Tanking Rotation!

HEy guys,
    So i finally figured out a really great rotation to get threat that will help anyone out. Btw The pvp sheild and ilvl 264 sword are great for tanking jus reforge the sword. Whoever says pallys got nerfed is crazy, i currently do 3700-4000 dps on single mobs.

HoR-Hammer Of Rightousness* SoR- Shield Of Rightousness*

-My rotation starts with Avengers sheild, extremely buffed our new HoR* with the talent that procs a lot reducing cooldown to 0.

- After Avengers Sheild i Use Holy Wrath, which now hits all targets great for AoE pulls.

-Next attack is either Crusader strike or HoR depending on if its aoe or single. Crusader Strike for Single mob/ HoR for Multi

-Next is Judge.

-After this you should have a good bit fo threat, Switch back and forth between Judgement and HoR untill 3 Holy power then use SoR
    -Use concencrate if everythings on cooldown or you just want to throw it down.

~THings to remember~ *** Avengers sheild hits very hard so Use that whenever it is up!!
    *** DO NOT use SoR unless u have 3 Holy power or it will be a waste!
    *** Follow These steps and you can tank Easily

Most of us have already figured it out mate , but I appreciate you trying to help and I'm glad you're enjoying paladin tanking as much as I am ^_^. Have fun.

Basically: AS Pull, CS/Hammer, any skill off CD (AS, Consecrate, HW, Judgement), CS/Hammer, any skill off CD, CS/Hammer, Shield, CS/Hammer, rinse repeat.

It basically became an FCFS rotation with CS/Hammer mixed between and for Shield to be used at 3 HoPo; also note that Word of Glory does the same amount of threat TO ALL MOBS AROUND YOU as Shield (both using 3 HoPo). This is ONLY IF IT HEALS, the over-heal bubble WoG provides does not give additional threat. So if you're using it to help heals/save your ass/whatever, it will still give the same benefit as your Shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    ye, i have a lvl 45 prot pala, andi use pretty much the same thing. But when you have enough threat, maybe you should use word of glory, becuase of the healing/absorb shield it gives you.

I agree, I don't "feel" the aoe-tanking atm (it feels I dont have the same control as before) but single-target? OMG! Had our first icc10 since patch and the TPS is completely insane + I'm hovering around 10k dps on the fights where I dont have to kite oozes or stuff like that. Festergut I was first tank (yay, dmg-buff) and ended up 2nd in dmg with something like 12k avg dps. Shield critting for 40k+ and execute hammer for 25k+... and this is with my "shitgear" (10man-only guild so a gs around 5.8k).

I love the new paladin tanking, only only only sad thing is the aoe-threat.. I'd love to have something more to do there to grab 10+ mobs.. but I guess that comes with Inqisition and some combo of that + consecration + Holy Wrath at lev 81!

Vengeance is a crutch!

Ya pally tanking is fun, with the icc buff my single target dps was 8-10 k. Lol , the quick glyth changing to make sheild hit 1 for increased damage is woderful.

OO i didnt know that word of glory gives same threat thats awesome thanks for tellin me that. And ya i was a realy suprised when u start gettin those 17k shield hits lol i love the dps

Deleted
    The paladin tank rotation isn't too bad when you get used to it. I've found AOE tanking to be quite accessible now that we have a bunch of effective AOE spells. All-in-all it's been a good change for prot paladins. I can't say the same for holy and ret though.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah gotta say after the initial 'woah wtf?!?!' I'm really starting to like the new pally rotation, it's not quite as fixed as the old 969, threat isn't a problem at all after the initial burst, and in raids my damage taken is about the same. I think our Mastery needs a bit of a lookout though, it's a little lackluster in comparison to the other tanks, same thing with our CD's.

Raiding is really fun now too :P 85k ShoR crits on Festergut make me feel happy plus being able to throw out a WoG to either top myself up, or save the offtank, in adition to throwing out my usual hands/blessing etc make me feel like I actually bring something extra to a raid.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Recently I picked up the game again and started a pally with the notion of it being Prot and I gotta say that even at 43, its so much fun being able to just aggro so many damn mobs and I have found I am either first or second in dps in all instant ques, which for tanks is awesome cause its literally instant.

I was surprised how comparable prot pvp was to ret as well. Looking forward to progressing.

i just tanked H-OK and i had trouble holding threat, idk if everyone else was just pushing their limits or what, anyone else feeling this way?

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    and this is with my "shitgear" (10man-only guild so a gs around 5.8k
    That's completely irrelevant now... /facedesk

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have Sacred Duty in your talent tree, you should be beginning your rotation with Judgement. It is for this reason, that I suggest you take the Improved Judgement talent in the Ret tree, as it gives your Judgement a 30 yard range.

After Judging, fire off an Avenger's Shield, and begin CS/HoTR as is indicated by the situation.

If Judgement is up, always fire it before you AS, in order to get that high crit chance.

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777 View Post
    i just tanked H-OK and i had trouble holding threat, idk if everyone else was just pushing their limits or what, anyone else feeling this way?
    AoE threat is not as good as single , 3packs you can prolly hold fine with AS procs and HotR , more than that and it gets hectic. Nameplates being bugged doesn't help one bit either.

Deleted
    I found that singel target threat is harder to get than aoe for some reason. most dps classes can do loads of burst before i can get any real damage for 3 stacks of holy power for SoTR