10+ Year Old Account

What is this BS about 40k+ crits?

Decided to take a peek on Damage Dealing forums and saw almost 2 pages worth of people allegedly getting hit by 40k+ arcane blasts, starfires, 15k+ Ice Lances, 30k+ soul fires...WHAT? How is this possible?

I decided to put it to the test and for the last 2 days I did nothing but BG's and have lost count of the number of Warlocks, Paladins, Priests, Druids, Shamans and even Warriors stacking so much resilience they effectively take less than HALF damage. I cannot imagine where these 40k crits are coming from, I can barely cross ~20k with full CD's popped (full wrathful here) on any target that had decent resil.
    edit: I had reforged every slot of my gear to mastery at the time, had +466 mastery.

I did come across the occacional target who wore FULL PvE gear - guess what happened to them? EXACTLY the same thing that happened to them pre-4.0...they died in 2 seconds.

So what on earth is all the complaining about? Damage went up, HP went up, the effects of resilience went up...I'm not experiencing a burst-fest but the complete OPPOSITE, to the point where 5 of us are doing our FULL damage on a single Paladin from our base to Horde base...and his HP never falls below 70%.

Conclusion: Welcome to 4.0 - yes, PvP gear is still used for PvP. Don't be stupid.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2010-10-19 at 07:41 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

15+ Year Old Account
    reforge to mastery

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, mastery is god for some things. My boomkin hit for 51k with starsurge while lunar eclips was active. Granted both of my +spellpower trinkets had procced, but still, it's not entirely unbelievable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by .Nensec View Post
    reforge to mastery
    I'm currently rocking +466 mastery, that's EVERY slot of my gear fully reforged to mastery. I still couldn't achieve anywhere near 40-50k on high-resil targets, it defies all possible math. *maybe* 25k WITH berzerking on a debuffed target (ebon plague, etc).

I think people are under the impression that now the HP levels are higher they can get away with doing PvP in PvE gear.

I tried it on my Spriest and although I could take people down pretty damn fast in my PvE gear as soon as someone even took a breath in my general direction I was dead.

On my main (Frost Mage) in BG PvP gear I can still take a pounding and as soon as I break free they are left to release in a nice pile of broken armor.

Basically if you are any other class reading this and you come to a BG in PvE gear as soon as you are frozen you have around 3 seconds before you die.
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

"Resilience fixing it"

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I can barely cross ~20k with full CD's popped.
    So you're complaining that you can only twoshot people and not oneshot them? 20K is already insane and should never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    So you're complaining that you can only twoshot people and not oneshot them? 20K is already insane and should never happen.
    Read my post, what I fear is that Blizzard is listening to those idiots in PvE gear getting 1-shot and may balance damage around it.
    Also, those 20k crits happen under IDEAL conditions of having 4-stacked Arcane Blast + cooldowns. I'm not talking about something as simple as Immo > Conflag.

Point is, I'm not seeing these insane crits despite reforging to full mastery and I don't see WHY moonkins, warlocks and mages are already getting hit by nerfs. A decently PvP-geared target makes me feel like I'm trying to burst someone down in TBC.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2010-10-19 at 07:39 AM.

I'm guessing most of those crits took place before the damage nerf of mages, locks and spriests, but still, caster do pump out a ridiculous amount of damage atm!

Point is, I'm not seeing these insane crits despite reforging to full mastery and I don't see WHY moonkins, warlocks and mages are already getting hit by nerfs. A decently PvP-geared target makes me feel like I'm trying to burst someone down in TBC.
    They're getting nerfed because those kinds of numbers are showing up in PvE. The PvP-driven "nerfs" took the form of the resilience scaling buff, which is being pulled back a bit.

Blizzard, for all the bluster of the community, doesn't generally knee-jerk react to what people think is an issue. They may knee-jerk to what they see as an issue, but that's at the very least based on real testing, real data, and real statistical analysis of those data.

Moreover, many of those bignum reports come from before the nerfs which are already in effect. Whatever you get right now, what would it be prior to them? You're right that a lot of this is "I have no resil and I was blown up. Oh noes." kind of complaining, but some of the numbers out there were quite a bit different at different points over the past week.

I believe they scaled your dps down because you were OP in PVE content (which is the whole purpose of this game). Stop complaining about the nerfs since at 85 they will be unnerfed.

Get over the fact that you were OP then lost your OPness which happens every pre xpac patch.

Be happy that at 85 you will be scaled back to normal.

So sick of the pvpers complaining so much.

rofl 40k+ i regularly crit for over 100k

HEY MY AIMED SHOT IS OP! crits for 5k on clothies and 1.5k on shamans, it's even worse on paladins =(

also, our magic damage skills still get both blocked and resisted, and you see some nice 1k explosive shot crits

is other ppl critting a little bit too much? yes . . .
    are paladins unkillable atm? yes
    do i want 3.3.5 back until 4.01 is decent? HELL YES!

I can barely cross ~20k with full CD's popped (full wrathful here) on any target that had decent resil.
    Oh no, barely 20k. Try being a hunter right now, even the bad pvpers who couldn't get t1 weapons pre-patch are making fun of us.
    Last edited by Derian; 2010-10-19 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantal View Post

My rogue would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantal View Post
    I kill paladin's alright as resto. Maybe not that holy with the 115K mana, but the rets are lolret and the prots just take time with their massive hp.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    My rogue would like to have a word with you.
    ????

A prot would wreck you.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only people dying in PvP aren't stacking Resilience. Resilience really did fix it this time.

People at around 1800-1900 Resilience are taking 80% reduced damage from players right now.

That means if you hit somebody with 1800 resilience for 40k, you'd be able to hit a player without resilience for TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND DAMAGE (basically, anyone who says they got hit for 40k and has 1800 resilience is lying).

TL;DR: People getting 1 and 2 shot need to learn to put on their freaking PvP gear.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines