Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Game is not balanced around lvl 80 is a copout for poor current balance

    same thing people said in early lich king who QQ'd about pallys, dk's, etc. and funny enough Blizzard still had to do a TON of nerfing to those classes thoughout lich king even at 80 to bring them down.

    fact is so many people are brainwashed to whatever blizzard tells them(especially on mmo champion) they don't realize how much of a work in progress everything is all of the time.

    its just a lame copout to pretend everything is going to come together at 85 as things currently are. people need to stop saying that. guarantee there would be MAJOR issues at 85 if we were playing in it assuming equal scaling...

  2. #2
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    33,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    same thing people said in early lich king who QQ'd about pallys, dk's, etc. and funny enough Blizzard still had to do a TON of nerfing to those classes thoughout lich king even at 80 to bring them down.

    fact is so many people are brainwashed to whatever blizzard tells them(especially on mmo champion) they don't realize how much of a work in progress everything is all of the time.

    its just a lame copout to pretend everything is going to come together at 85 as things currently are. people need to stop saying that. guarantee there would be MAJOR issues at 85 if we were playing in it assuming equal scaling...
    ...and your credentials as a game designer can be found...where?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    Hi, I just came in to tell you that everyone is aware that there will always be major issues that need to be worked out, and that the game is never balanced.


    then why do people keep saying "THE GAME IS NOT BALANCED AROUND LVL 80, BUT LVL 85" to every QQ posted here?

    typical MMO Champion tho :P

  4. #4
    The Patient Tenderoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    same thing people said in early lich king who QQ'd about pallys, dk's, etc. and funny enough Blizzard still had to do a TON of nerfing to those classes thoughout lich king even at 80 to bring them down.

    fact is so many people are brainwashed to whatever blizzard tells them(especially on mmo champion) they don't realize how much of a work in progress everything is all of the time.

    its just a lame copout to pretend everything is going to come together at 85 as things currently are. people need to stop saying that. guarantee there would be MAJOR issues at 85 if we were playing in it assuming equal scaling...
    I'm so glad you shared this original perspective with us. It was totally worth starting a new thread on this topic because there aren't a hundred others.

  5. #5
    Short answer: We do not pay Blizzard to make the game for us, we pay for the ability to play the game they make. They have no obligation to make us happy, it's only smart business sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenderoni View Post
    I'm so glad you shared this original perspective with us. It was totally worth starting a new thread on this topic because there aren't a hundred others.
    thx for telling me theres hundreds of topics sayiing this, now point me to them idiot. bet you can't since there aren't any other topics that are saying the obvious more than a lot of morons like you spouting how everything right now is balanced for 85 :P

    its just dumb how a lot of you make up shit just to apologize for blizzard, and its constant here. be f'in real, thats all i ask instead of constantly making up whatever excuses you can for them.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenderoni View Post
    I'm so glad you shared this original perspective with us. It was totally worth starting a new thread on this topic because there aren't a hundred others.
    What he said. Really just don't worry about it and ignore the QQ'ers and just let Cataclysm come out and if it proves them wrong then it proves them wrong and if it doesn't then whatever who cares. Enjoy the game and don't let people get to you.

  8. #8
    Field Marshal Vatheron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down town Heaven
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Short answer: We do not pay Blizzard to make the game for us, we pay for the ability to play the game they make. They have no obligation to make us happy, it's only smart business sense.
    ^ This.

  9. #9
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    Hi, I just came in to tell you that everyone is aware that there will always be major issues that need to be worked out, and that the game is never balanced.

    That. Is. Awesome. Thank you.

    To the OP: Just because you're mad that you suck and cannot get used to the new mechanics, shut the fuck up and get used to them.

    Don't throw around technical jargon without knowing what it really means. Scaling isn't equal, especially when you consider new spells and stats. Scaling isn't even linear. What you're assuming is that stats as they are now will be what we have (%age wise) at 85. This isn't so. In comparison, it's something like 179 crit to 1% crit at 85 versus the 46 crit to 1% at 80. Does that look like linear scaling to you versus the 14 crit rating to 1% at 60 or 22 crit rating to 1% at 70? Blizzard has already stated that these things have gotten out of hand and won't be as high at 85. When you also add a new stat into the mix, it makes it even more so.

    The fact of the matter is you don't have everything you will have at 85 so just sit down, shut up, and bitch about 85 when you hit 85.

    EDIT: I just armory'd the OP, of course it's a lolhuntard using a tanking gun as his weapon. Some advice: before you go bitching, at least make sure you know how to play your class.
    Last edited by enoesiiw; 2010-10-19 at 02:23 PM. Reason: moar flame

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Short answer: We do not pay Blizzard to make the game for us, we pay for the ability to play the game they make. They have no obligation to make us happy, it's only smart business sense.
    i'm just pointing out a truth here, and a over-stated lie/copout by so many who frequent these forums.

    i'm not exactly blaming Blizzard too much since they couldve either kept all of this stuff on Test and worked it letting us play in the same old stale WoW, or let us play with the new stuff on live, where i guess i prefer the latter(altho i really miss the balance we JUST had tbh). i just expect people to be real to the situation and not makeup whatever BS they can, and repeat it like its true.

    ---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 02:24 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by enoesiiw View Post
    That. Is. Awesome. Thank you.

    To the OP: Just because you're mad that you suck and cannot get used to the new mechanics, shut the fuck up and get used to them.

    Don't throw around technical jargon without knowing what it really means. Scaling isn't equal, especially when you consider new spells and stats. Scaling isn't even linear. What you're assuming is that stats as they are now will be what we have (%age wise) at 85. This isn't so. In comparison, it's something like 179 crit to 1% crit at 85 versus the 46 crit to 1% at 80. Does that look like linear scaling to you versus the 14 crit rating to 1% at 60 or 22 crit rating to 1% at 70? Blizzard has already stated that these things have gotten out of hand and won't be as high at 85. When you also add a new stat into the mix, it makes it even more so.

    The fact of the matter is you don't have everything you will have at 85 so just sit down, shut up, and bitch about 85 when you hit 85.
    guess you're the noob that just started playing WoW at 4.01 so i think you should stfu noob. if you have a memory at all of Lich King people said the same shit here, and it turned out completely wrong and imbalanced at 80. keep straw manning it tho like the retard you are, i for one am wiser than your pea brain group think brainwashed mentality.

    you have to be EXTREMELY NAIVE or retarded to think all of this right now would be balanced at 85. which one are you? i'm guessing retarded.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2010-10-19 at 02:27 PM.

  11. #11
    ^ I don't get why you have to get so hostile you're not going to get anywhere being an ass to people on the internet just let it go and let people cry if they want to you aren't going to change anything.

  12. #12
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    same thing people said in early lich king who QQ'd about pallys, dk's, etc. and funny enough Blizzard still had to do a TON of nerfing to those classes thoughout lich king even at 80 to bring them down.

    fact is so many people are brainwashed to whatever blizzard tells them(especially on mmo champion) they don't realize how much of a work in progress everything is all of the time.

    its just a lame copout to pretend everything is going to come together at 85 as things currently are. people need to stop saying that. guarantee there would be MAJOR issues at 85 if we were playing in it assuming equal scaling...
    So you are arguing about major issues if we assume something, instead of major issues because of how it is? Use facts or don't even bother to post.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashilax View Post
    ^ I don't get why you have to get so hostile you're not going to get anywhere being an ass to people on the internet just let it go and let people cry if they want to you aren't going to change anything.

    lol ii'm the one being hostile? look at the replies. i have a reason to be hostile especially considering this thread is true but a lot of you want to attack me for posting it.

    some of you just can't handle the truth i guess. i don't know why a thread like this would get people butthurt unless they're the ones who are spinning that stupid brainwashed statement about everything SUPPOSEDLY being balanced at 85 :P

    ---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 02:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you are arguing about major issues if we assume something, instead of major issues because of how it is? Use facts or don't even bother to post.
    if you're the one saying everything is balanced at 85, the burden of proving anything should be on you. but you can't, and i GUARANTEE you're wrong. just so many naive people here keep putting blind faith in waht they're told without really factoring in past history, or blizzard not being nearly as perfect as so many of the people here constantly assume/excuse. mmo champion is a haven for blizzard apologists, and anti QQ buttered up thread encouragement.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2010-10-19 at 02:31 PM.

  14. #14
    You're right, OP. Nerf paladins.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    i'm just pointing out a truth here, and a over-stated lie/copout by so many who frequent these forums.

    i'm not exactly blaming Blizzard too much since they couldve either kept all of this stuff on Test and worked it letting us play in the same old stale WoW, or let us play with the new stuff on live, where i guess i prefer the latter(altho i really miss the balance we JUST had tbh). i just expect people to be real to the situation and not makeup whatever BS they can, and repeat it like its true.

    ---------- Post added 2010-10-19 at 02:24 PM ----------



    guess you're the noob that just started playing WoW at 4.01 so i think you should stfu noob. if you have a memory at all of Lich King people said the same shit here, and it turned out completely wrong and imbalanced at 80. keep straw manning it tho like the retard you are, i for one am wiser than your pea brain group think brainwashed mentality.

    you have to be EXTREMELY NAIVE or retarded to think all of this right now would be balanced at 85. which one are you? i'm guessing retarded.
    whatever point you may or may not have had is now completely irrelevant since you act like such a douchebag. Don't like the game? Quit! Vote with your wallet, I hear there are plenty of other games out there just waiting to take your money, like Warhammer and Aion (ROFL)!

    Like it was said earlier, deal with it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    lol ii'm the one being hostile? look at the replies. i have a reason to be hostile especially considering this thread is true but a lot of you want to attack me for posting it.
    Being hostile to people who are already hostile doesn't do anything but make it worse.

    Edit: I'm just trying to help you before you end up saying something that gets you banned bud. If I were you I would just give up and let it run its course.

  17. #17
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    then why do people keep saying "THE GAME IS NOT BALANCED AROUND LVL 80, BUT LVL 85" to every QQ posted here?

    typical MMO Champion tho :P
    Because it is true. Blizzard doesn't care if some things are overpowered now because in short order everyone will be using level 85 stuff. With 85 gear, and 85 everything etc. That doesn't mean they might not have to change stuff, or fix things, or buff things. It simply means they don't care that much about balance now since they've tried to balance stuff for 85. There is no point spending all their time trying to perfectly balance stuff now, when they will have to change everything to account for level 85 abilities in a few months.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Onigun View Post
    whatever point you may or may not have had is now completely irrelevant since you act like such a douchebag. Don't like the game? Quit! Vote with your wallet, I hear there are plenty of other games out there just waiting to take your money, like Warhammer and Aion (ROFL)!

    Like it was said earlier, deal with it.

    i'll act like a douchebag to douchebags like you coming at me for making a HONEST thread. like i said some of you just can't handle the reality of how balance is i guess, but i should expect that with a lot of pro blizzard kiss ass's here that can't handle QQ threads or statements made against them.

    and don't pretend to speakk for everyone you sorry ass suck up.

  19. #19
    Over 9000! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    if you're the one saying everything is balanced at 85, the burden of proving anything should be on you. but you can't, and i GUARANTEE you're wrong. just so many naive people here keep putting blind faith in waht they're told without really factoring in past history, or blizzard not being nearly as perfect as so many of the people here constantly assume/excuse. mmo champion is a haven for blizzard apologists, and anti QQ buttered up thread encouragement.
    That has nothing to do with anything I said. I merely said that you should be complaining based off facts instead of asking us to assume something in order for your argument to work. Nothing in your response addresses anything I said, so either learn to post properly or at the very least actually understand and respond to what people post.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •