Thread: ice trap macro?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ice trap macro?

does such a thing exist? anything trap related in macro form seems to get forced into "throw trap" mode.

im sure this has been mentioned but id really like to see someone figure this one out

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe it would help telling us what you actually want the macro to do?

I think he wants a macro that will use trap launcher and throw the trap onto your target.

I'm assuming you're looking for a single button that allows you to queue trap launcher and launch it as an ice trap. There is no way to do it with only one button press, however

/castsequence target=reset Trap Launcher, Frost Trap

will allow you to simply hit one button twice to use trap launcher with frost trap. Or whatever trap you want, really. If I'm wrong about not being able to do it with a single button press, I'd love to see that macro, because I'd like to use it too :P

It's probably better to not tie it into one ability, even if it were possible (don't think it is). You can hit trap launcher while the GCD is refreshing, and then hit your trap with no time lost.

Herecius' macro works and it's what I use atm.

Too bad the trap launcher system is clunky and busted like most of our other mechanics.

trap launcher is the problem, not the solution. i simply want to drop the trap, not throw it.

/cast [mod] ice trap <--- wtb 1x working alternative to this that doesnt involve throwing it

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you just click 'Ice Trap', without clicking 'Trap Launcher' first, the trap will be laid at your feet, just as in the past.
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by riptor View Post
    trap launcher is the problem, not the solution. i simply want to drop the trap, not throw it.

/cast [mod] ice trap <--- wtb 1x working alternative to this that doesnt involve throwing it
    Oh. Well just hit Ice Trap then without hitting Trap Launcher. o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Bommer View Post
    If you just click 'Ice Trap', without clicking 'Trap Launcher' first, the trap will be laid at your feet, just as in the past.
    obviously, i can open my spellbook and 'click' it... like i just said, the problem is that it doesnt work as a macro.

why put it into a macro? because im trying to set it up to be used with a modifier. pretty simple stuff.

obviously, i can open my spellbook and 'click' it... like i just said, the problem is that it doesnt work as a macro.

why put it into a macro? because im trying to set it up to be used with a modifier. pretty simple stuff.
    i'm confused, do you want a macro for ice trap and ice trap+launcher? please explain what you want the macro to do when you click it and when you click it with a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar23 View Post
    i'm confused, do you want a macro for ice trap and ice trap+launcher? please explain what you want the macro to do when you click it and when you click it with a mod.
    "/cast [mod] ice trap" does nothing. do you understand? it should drop a trap, but it doesnt. its a macro because it has a modifier and im not using trap launcher because im not trying to launch it, im trying to drop it, obviously.

if anyone has an alternative way of getting this to work, as a macro, without including trap launcher, it would be much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    drag it onto your bars.

else make the mast

/cast ice trap

simple shit really

ELSE wowwiki macros

ELSE The interface/macro section of this website.

riptor, why can't you just explain what you want the whole macro to do? Also, have you written the [mod] correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    "/cast [mod] ice trap" does nothing. do you understand? it should drop a trap, but it doesnt. its a macro because it has a modifier and im not using trap launcher because im not trying to launch it, im trying to drop it, obviously.

if anyone has an alternative way of getting this to work, as a macro, without including trap launcher, it would be much appreciated.
    as Rukah said, a /cast ice trap macro will just drop ice trap. but it wouldn't make any sense to make a macro like this, because it's exactly the same as using the normal ability on your bars.

if you stop annoying the people who are trying to help and just tell us what you want the full makro and all it's modified effects to do, then i'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger View Post
    riptor, why can't you just explain what you want the whole macro to do?
    ice trap macro
    anything trap related in macro form seems to get forced into "throw trap" mode.
    i simply want to drop the trap, not throw it.
    /cast [mod] ice trap
    it should drop a trap
    im not using trap launcher because im not trying to launch it, im trying to drop it
    more trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyStanger View Post
    Also, have you written the [mod] correctly?
    /cast [mod] ice trap
    more trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    as Rukah said, a /cast ice trap macro will just drop ice trap.
    the problem is that it doesnt work as a macro.
    "/cast [mod] ice trap" does nothing.
    more trolling.

but it wouldn't make any sense to make a macro like this, because it's exactly the same as using the normal ability on your bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by riptor
    /cast [mod] ice trap
    more trolling.

if you stop annoying the people who are trying to help
    more trolling.

and just tell us what you want the full makro and all it's modified effects to do,
    /cast [mod] ice trap
    it should drop a trap
    i simply want to drop the trap
    more trolling.

then i'm sure someone will be able to help you.
    thanks for trolling and being a completely useless contribution to this conversation.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip Ice Trap
    /cast [nomod] Ice Trap
    /cleartarget [nomod]
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /castsequence reset=5 Trap Launcher, Ice Trap

^^ hold shift, alt or ctrl to trap launch and tap it twice. Just tap it to drop a trap at your feet and lose target (so you don't accidentally break the mob free from the trap... these lines could be removed if you don't worry about that).

I did something similar to the rest of my traps too:

#showtooltip <trap name>
    /cast [nomod] <trap name>
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /castsequence reset=5 Trap Launcher, <trap name>

......................................__................................................
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

I think you guys just all got trolled...

Hahahahahah, I laughed hard.