Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Why wouldnt it be worth using anymore? After some calculations, the nerf is completely correct imo
    With 80k max mana 1% base mana = 182 mana
    Attonement = Heal in healing amount
    After casting 5 casts, they both break even costing the priest exactly the same amount, aka the perfect balancing of an optional spell rotation
    (So stop complaining about Archangel and focus on the overall raid experience for Disc Priests)
    If you read the other threads from start to finish, then you will know why Discipline Priests do not like Smite Atonement healing.

It seems as if smite healing specs are not viable in this build. Mana regen also takes a big hit via rapture.

At this point I'm struggling to figure out why any priest but a shadow priest would want wings now... if that's blizzard's intention then put it in the shadow tree and give us something we can use!

Hopefully addons are fixed this build and I'll be able to play more.

From Beta Build 13241 notes:

Discipline

* Rapture now cannot occur more than once every 12 sec, down from 6 sec.
    * Atonement now heals for 50% of the damage dealt, down from 100%.
    * Inner Focus no longer affects Heal. Now affects Binding Heal.

Fyi, this is a topic where beta testers share their thoughts on the specc and their experiences, there are other AND better threads for posting patch notes available

Yes Im breaking the "rules" aswell

I am a beta tester and I did discuss my thoughts (however brief they were) on the changes in relation to the beta before i listed them for reference... I can't log into the beta currently (build is still being pushed down last I checked) to test but I can analyze briefly what I think of the changes and their implications.
    Last edited by raivyne; 2010-11-03 at 10:46 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorq View Post
    We don’t need 2 pure healing specs. Convert the Disc spec into a monk spec. Lets get an melee spec with disc and healing capabilities.
    Wow... Where did that come from? Maybe you forgot how forums work, but there are topics, we try and discuss those topics. I guess you missed that.

Well, there's a reminder.
    Peace.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: nevermind it was covered in other sticky.

New 359 premades seem to be much better providing lots of spirit bonuses from 4pc and trinkets for better mana regen. Completely speccing out of anything related to smites and atonement, going to haste soft cap, and using only instants (renews too) with inner will seems like worth trying.
    Last edited by Planet; 2010-11-04 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planet View Post
    Edit: nevermind it was covered in other sticky.

New 359 premades seem to be much better providing lots of spirit bonuses from 4pc and trinkets for better mana regen. Completely speccing out of anything related to smites and atonement, going to haste soft cap, and using only instants (renews too) with inner will seems like worth trying.
    i dont know, i still think inner will to be a bit... lacking. though i'm pretty sure renew IS better than heal in most ocasions.

archangel feels quite worthless now. spend over 7 seconds to get a 15% healing boost while losing mana seems unreliable. unless we're talking about a fight with a timed aoe damage effect.

you throw a smite in between shields, and pop archangel right before said aoe for a +healing buff. but if weve gotten to this stage i belive itd be better to just move it to the shadow tree (like someone pointed out before) and give us a better +healing CD. preferably that affects absorbs as well.

The latest build has some exciting looking changes for disc priests!

Holy

* Prayer of Healing base healing value has been increased by 20%, from [ 3026 - 3198 ] to [ 3632 - 3838 ].

Discipline

* Power Word: Barrier duration reduced to 10 sec, down from 25 sec. No longer absorbs a given amount of damage, now reduces all damage done to friendly targets by 30%. While within the barrier, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage.
    * Divine Aegis now also procs from all heals from Prayer of Healing.
    * Grace now increases all healing received from the Priest by 4/8%, up from 2/4%.
    Has anyone on beta been able to heal w/the new changes yet? I'm stuck unable to log into org, so I haven't been able to try them out yet.

Deleted
    I'm curious to see a log parse with the new changes

The only thing I have found so far are some 10 man logs from Exodus this week.

The ones on 11-11 are 10 man Magmaw heroic attempts and on 11-12 is 10 man Chimaeron. Their logs are split up by attempt so that is very nice. You can see Perc (their main Disc priest) playing as both holy and disc on some of the attempts and both specs seem to be doing pretty good now. Of course the new Barrier won't show up on logs but the value of it is indisputable. The Divine Aegis numbers seem to be a little more accurate now as well, but I didn't look at every attempt.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/2301/

Indeed. That Aegis change (to Prayer) really blew me the hell out of the water. I don't think Blizz is ready to give up on Discipline (just because "if it sucks people can roll holy"). Not just yet.

It's good to see them thinking and doing something, yet still trying to keep the two specs seperate.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Bliz stated they are going to be buffing Heal / Flash Heal / Greater Heal basically all single target spells maybe next build? Is that going to help? I don't think the devs are getting the message. Discs biggest problem is AoE healing, not single target throughput even though it's worse off then other healers. I think the problem is the fact that Holy / Disc share many of the same spells, buffing one will lead to over buffing the other.

Well, Grace was just buffed.

And as for "AoE heals" that you seem to think Discipline is lacking, have you logged in since the Aegis-Prayer change went out?

Quote Originally Posted by Boogey View Post
    Bliz stated they are going to be buffing Heal / Flash Heal / Greater Heal basically all single target spells maybe next build? Is that going to help? I don't think the devs are getting the message. Discs biggest problem is AoE healing, not single target throughput even though it's worse off then other healers. I think the problem is the fact that Holy / Disc share many of the same spells, buffing one will lead to over buffing the other.
    No, GC did not say they are buffing Heal/Flash/GH, he said they are looking at them because they don't feel priests of either spec are using those heals enough. Buffing them may change that, but when you are reviewing spell usage of healers that are typically assigned to raid healing and not tank healing I would expect you would see more raid/group heals used over single target. If they are looking at 5 man data then that is truly surprising. Hard to know though.

As Kel pointed out, the recent base healing change to PoH, and DA on all PoH heals for Disc, is great. It helps both specs in a good but unique way. Holy gets more out of their mastery, and disc gets more mileage from theirs as well. It also makes the Glyph of PoH more valuable for both. It's a win-win for both specs and I am sure we will see a lot more usage from PoH in the future.

Am I allowed to pout that it's on Prayer instead of Holy Nova, though?

I think we should pout that Prayer was the only thing that got this change. I say they implement this change on PoM as well as PoH.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    I think we should pout that Prayer was the only thing that got this change. I say they implement this change on PoM as well as PoH.
    Renew and Holy Nova, instead of Mending or Prayer. You get a single target implementation, a multi target implementation, and a spell that's pretty "meh" finally becomes useful for at least one spec.

Removing the sticky, as beta's coming to a close soon.

i started in beta as my usual, Disc priest, but found that the overall mechanics of the class had issues. loved the idea that smite healz but unless i had a grp full of melee, it was tough to tab to the tanks target and start smiting when i have ranged dps getting hit in the back and renew didnt seem to cut it. now im talkin' at 85 instances and beyond, disc seemed to do fine up until Lost City of Tol'Vir i think.
    Anyway i tryed out every healing class in beta but found druids and holy pallys to be what fit my heal style the best. now i know they just recently made some good buffs to disc and i might go back and give it another shot today, but as it stands atm i have rerolled pally healz for live.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Physicx View Post
    i started in beta as my usual, Disc priest, but found that the overall mechanics of the class had issues. loved the idea that smite healz but unless i had a grp full of melee, it was tough to tab to the tanks target and start smiting when i have ranged dps getting hit in the back and renew didnt seem to cut it. now im talkin' at 85 instances and beyond, disc seemed to do fine up until Lost City of Tol'Vir i think.
    I've been using a target of target macro for smite. Works well enough for me so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!