Thread: BG strats

BG strats

Many people know the various setups for 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 pvp, but when rated BG comes, there will be more seriously play going on in the BGs.

What is the best way to divide a group if u had all opportunities?
    5 pvp prot warriors and 5 holy pallies going rampage in teams of 2?
    10 rogues stealthing n sapping?

these are just some random thoughts in my head lol, but i guess it really depends on the battleground aswell.

whats your idea for a BG setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

10 holy pallys.

Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    10 holy pallys.
    thats a clear winner for AB, but not so much AV
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Haven't put a lot of thought into an actual setup, but that's my biggest fear about rated BGs- that they're just gonna devolve into cookie cutter and/or cheese strat teams.

I think each class has a role to play in the BGs and it will all work itself out. Obviously there will be favorable setups and comps but I think due to the size of BGs it will much more diverse. However, there are a few classes I think will be more favorable. DKs due to deathgrip, there a ton of situation in which that skill will be game changing as well as Priests in Lifegrip. Pulling a flag carrie up the wall in WSG or pulling a healer to a mob squad. Also DKs bring a ton of AoE dps. I think Mages with there many crowd controlling abilities will be able to move or lock down a crowd of peeps. Healers of course will always be needed.

I am curious to see how Rogues will play out given their new ability smoke bomb and how that will be used to cover a group charging a barrier or use it to capture a flag, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    Haven't put a lot of thought into an actual setup, but that's my biggest fear about rated BGs- that they're just gonna devolve into cookie cutter and/or cheese strat teams.
    agreed...It is my greatest wish that certain spec/comps that arent LOLSPELLCLEAVE will be playable. If it comes down to team with most restos/holydins I will be disapointed
    Then Jesus said, 'I can offer you eternal salvation" and the Hunters asked "Can we have Kings or Might instead?" n00b 13:37