Minimum System Requirements

I'm a little bit worried for a friend,who plays WoW. He just barely meets these system requirements, minus one thing- his motherboard is maxed out on ram, at 512. Do you think he can still play alright? He's more of a casual player anyways, hardly raids at all. I hate to be the bearer of bad news on such things to him .

Quote Originally Posted by iced1138 View Post
    I'm a little bit worried for a friend,who plays WoW. He just barely meets these system requirements, minus one thing- his motherboard is maxed out on ram, at 512. Do you think he can still play alright? He's more of a casual player anyways, hardly raids at all. I hate to be the bearer of bad news on such things to him .
    I highly doubt your friend will be able to play Cata, I am frankly amazed that he is currently playing WOTLK with 512MB of ram

It... might be hard... if he is playing 4.0 ok he should be ok in cata tho, He should seriously thnk about getting a new PC :P i think my ipod has more then 512 ram lol

15+ Year Old Account
    512 MBs of ram... Doesn't sound good in my opinion. I hate telling people to upgrade their rigs, but this seems like it's really overdue.

I would doublecheck on the RAM capacity of his motherboard, chances are with a bios update he could probably handle more memory, though honestly if his system is old enough that his motherboard only accepts 512 RAM max, then it is almost a miracle he can play WoW successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by iced1138 View Post
    if he runs 4.0.1, he will run cata, since it's the same thing in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a new PC.. there are ones out there for $300-400(or possibly less) that will run the game fine on low settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    Get a new PC.. there are ones out there for $300-400(or possibly less) that will run the game fine on low settings.
    Depends where you live :P here where i live a new PC able to play cata would be at least 1.200 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    ^This, I can't even remember when I had a PC that only had 512 mb of RAM capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaff666 View Post
    Depends where you live :P here where i live a new PC able to play cata would be at least 1.200 or more.
    Where you live or where you buy? Huge difference between the two. $400USD could easily get you an acceptable rig for WoW. A $1200 system would last you at least 2 years while still having potential for upgrades.

I've been telling him to get a new pc for a while, but he's had other things get in the way. He hasn't even played since 4.0 came out, since he's on the road so much as part of his job. The one time I brought him to Dalran, he said it was like a slideshow, with 1 frame maybe every second at most.

I took the Ram out of my Speak-n-Spell and put it in my Tandy 1000 will i be able to play the GAMES

Take a look at a dell XPS. only 500$ and a great computer...512mb of RAM is really slow, and the XPs will be a huge upgrade!

10+ Year Old Account
    Athlon 64 2.0 Ghz, 2 Gb RAM, 256 Mb PCIe ATI X1600, XP Pro 32-bit Home Edition.

Old, but well maintained and tweaked more often than C3P0's nipple nuts - so stable I shudder at taming a new beast.

Though soon it's time for my bi-decade upgrade...