Thread: Bio: Synzaphine

10+ Year Old Account

Bio: Synzaphine

Major WIP, inc.

Name: Synzaphine

Dragon name: Synazregosa

Race: Ex-blue dragon, now lich dragon. Appears as a blood elf female death knight.

Abilities: Frost/Necromancy, perhaps minor arcane magic due to being one of the blue dragonflight at the time. Can siphon the spirit of a being and lodge it inside the glowing "void" inside her ribcage, adding it as a life source/energy to herself. The spirit will then become trapped inside, until she uses the energy. When she does, the spirit either diminishes, shatters, or is set free.

Personality: Bitter, confused, often found silent, out of sight. Easily tempered, carries infant-like manners from time to time, stubborn, scorn.

Likes: For some reason, she enjoys snow. Reading, observing, watching, learning, inspecting, magic, power even if she will not admit, practicing, singing, puzzles.

Dislikes: Necromancers, cultists, blue dragons, undead, scourge, basically anything that breathes and.. doesn't remain dead.

Appearance: In blood elf form, Syn stands around 6', lanky, looking allmost fragile. Her skin is dark, her eyes pulse with an unholy pale cyan color, like any other death knights who was risen by the Lich King. Short, straight platinum white hair and long tattered/torn ears. She has streams of dark grey under her eyes, giving her a constant crying look. If one looks closer, they can see small cracks on her skin. She sports a sturdy plate, black armour, with a long black cape but carries no weapons. she also has an odd looking, drop shaped blue gem attached to a silver choker.

In her dragon form, she's entirely skeletal, with tattered, rotten leathery wings, two icey blue orbs glare out from empty sockets, two large ram horns adorn the sides of her head, her spine has various sized spikes protruding from them. Her claws are a burnt black, and there's a mass of cyanish glow lodged in between her ribcage. The remaining muscles have a thread-like feel, a very pale, cyanish color, looking like they're the only thing that keeps Syn together.

During the curse:

After curse (sketches):

Blood Elf form:

Strengths: Excellent aerial combat skills, swift close combat skills. Can ressurect an entire army of undead, excellent frost skills, strategic mind. Crushing physical blows in dragon form.

Weaknesses: Fire and Holy magic. She also detests her own magic and if enraged and/or in a panic mode, she will tend to lose control of everything, including herself and her magic.

Background:

I will end you, Malygos!

The dragon's last words echoed throughout the world, a painful, vengeful scream emitted from her jaws, her skin being torn apart, eaten away slowly by the Old God, her eyes wide in sheer shock as it leeched off, tore at her muscles and skin. She couldn't even gather any words to halt the dark being as it laughed in her mind, her panic fueling it even more. She could hear the whispers of many crammed inside her head, all mumbling about the same thing.

Your fault.. Your fault.. You wanted to change.. You got your change.. You wanted this..

I wanted this.. I wanted this.. What did I really want?

-

Synazregosa was once a blue dragon hatchling, desperate to prove herself worthy of being a blue dragon. But she had a little issue. Though she was a blue dragon, a guardian of magic and arcane, she was very clumsy, and often ended up causing various things to explode. However, she was extremely good at imbuing certain objects with magic, and reshaping crystals. She spent her time crafting little trinkets, and her favourite work was that of a blue sapphire she reshaped into a tear drop form, and with little metal work, crafted a nice choker. Proud of her work, she went to find her parents, to be rejected. Her work was considered nothing of importance, and soon Synazregosa abandoned her crafting abilities.

Around the time when the Well of Eternity had been destroyed, Syn was merely a hatchling, desperately trying to earn the love of her parents, but failing miserabley due to lack of control over her own magic. With being a failure of a dragon, she decided it was best for her not to toil with magic until she had full knowledge over it, and thus she began to dwell in different cultures, amongst mortals, soon picking up the habit of reading, thus evolving a passion for it. As she read she desired to know more, and as she knew more, a plan started to form in her head.

She was going to strike a deal with an Old God. It was a crazy idea, an idea she regretted later on, but at that time it was the only salvation to her problem, the problem of being seen as a pathetic wyrm. She wanted power, and the only way she could achieve it soon was to bind herself to a source. What could've gone wrong?

The problem was, she know naught of where she could find such a being, of such power. She had only read in writings of cultists she had observed, chanting and whispering the names of a forgotten, ancient one that slumbered. The mind of the being reached to those who were willing to hear the whispers of it. Only ones who were worthy.. With her mind set, she merged into a human guise, and joined the Twilight Cultists in Darkshore, near Master's Glaive, to see where this being was located.

Soon, after various attempts and months of work, the wyrm managed to extract the information off from one of the leaders, and her path was set. If she had stopped back then, just for a second, she'd hear the whispers beckoning her over, to meet her end. But ofcourse, she was too deaf, too blind, too stubbornly determind to see the warnings. To see she had allready fallen under the influence of the old god.

Following the trails that lead her to the Master's Glaive, and with the help of the magic she had learned from the cultists, Syn opened up a portal that lead down, all the way down to the old god's resting place, a path residing under the massive monument that protruded from the ground upon it. She felt the tingling energy on her scales as she flew down in her dragon form, alive, yet dormant. She heard whispers that echoed, and images long forgotten, lingered aimlessly in the void as she flew down.
    They chained me here.. I chained them with me, to me.. I've been in the core of this place for eons.. They will fall.. They will fall, just like he did.. One by one.. Watch the stars die.. The sky will darken.. He will obey.. He will betray.. This world will shatter.. The oceans will turn black..

The whispers meant little to the power hungry dragon, as she crept closer, and finally came to a landing over a rocky terrain. Fragments that looked like glass floated lazily in the air, like a mosaic was shattered but frozen in time. Each had small images on them, and Syn could swear those images moved, but before she could further inspect, the pond-like well, filled with an odd, bluish liquid bubbled up, a claw emerged out from it, a blue claw, a familiar claw, followed by a familiar looking body. Before she knew, she stared at herself, a mirror image, a perfect copy, staring back at her. This image was far more confident, practically oozed power, and had a silvery armor attached to her scales. Fascinated and shocked, Syn was drawn closer to the image. Little did she know she was being held by the old god that resided in there, she felt the power from her image slowly crawl around her scales.

You wish this reality, this image to be you. I can make that happen. I can make you powerfull. I offer you unlimited power, magic you have never tasted before. I will bless you with a new page to start, young wyrm, your wish shall be granted.. but there's allways a price to pay..

Then came the wave of pain. The image before her cackled at her, as she remained immobilized by sheer terror that filled her heart. She felt her muscles burn, her skin break and give way to black, jagged bones. The wyrm's eyes turned to her body, only to witness her own skin falling off of her, her own flesg withering away, and the tentacles that tore it all away from her, carrying the fallen pieces of her flesh to a massive maw filled with rows of razor sharp teeth. She could hear the being cackle, and the image of herself in armor was shattered into little glass pieces. Her mind grew numb with the wild cackles of the old god.

You wanted to change, here's your change! You will have new magic, a new look, and this is your price to pay! Your heart is no longer with you, your mind shall be haunted forever by your mistakes, the void of your heart will urge you to kill and devour the spirits you have torn away. This is your price to pay! This is your mistake!

About to give up, Syn caught a glimpse of one of the floating pieces of glass fragments, and saw a massive black dragon destroying half of her own kin with one small trinket. She watched the Well be destroyed, over and over again, the night elves perish and be drawn under water, lose their immortality. She watched as the Old God reached into various minds and triggered them to act without thinking, humans, orcs, dragons, night elves.. None survived the influence of Yogg-Saron.

No!

Syn snapped out and managed to break free, with her remaining energy she managed to make her escape away from the old god, its cackles forever imprinted into her mind, to haunt her forever, just like he have said. Resting upon the distant shores of Darkshore, away from everything, she tried to gather her energy to make a trip back to her own kin, only to be exiled. While she had gone, the blue dragonflight had suffered greatly, and her acts had brought upon nothing more than trouble. She took only one item from her past, a silver choker with a single sapphire tear drop shaped gem attached to it, the first item she had ever made on her own as a hatchling, and placed it upon the tip of her tail, then set off to the snow covered lands of Northerend.

She still resides in Northerend, hiding.
    Last edited by Areto; 2011-05-16 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Done~

I'll have a more detailed read in a little bit, but I'll address the main issue that stood out at me: Female Blue Dragonflight members' names end in -gosa. For example, Sindragosa, or Cyanigosa.

Sorry for the little picking out, but I'll have a full read over later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's quite a chin implant she got with that curse!
    For some reason, she enjoys snow.
    I was beginning to think it felt a tiny bit emo-sue-ish until I went back and spotted this, lol. I suddenly pictured Sindragosa attempting to make a snow angel, and I was all D'AWWW! :3
    She supports a Tier 10, with a long black cape but carries no weapons.
    Really small nitpick, but I'm not sure what you mean by "supports a Tier 10." My mind wants to auto-correct as "sports Tier 10 armor," but I don't want to assume.

Lovely artwork. I'm intrigued to hear more of her background.

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks alot less aggresive then the other dead dragons fellas...

And how can she dislike Necromancy?!
    It's awsome.

As stated above, change the 'supports' to 'sports'. There also seems to be a typo in the second paragraph where you've added a '2' into 'there'. Aside from that, the story looks promising so far, and the likes/dislikes/strengths/weaknesses seem perfect. Looking forward to seeing more!

P.S. <3 the pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was beginning to think it felt a tiny bit emo-sue-ish until I went back and spotted this, lol. I suddenly pictured Sindragosa attempting to make a snow angel, and I was all D'AWWW! :3
    I don't know about Sindy, but Syn would. So if you spot a large hulking mass of bones trying to make a snow angel on the snow, don't be suprised. xD

@Elyaan and Ysa;

Thanks for the critiques! I changed the name to Synzagosa, hopefully that's more fitting. Changed and fixed grammar errors and typos, I think it's good for me to continue now! Thanks guys <3

@Telcular

Well, when you're turned into an undead by accident you hate being dead but being unable to rest, y'know. She can do necromancy herself but detests it.

Back to writing with me!

It's shaping up quite well. I'm not too up to date on my Blue Dragonflight knowledge, but it's looking fine to me so far. Can't wait for more!

Running away from home while most of the flight was slaughtered was a good play! Saved her skin! well... =P.

Looking forward to this next part coming. Will there be a bit where she goes back home and 'checks up?'

10+ Year Old Account
    Weee, it's done! If you see anything missing or have any ideas that I can add to make it look more interesting, please do share ^^

Wee good stuff! Not thinking straight right now but will have a good read of it in the morning for you =D

I loved it. An excellent read. Although, I was looking forward to some things related to, and regarding the Scourge. Anyhow, it's fine as it is.

Welcome to roleplaying!