Page 4 of 634 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatorihanzo View Post
    . There were a lot of extra survivors who to be frank, I thought were just going to be red shirts. Over all though the second show kept the vibe of the comic with certain scenes that while different, kept the vibe the same.

Can't wait for the episode that airs tonight!
    lol red shirts. I've never read the comic, so I have nothing to go on for it. But I really do like it. Makes me look forward to Sundays now. lol
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's great but you can watch it for yourself at hulu.com legally so what are you waiting for? If you haven't watched it yet, that is.

I know that this series is still being written, so it's not as if they can completely come up with the storyline later on, but is there any indication as to how long future seasons will be? I was excited for this show, but 6 episodes this season is kinda a let down. They can only add so much filler into it.

I like it so far. It's more a realistic view of zombies rather than the humorous view...I think the dude on the roof will be coming back for revenge in later episodes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh shot, only the first episode is being shown on Hulu. -_- I'm screwed.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    I know that this series is still being written, so it's not as if they can completely come up with the storyline later on, but is there any indication as to how long future seasons will be? I was excited for this show, but 6 episodes this season is kinda a let down. They can only add so much filler into it.
    The 2nd Season is supposed to be 13 episodes long. After that I am not sure since they have not given any indication as to if there will be a 3rd season but I am sure there will be if it keep going the direction it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Samalas View Post
    I know that this series is still being written, so it's not as if they can completely come up with the storyline later on.
    They only wrote 6 episodes, a normal AMC season is 13 episodes as the poster above me stated. Another thing is that production hasn't started on the new seasons yet. So a rough time estimate is about a year before we get another full season airing. The real question we should be asking is will they retain the same team of people (Director, producers, etc) who made this show what it is. Another question is, will people who have not read the comics or are already fans of them wait a year for a series and follow it as closely as they have been?

Deleted
    This is starting on FX tonight in the UK I believe, looking forward to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2010 View Post
    I like it so far. It's more a realistic view of zombies rather than the humorous view...I think the dude on the roof will be coming back for revenge in later episodes...
    I second the notion of the show's perspective - the whole thing's just a really well executed zombie survival which answers a lot of the questions that occur during your 'what if there were a zombie apocalypse...' daydreams.

Also, re the Hick on the roof - the Cop's (I forget his name ) is going back into Seattle to find the duffle bag of guns he dropped and rescue him in the 3rd episode

Quote Originally Posted by Hatorihanzo View Post
    They only wrote 6 episodes, a normal AMC season is 13 episodes as the poster above me stated. Another thing is that production hasn't started on the new seasons yet. So a rough time estimate is about a year before we get another full season airing. The real question we should be asking is will they retain the same team of people (Director, producers, etc) who made this show what it is. Another question is, will people who have not read the comics or are already fans of them wait a year for a series and follow it as closely as they have been?
    I'm used to waiting a -long- time between series from HBO like True Blood, and soon enough Boardwalk Empire. I love this show, definitely plan on watching it even if there is a wait that long.

13 shows a season isn't bad. How often do the comic books come out/how long are they?

Theres only 6 episodes the first season.
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted
    It looks like the second season will air October 2011.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blo...ason-two-45474

Comics are monthly, you might want to pick up the Walking Dead compendium Vol. 1 if you want to get your feet wet with the comics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andunae View Post
    (Slightly buggy CGI blood - was oping for messy, corn syrup-esque goooop.)
    I just thought that the CG blood was a little bit silly. In my opinion, its a little bit of a spoiler for the otherwise awesome work done on the look of the Walkers.

Yeh.. was hoping to put it behind me and shrug off future gore-fails. But ep 3 with the decapitation jarred me right back to the dodgy blood CG.
    I just can't help but notice those gore-fails and it really winds me up.

Still, I'm loving the comic->Show conversion so far but I have begun to wonder why they cut the episodes when they do.
    F.E. End of Ep2 finishes with Glenn booting it down the wrong side of a freeway in the Mustang which is pretty much suspense-less. Would it have killed them to show the city group arriving at the Base camp - introducing the real tension between Rick, Shane and Lori?

I dunno.. just seemed a bit weak.
    Ep 3 finished with a better ending though, it instantly thrust questions into your head. Rather than.. ooo shiny Mustang goes BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

but as I said, still loving it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andunae View Post
    F.E. End of Ep2 finishes with Glenn booting it down the wrong side of a freeway in the Mustang which is pretty much suspense-less.

I dunno.. just seemed a bit weak.
    To be honest, I thought the ending to episode two was more tongue in cheek. After barely managing to escape the onslaught of Walkers, Andrea worryingly asks where Glenn is. The characters seem to be concerned but then it cuts to him booming it down the Freeway having the greatest time of his life.

I couldn't help but laugh. For me, it was brilliant.

I haven't been able to check out the third episode yet, but I can't wait. I've always loved a good zombie movie, and having a decent zombie TV series now... just too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronos View Post
    To be honest, I thought the ending to episode two was more tongue in cheek. After barely managing to escape the onslaught of Walkers, Andrea worryingly asks where Glenn is. The characters seem to be concerned but then it cuts to him booming it down the Freeway having the greatest time of his life.

I couldn't help but laugh. For me, it was brilliant.
    Oh I laughed and understood it's context. I just don't think it needed to be the end scene. It worked, but for me I think I would have prepared more of a cliff-hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fooliecoolie View Post
    I was reading the Walking Dead wikia when I stumbled on this fact which was given by Kirkman. He stated that the Zombies outnumber the living by 5000 to 1 which means in the 50 states there is only 88000 survivors left and only 1,320,000 worldwide(if you go by the US population sitting at 440 million and the world at 6.6 billion) within one month's time or just .0002% left. This pretty much means humanity would be classified as extinct or at the least extinct in the wild by IUCN's Red List which considers Critically Endangered species as losing 80% of the population over 3 generations.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies
    Oh...converting all living things on earth to Zombies would be certain if a number of things applied (that aren't in the comic). Here's the big one for me

A. Zombies originated from disease or virus created by a government as a weapon.
    B. Its spread through Blood and fluids.
    C. Flies and insects love dead flesh to lay their eggs in order to provide instant food for larva.
    D. Baby insects carry disease to everything they feed on...

If the Zombie Virus is spread through blood and mosquitos and flies feed on zombies or the corpses of those fed on by zombies...then everyone and everything in the world not living in Subzero temperatures would be Zombies fairly quickly.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

10+ Year Old Account
    The last episode felt disappointing but deep down I know it's building to something really good.

I just wana know what!!