little hot a cumbersome, But it would stop them biting you
    Last edited by mmoc1b038f5651; 2012-11-19 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Wow you must've fapped when you realised this didnt you?
    Not really, I am not that excitable and I certainly do not masturbate over seeing a tank that was phased out before my fathers era.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I'd say it's because Glen and Maggie aren't killers; Merle has absolutely no problem killing people and has killed before. That split second hesitation Glen and Maggie have is all it takes for them to get drawn upon because deep down they're not ready to kill someone that's not a walker. Plus remember Merle put down the gun in his hand, so both of them didn't know he had another gun tucked behind his pants.

Despite the fact that Glen knows that Merle is a hothead, he doesn't know that Merle has become a seasoned killer and if he were to shoot Merle first, he would have the burden of answering to Daryl for that.

Deleted
    I bet Daryl kills Merle.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I bet Daryl kills Merle.
    Hoping for this. Merle needs to get put down and Daryl is about the only one who's got the brass ones to do it.

Speaking of those 2, what's with the comment when he's talking to Carl, about only being able to play with the neighborhood kids when Merle was gone? Did Merle not let him or was Merle such a dick as a kid that the neighbors wouldn't go near him?
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Carol is alive! Called it. The phone calls were in Rick's head! Called it.

Actually this whole episode was extremely predictable. I felt like it was obvious what was going to happen in every scene as soon as the scene started, which killed the suspense for me. There were no surprises, but it was still a solid showing. I'm interested to see how well Michonne gets along with Rick & his crew; does she really abandon her loner identity and her extreme caution just because she got shot? Also, for those above, it makes perfect sense why Merle gets control of the situation because Glenn & Maggie are not murderers, and Glen is a total screw-up anyway (hint: that's why no one really respects him in the group).

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Speaking of those 2, what's with the comment when he's talking to Carl, about only being able to play with the neighborhood kids when Merle was gone? Did Merle not let him or was Merle such a dick as a kid that the neighbors wouldn't go near him?
    Based on the vague information we get time from time about the two characters we know this.

Daryl and Merle lived with a neglectful alcoholic father somewhere in the mountains of North Georgia. Merle raised Daryl to share his beliefs and be tough like a grown man. However, he too was often absent from Daryl's life; part of that had to do with the fact that he was frequently in juvenile institutions. This led to Daryl having to fend for himself a lot. One time during his childhood, he got lost in the woods for nine full days and lived off of wild berries and used poison oak as a substitute for toilet paper. When he managed to find his way home, neither Merle nor his father noticed his absence

So you can assume he had a rough upbringing with Merle trying to make Daryl just like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Carol is alive! Called it. The phone calls were in Rick's head! Called it.

Actually this whole episode was extremely predictable. I felt like it was obvious what was going to happen in every scene as soon as the scene started, which killed the suspense for me. There were no surprises, but it was still a solid showing. I'm interested to see how well Michonne gets along with Rick & his crew; does she really abandon her loner identity and her extreme caution just because she got shot?
    I assume that shot makes her realise how bad the worlds turned and that she needs a close group of survivors to befriend and live with.

Knowing that the calls were in Rick's head was rather easy to guess since there hasn't been any electricity for 2 years now?

Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Despite the fact that Glen knows that Merle is a hothead, he doesn't know that Merle has become a seasoned killer and if he were to shoot Merle first, he would have the burden of answering to Daryl for that.
    Daryl woudn't need to know that, all he knows is his brother was lost 2 years ago and made an attempt to escape Atlanta with one hand :P
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-11-19 at 08:19 PM.

Speaking of Daryl's childhood....anyone else get a Gilbert Grape feeling from his story?

I just felt like I was waiting for, "its better this way, Artie, it would have taken a crane to get her out of the house."

wanna see darryl whip merle's ass. darryl for president

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Daryl woudn't need to know that, all he knows is his brother was lost 2 years ago and made an attempt to escape Atlanta with one hand :P
    Glen can't keep a secret, I mean hell look at the whole screw up with Lori and the Plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    Glen can't keep a secret, I mean hell look at the whole screw up with Lori and the Plan B.
    That is true... I just want him to grow a bit darker instead of being so innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    That is true... I just want him to grow a bit darker instead of being so innocent.
    I kinda like Glen as the only "just a good guy" left. I seem him as a beacon of humanity. He has willingly and gratefully risked his life for every member of the Season 1 group at least once and has a deep emotional connection with Hershel, Maggie and Beth.

Although if they replace Mishonne's part in the upcoming episodes with Maggie, I see Glen going all badass Rick style slaughter, that is after he cries for a good 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I bet Daryl kills Merle.
    Came in to post this

I'm thinking the blonde kills the Govenor. Would be cool if his daughter got loose and ripped his neck out tho haha.