Deleted

Does anyone know if..... T9 and T10 Question

Having look at the T9 2pc bonus (as its the same as the T10 2pc now....how stupid!!) But my question is this, Do they stack?

Im looking to upgrade some of my gear, got the JP for either the 264 chest, or the 251head(or legs). Im hoping for a VoA 264 legs, so I will ignore those for now.

The biggest immediate (Stat wise) upgrade is the 264 chest (netting me 54 str, 34 haste a bit o crit and 60 odd stam) However it will break the T92pc 5% dmg increase.
    My other option is to go for 4pc (not sure on its worth now that seals dmg isnt very high on the meters) with head/legs/shoulders/gloves, and use the 264 chest.

Although the 251 head is a lower upgrade, which do people think I should go for?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

Halatosis (EU-Nordrassil)

NB: Btw recently transfered server, so my toon isnt updated on the armory yet, infact, I dont exist apparently :P).
    T10 251 Head would replace 'Sunreaver Champions Faceplate'.
    264 chest would replace (noting I would lose the 2pc T9) T9 232 chest.
    T10 251 legs would replace (if applicable) 245 T9 legs (note again breaking 2pc T9)

With Cataclysm being only a month and a half away, I personally would not worry about getting uber geared (as if there will be another major content patch for WotLK, but who really knows? LOL!), my advice would be to level up an alt before cata launches, or try to get some mounts or achievements that will otherwise be difficult/impossible to get after cata hits. I may have not been of much help to you, and my apologies for not answering your questions directly.

Good luck!
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Deleted
    Lols, Ive got 7 80's, and Im aware that Cata is out soon, however I also would like to gt the best gear I can to most effeiciantly level with. Added to that JP wont be use in Cata, as the first Raiding Tier will be Valor Points. So there is no poit in using JP for anything else apart from upgrades in the currnet content.

The more I upgrade now, the longer into Cata the gear will last, and the faster and easier lvling will be!

Halatosis

I think you are misunderstanding how JP/VP work in Cataclysm, but for the sake of argument, let's say you're right... You'll still be gaining a levelling advantage for maybe 2 levels max.

Now, let's revisit the JP/VP issue. Yes, VP is the currency that will drop from top tier raid content (and then be converted into JP at the release of the next tier). However, JP are still useful in gearing up for that first tier of raid content. Additionally, if you somehow manage to not spend your JP, they'll simply increase in value -- gear that costs VP at Cata release will cost JP when the second raid tier is released. Meaning... there is no real penalty for holding onto a few of those JPs.

Deleted
    Except the fact that its capped at 4k JP, and when its currently in ample supply, and will continue to be into Cata, why be such a hoarder? :P.
    And it wont be for 2 levels, high end raiding gear will see you to 85, just like T6 did for WotLK.

Halatosis

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 11:51 PM ----------

Even so, this is not what Im asking, lol. Bac to OP please

Halatosis

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 12:07 AM ----------

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Halatosis View Post
    The more I upgrade now, the longer into Cata the gear will last, and the faster and easier lvling will be!
    Your gear will be outdated by 81 I think as the gear then is better than the current BiS, someone feel free to correct me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaphix View Post
    Your gear will be outdated by 81 I think as the gear then is better than the current BiS, someone feel free to correct me though.
    Pretty much anything <264 is gone at the end of Vashj'ir/hyjal, 264 by the end of deepolme, and 277 shortly after.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except the fact that its capped at 4k JP, and when its currently in ample supply, and will continue to be into Cata, why be such a hoarder? :P.
    And it wont be for 2 levels, high end raiding gear will see you to 85, just like T6 did for WotLK
    No. Have you not been paying ANY attention to items being released? Regular 245-264 pieces will be replaced by 82 at the earliest, 83 at the latest. Full 277+, in other words BIS, will be replaced by 83 at the earliest 84 at the latest. There will of course be the couple odd pieces that make it to 85, such as TAJ.

And there IS a reason to keep JP, as there will be heroic level entry gear blue available for JP at 85. But working under the assumption your paladin is an alt, there isn't much point.

Now as far as your actual question goes, I don't see why they wouldn't stack, as T9 2 Set and T10 2 Set for prot stack.

Edit: Because I can't type for crap.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

And it wont be for 2 levels, high end raiding gear will see you to 85, just like T6 did for WotLK.
    wrong, Shadowmourne will be replaced at least at level 83 maybe even 82 and that is one of the highest ilvl items in the game currently so ya I doubt you'll be taking t10 past 82.

Deleted
    Why assume its my alt? Actually its my third spec thats been neglected until I got some OOS gear from raids, then Ret became fun, lol.

Added to that it wont be hard to spend 2.2k JP now, and then get another 4k before 85.

Ok, no I havent been on here everyday looking into great detail about all the loot thats being released, I have better things to do most of the time. In addition, where are the loot lists for the leveling dungeons? I've only seen ones for first tier raids and the blue JP gear for 85.

Halatosis

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 12:14 PM ----------

Added to tat, would you say its worth breaking the 5% dmg don for the 264 chest? Im still stuck on the decision.

Halatosis

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry the late reply.

The instance loot and whatnot is quite a few pages back on front page news. I'm not even sure it's there anymore since we're getting extremely close to Cataclysm.

The alt assumption was stupid. It's ann alt. Who cares if it has JP or not? And I'm aware people have other things to do, but I figured it'd be kinda hard to get wind of dungeon items and so on.

Now as far as your question goes, I would assume that breaking the 5% is worth getting the 264 chest, but you'd have to sim it.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit