Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sad thing is, Xevan is right. But just because they show the trailer, making you think it revolves all around Facebook, people that hate it and probably like movies wont get to see this great film. Just like people that cant stand Michael Cera didn't even think twice about seeing Scott Pilgrim, and it was a great film, it was sad to see it bomb. At least this one is successful, but give this film a try, you'll be surprised, it's the second film I've ever recommended to anyone, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Sad thing is, Xevan is right. But just because they show the trailer, making you think it revolves all around Facebook, people that hate it and probably like movies wont get to see this great film. Just like people that cant stand Michael Cera didn't even think twice about seeing Scott Pilgrim, and it was a great film, it was sad to see it bomb. At least this one is successful, but give this film a try, you'll be surprised, it's the second film I've ever recommended to anyone, ever.
    You would be the only person I have ever seen to say they actually liked scott pilgrim, let alone think its a 'great' film. I don't know how you could think it was great. A bunch of guys who band together and trying to prevent an ex from dating which is stupid. And the fact that she paid attention to them and so did he is even dumber. Then the exs ended up having super powers or some such bs.

I would honestly say you have shitty taste in movies if you didn't have a selene avatar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrac View Post
    You would be the only person I have ever seen to say they actually liked scott pilgrim, let alone think its a 'great' film. I don't know how you could think it was great. A bunch of guys who band together and trying to prevent an ex from dating which is stupid. And the fact that she paid attention to them and so did he is even dumber. Then the exs ended up having super powers or some such bs.

I would honestly say you have shitty taste in movies if you didn't have a selene avatar.
    Well, it was based on a comic, so it wasn't suppose to be taken seriously. It was a funny film. And 6 of the 7 evil exes were the most awesome villains ever. You see people struggle with 1 villain 2 villains, maybe even 3 villains (Spider Man 3), but he did 7 of them, and all of them were good, imho. Not to mention the soundtrack and score was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well, it was based on a comic, so it wasn't suppose to be taken seriously. It was a funny film. And 6 of the 7 evil exes were the most awesome villains ever. You see people struggle with 1 villain 2 villains, maybe even 3 villains (Spider Man 3), but he did 7 of them, and all of them were good, imho. Not to mention the soundtrack and score was awesome.
    Spider-man tries to stay somewhat realistic, within its own world, though. I mean if you have the good guy being able to take own seven bad guys at once then there is no danger at all. There is no suspense or wondering if he can pull it off. I don't know why you seem suprised people wouldn't even think twice about seeing a movie with michael cera in it because they don't like him. Thats no different then any other movie. If people don't like some actor then they tend to not go see a movie that stars that actor regardless of what other people think of the quality of the movie. I think most people thought the concept of scott pilgrim was terrible though as no other cera movie has done that bad. That and I think people are just getting sick of him since he basically plays the exact same character in every single movie he makes. He has no range at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would i want to watch movie about people who made website, i just don't get it .... It's a website .... In the mean time Avatar was awesome looking

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

I made a post asking what the best movie of the summer was a few weeks ago. Scott Pilgrim was named... a lot.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    Why would i want to watch movie about people who made website, i just don't get it .... It's a website .... In the mean time Avatar was awesome looking
    Why watch 12 men arguing in a room for an hour and a half when I can watch Optimus Prime fighting Megatron at the pyramids?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    the ending in The Social Network is very poor. all it is , is some text saying what the ending is -.- the overall film is'nt too bad though
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush View Post
    because of its scenario, made by Aaron Sorkin (West wing, Studio 60)

Deleted
    Was a nice movie, however I hate everything connected to facebook (which is practically everything on the internet these days), so, yeah

Deleted
    Because Facebook has become a nasty habit of daily life for me I went to see this movie and was quite surprised how it came about and all the legal action that was taken. I admire Mark Zuckerberg for seeing the potential in such a website but the way he went about it was pretty ruthless.

I refuse to watch this just like I refused to be on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post
    Because Facebook has become a nasty habit of daily life for me I went to see this movie and was quite surprised how it came about and all the legal action that was taken. I admire Mark Zuckerberg for seeing the potential in such a website but the way he went about it was pretty ruthless.
    All he did was copy myspace. And myspace was just taken from other dormroom social websites. He isn't brilliant or have any admirable qualities. Facebook wouldn't exist the way it does today without the previous success of myspace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't found the time to see it yet, I'm not really a Facebook type person which could mostly be the reason I haven't seen it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    All he did was copy myspace. And myspace was just taken from other dormroom social websites. He isn't brilliant or have any admirable qualities. Facebook wouldn't exist the way it does today without the previous success of myspace.
    It would be. I'm sure myspace was taken off of some website that didn't succeed. But facebook outdid myspace for the sole reason of the relationship status. MySpace didn't have that until Facebook was out. And the sole reason of face book, at the start, when it was only it schools, was to find out if someone was single or not without having the awkward conversation to finally ask that question.

I quite enjoyed it tbh I was surprised,Its in no means the best movie ever but its decent.

(Why the had to have Justin Timberlake in it though >,<)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wanted to say this is a great movie. It doesn't matter if you like Facebook or not. My girlfriend didn't want to see it because she didn't have Facebook but we went to see it anyway and she loved it. Problem with this movie is that everyone thinks it's about Facebook, but it isn't. It's about relationships and how money can fuck up friendship. I really recommend the Social Network to anyone who'd like to see an intelligent movie with a good story.

And Scott Pilgrim was an awesome movie. Story isn't all that great (it's way better in the comics) but the execution was great. I laughed before the movie actually started because of the 8-bit Universal logo and music. Too bad it didn't do well, good "geeky" or "nerdy" movies like this are scarce as it is.
    Resurrected Holy Priest