Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Killer View Post
    Lol 50+ keybinds. Do you really need to lie ?

---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 01:24 PM ----------

Are you kidding ? Yo ucan survive way longer as Arcane... Are you playing a mage or a hunter ?
    Lolwut?

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Killer View Post
    Lol 50+ keybinds. Do you really need to lie ?
    Havn't counted since patch but last time I did I had about 50 binds.

Not impossible.

But on topic: Just abuse strafe scorching, abuse dragon's breath for CC's (and in a DB, cast pyroblast or fireball if you're not getting focused).

I've come out alive of quite a few 1v2 and a couple 1v3's as fire. As long as you just stay focused and keep DoTs up, you can win.

Also, combustion is crazy good when you have all your DoTs up, it ticks like mad.

Yeah, as others have said, you have several abilities to use as a Fire mage to help you survive. Make sure you keep Mana Shield up, and use Cone of Cold and Frost Nova every CD (as needed, of course) and keep Fire / Frost Ward up (if they are still around, I haven't played 4.0.1 yet) always. Really, I survive much better as arcane personally, do mostly to spammable Slow being lovely.

Welcome to my world. . .

I still think arcane is the weakest of the three specs for survivability. You have one Iceblock, and a slow that can be dispelled. Fire mages have a slow (Blastwave), disorient (Dragon's Breath), stun (Impact proc), Cauterize (lol AD every 1 min) that can be counteracted with Mage ward to stay alive (absorbs fire dmg) not to mention still having CoC and Frost Nova. Then there's frost, lol, I mean it's frost, they even made it better with Imp CoC now doing a nova.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakotay View Post
    Hey,

I've just rolled fire for PVP and I'm wondering how exactly do I survive? I keep dying very quickly and mana shield doesn't last very long.

How on Earth can you survive as a mage when you die in a few hits?

Thanks
    If your a mage and not going 20/0 in any bg with nearly any gear level you should /kill yourself in real life..

Im not joking im dead serious.

mages are the single most broken and overpowered pvp class at the moment. Not only can they nearly one shot you but they have more pvp based skills than any class in the game.
    I have a mage (played to 2k from season 5 to season 8) and i quit playing her after the patch because of how disgusted i was at how faceroll it is..

Im playing and gearing my warrior now because i never thought i would say this but its actually 10x harder to play than a mage of any spec.
    Last edited by Evaangelina; 2010-10-20 at 09:32 PM.

Well Evaangelina, i dont know if u even have a mage.. With my gear, full 4/5 wratfull, Pyro average crits are 5-6k on resilience targets, Scorch crits 2k, ... I dont know how the fuck you one shot people on your mage...
    My friend on the other hand, A warlock, crited 17k Conflagrate, Ye a skill that needs nothing to build it up but an immolate. My other friend , feral druid, crited 16-20k a few times....

If you show me a video of your mage, 1 shoting people with 1k+ resilience, im fucking suiciding the next minute i see it

Quote Originally Posted by Evaangelina View Post
    If your a mage and not going 20/0 in any bg with nearly any gear level you should /kill yourself in real life..

Im not joking im dead serious.

mages are the single most broken and overpowered pvp class at the moment. Not only can they nearly one shot you but they have more pvp based skills than any class in the game.
    I have a mage (played to 2k from season 5 to season 8) and i quit playing her after the patch because of how disgusted i was at how faceroll it is..

Im playing and gearing my warrior now because i never thought i would say this but its actually 10x harder to play than a mage of any spec.

Now THAT is funny. Knock on the arcane blast spam in BG's or whatever you'd like, but playing frost or fire successfully has been challenging to master for the last few seasons. Mages obviously will not be hitting so hard at 85, and aren't getting any easier to play at that point. Now take a Warrior, where tons upon TONS of bad players rofl stomped their way to 2.2k+ thanks to 1 comp that literally required no skill (hulk smash rawr), 1 ability used horribly to do massive damage, 1 easy to get legendary, and also benefiting from the most overpowered stat to ever exist in this game (ArP lolol). Don't get me wrong, I've seen some damn good warriors who excelled at what they did, but it was far easier to be a bad player and roll to good ratings with a warrior for the last few seasons than it was with a mage.