Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I probably need more spirit on my priest then =/

15+ Year Old Account
    Chakra renew does blow a crap ton of mana but then again so does regular renew spamming, if stuff is broke at 85 i'm sure it will be addressed. But ya, spirit is good.
    Last edited by tehmark; 2010-10-19 at 02:23 AM. Reason: stuff

It's not "broke" to run out of mana spamming Renew.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwuman View Post
    nope, you cant use shadowfiend when youre channeling a spell
    You can use it after, which isn't a big deal since the buff updates on the last tick. Still, Shadowfiend first makes sure that you have the buff for more of the time fiend is out.

On topic, I haven't had much mana trouble and I have been using PoH Chakra form and spamming PoH, CoH, PoM mainly )and I have very low spirit too, I reforged it all for now). I have heard other priests complain about mana though. I just fiend+hymn and then pot+innervate and I'm fine. That's only if I go willy nilly and push my self. If I actually healed correctly, I would have zero problem. Not sure what people are doing. It could be my gear, Holy mastery is ridiculousy awesome.
    Last edited by G l o w y r m; 2010-10-19 at 04:29 AM.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Back off the spamming. Use lightwell. If you use shadowfiend, hymn of hope, AND a pot in the same fight and go OOM, then you need to adjust what you're doing. I'll admit, holy is a little iffy right now because heal is blah. Spamming anything but that right now will make you go OOM faster than you can count to 10. So relax and let your other healer(s) do some of the work.

500 spirit is awful. Without gemming for it, I have 1300. Definitely go get more.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Oom

As a holy priest i have one question .. what is this OOM that you are all talking about .. i have not had mana issues for a LONG LONG time. The way the current setup changed my play style did not change .. i was not a renew spam bot .. a bubble spam bot or a CoH spam bot i used the spell needed when it was needed where it was needed which meant even before the change i was using EVERY spell a priest could use.

Quote Originally Posted by DaruneAlbane View Post
    As a holy priest i have one question .. what is this OOM that you are all talking about ..
    Most people are talking about Healing at level 85 (as far as I know anyway), or are simply too used to the WotLK machanics, and basiclly geared as mages or warlocks should be, with 500 Spirit, maybe a few pieces... On my Disc priest, I'm at 1.1k, with a Solice of the Fallen to help boost it a bit more.

@OP, Maybe try to find an Uld group, as one of the best trinkets is still Spark of Hope, for mana regen and conservation anyway. Are you relying nearly exclusively on Flash heal now, as well? I know my guild's Holy Priest was having that same issue, as his Fheal now eats his mana like it was some delicious cake.

Renew is just as horrible or even worse on mana at lvl 80. If you play like you did before or if you have to catch some slack from other healers and spam renew like there is no tomorrow, you will oom.
    If you are ooming, gem for spirit, put points in mental agility and veiled shadows for faster SFs and try to not override your renews... or cast them on people who don't need them (oh hello 100 aura fights in ICC how I love you /sarcasm )

Quote Originally Posted by Diber View Post
    Are you relying nearly exclusively on Flash heal now, as well? I know my guild's Holy Priest was having that same issue, as his Fheal now eats his mana like it was some delicious cake.
    This is the #1 mana culprit atm. You need to swap around your FH and GH spells. When I think single target heal now, I choose greater heal. The only fight I use FH on is dreamwalker (which allows me to get regen back through the portals).

For the disc/shadow points, I went with twin disciplines and veiled shadows and that is a good mix at the current level. Yes, I even regemmed all my spirit on my gear to mastery and still have no mana problems.

If you are a renew spammer and you are throwing renews on people at 100%, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Charblaze View Post
    How?

Perhaps if you just keep stacking spirit you'll be good? Maybe there will be a spirit cap where your mana regen will be higher than the actual heals you cast?

I just find it kind of strange that there's really no way for holy priests to receive mana anymore. Shadowfiend has been nerfed so much it's not even worth using it. Hymn of Hope has never been good. So let's say I go oom in the middle of an icc encounter, what do I do?
    I'm trying to conserve mana with heal and stuff, but I always turn out oom.

Tips would be cool.
    All holy priests are having mana problems, you'll have to wait for Blizzard to fix it, especially with raiding. Maybe go Disc while waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Trink View Post
    All holy priests are having mana problems, you'll have to wait for Blizzard to fix it, especially with raiding. Maybe go Disc while waiting.
    At 80? Its physically impossible for me to go oom anymore. My mana pool is now immensely huge and I have about 1600 spirit (with my Solace stacks), since the patch I have never had to use my Sfiend > Hymn of Hope > Arcane Torrent drill to get back full mana at all.

At 85? I would agree. But at 85, everyone is having mana issues, so far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rystastic View Post
    At 80? Its physically impossible for me to go oom anymore. My mana pool is now immensely huge and I have about 1600 spirit (with my Solace stacks), since the patch I have never had to use my Sfiend > Hymn of Hope > Arcane Torrent drill to get back full mana at all.

At 85? I would agree. But at 85, everyone is having mana issues, so far as I know.

Yeah at 80, are you raiding ICC 25 reg/hard modes? I'm not talking about going oom in heroic dungeons.

If you read the stats quoted, yes in ICC. Most likely with close to 40k mana and 1600 Spirit. In 277 (and even 264) gear it's very hard to run into mana problems unless you're deliberately wasting mana.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    If you read the stats quoted, yes in ICC. Most likely with close to 40k mana and 1600 Spirit. In 277 (and even 264) gear it's very hard to run into mana problems unless you're deliberately wasting mana.
    The problem is the mana regen.

Okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough as to why I was repeating the 40k/1600Spi numbers. This means that over the course of a 5 minute fight you would have access to ~112k mana without using any other cooldowns and without any external buffs. Add in another 12,000 from Replenishment. Add in another 24,000 for SF. Add in another 4,000 for Hymn. That's now 152k mana to spend in 5 minutes. But hey, add in Mana Tide too, that's around 4k mana as well now. Up at 156k mana to spend over 5 minutes. That's what 177 casts of Renew?

Seriously, unless you're just spamming your higher cost spells you're not going to go OOM in good gear. Most people aren't even relying on all those cooldowns anymore. Our mana as Holy is in about the same spot now as it was in 4.0.1. It's fine at 85 too when compared to say mana in Kara, or Naxx.

If I need to do 20k hps, I'm going oom in 3 minutes. If a druid needs to do 20k hps... it's a non-issue. How is that normal ?

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Okay, maybe I wasn't clear enough as to why I was repeating the 40k/1600Spi numbers. This means that over the course of a 5 minute fight you would have access to ~112k mana without using any other cooldowns and without any external buffs. Add in another 12,000 from Replenishment. Add in another 24,000 for SF. Add in another 4,000 for Hymn. That's now 152k mana to spend in 5 minutes. But hey, add in Mana Tide too, that's around 4k mana as well now. Up at 156k mana to spend over 5 minutes. That's what 177 casts of Renew?

Seriously, unless you're just spamming your higher cost spells you're not going to go OOM in good gear. Most people aren't even relying on all those cooldowns anymore. Our mana as Holy is in about the same spot now as it was in 4.0.1. It's fine at 85 too when compared to say mana in Kara, or Naxx.
    Based on your post, I can only assume you do not raid with a holy priest doing H-ICC 25.

---------- Post added 2010-10-21 at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    If I need to do 20k hps, I'm going oom in 3 minutes. If a druid needs to do 20k hps... it's a non-issue. How is that normal ?
    It's not mormal.

Quote Originally Posted by rohendar View Post
    Spec Disc ... My half blue geared disc priests does more HPS in ICC 10 than our full 277 geared resto druid... GG ^^
    Whoa! How does that Druid get a raid spot? His healing must be ridiculously low. The only one that beats my Druid on heavy healing fights is a Disc priest with a little better gear than me. Too bad Druid mastery is garbage.

Deleted
    Get used to it for cata!

Quote Originally Posted by Trink View Post
    Based on your post, I can only assume you do not raid with a holy priest doing H-ICC 25.
    While the numbers may be off a little bit, give or take, that's been pretty much my findings already.

Based on your doubts, I would have to assume you're spamming frivolously as a Holy Priest doing H-ICC 25, perhaps undergeared?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~