Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    A very interesting discussion.

I'll have to read through the EJ thread to see if he has done something post-buff because I'm curious specifically how HoW's buff has affected those numbers.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    A very interesting discussion.

I'll have to read through the EJ thread to see if he has done something post-buff because I'm curious specifically how HoW's buff has affected those numbers.
    It's question HoW damage pushes to to the front but still on live does not sit in the DP talent so no chance of HP. However it will be cut and dry simple when it's on the DP talent it will always be first and I'd say most people have it as priority number 1 because of the extreme damage it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Mastery != free TV. If you cast it over a CS, you are doing (TV - CS) damage for that cycle, not TV-only damage
    This, and the fact you are also losing 0.6 HP.

So ideally we want our HoL procs used in the filler spot between CS#1 and CS#2, just in case the HoL TV procs a HP.

Now timing this is not easy, since it's RNG, but worst case scenario is a HoL proc just as you've cast CS#2, which will get you intoo this cycle:

CS#2-filler-CS#3-TV-CS#1-HoL TV

Max duration would be 5x1.5s+5xlatency(my case 100ms)=8.0s

Duration of HoL is 8sec, so it is possible to delay it, though you will ofc miss out of any more HoL procs in the meantime.

Also, the filler between CS#2 and CS#3 might proc a HP, so we'll get to use the HoL proc faster, but on the other hand the TV before CS#1 might proc a HP, thus closing the window for "best used HoL proc time".

Let me restate that;

1 - I think ret DPS (single target) is fine, although VERY RNG

2 - 1 mastery rating compared to 0 mastery rating is more(duh!)

3 - 1 mastery compared to 1 crit/haste is less(this is actually what we started out discussing)

To finish off, it seems to me they forgot to fix the Zealotry talent not using HP, but just requiring 3xHP on live. Sunday/Monday it was consuming them for both me and the other ret in the raid. Has it been changed now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Albani View Post
    This, and the fact you are also losing 0.6 HP.

So ideally we want our HoL procs used in the filler spot between CS#1 and CS#2, just in case the HoL TV procs a HP.

Now timing this is not easy, since it's RNG, but worst case scenario is a HoL proc just as you've cast CS#2, which will get you intoo this cycle:

CS#2-filler-CS#3-TV-CS#1-HoL TV

Max duration would be 5x1.5s+5xlatency(my case 100ms)=8.0s

Duration of HoL is 8sec, so it is possible to delay it, though you will ofc miss out of any more HoL procs in the meantime.

Also, the filler between CS#2 and CS#3 might proc a HP, so we'll get to use the HoL proc faster, but on the other hand the TV before CS#1 might proc a HP, thus closing the window for "best used HoL proc time".

Let me restate that;

1 - I think ret DPS (single target) is fine, although VERY RNG

2 - 1 mastery rating compared to 0 mastery rating is more(duh!)

3 - 1 mastery compared to 1 crit/haste is less(this is actually what we started out discussing)

To finish off, it seems to me they forgot to fix the Zealotry talent not using HP, but just requiring 3xHP on live. Sunday/Monday it was consuming them for both me and the other ret in the raid. Has it been changed now?
    It's fixed on beta I don't think they intend to fix it on live anytime soon probably a later patch in November.

Single target Ret is beyond very RNG it's broken RNG you topping a meter shouldn't be 100% dependent on having good luck and it is.

WTB Static damage increase as a Mastery not this stupid ass HoL shit.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-10-20 at 02:01 PM.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    It's fixed on beta I don't think they intend to fix it on live anytime soon probably a later patch in November.

Single target Ret is beyond very RNG it's broken RNG you topping a meter shouldn't be 100% dependent on having good luck and it is.

I totally agree with this. I'd love to see mastery changed to something passive and more useful point for point than overcapping haste. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post

Are you saying you don't like blizzard blinding you with proc notifications every half second? Who wouldn't want that?

/endsarcasm
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Are you saying you don't like blizzard blinding you with proc notifications every half second? Who wouldn't want that?

/endsarcasm
    WTB your Title

I enjoyed when Mastery was holy damage but the issue is scaling, Exorcism critting for 50K wasn't going to cut it and we all knew that but they took away a great passive mastery and gave us a pile of shit even @ 85 it's a pile of shit.

I can see what they were trying to do, I get that they want to give us a Mastery that is useful by damage or healing so for that idea behind it HoL is great on paper and in theory it's great in an actual fight not so great. I really have no idea what they can do it's appreciated that they tried to give us Mastery for both offensive and defensive use but they failed again.