Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Leveling a mage, got laughed at as frost.

I started a mage last night and am having a blast. I specced as Frost, got the hang of the elemental, and went to town.

I entered a BG earlier and got called an idiot for playing as Frost. He said stuff like the elemental was worthless, despite the fact that I was popping rogues out of stealth left and right with it.

However, I did question whether I could be doing better with a different spec. At 21, I respecced and went Arcane. The tree at this level doesn't seem to be all that great. It just feels clunky. Arcane Blast is too slow, and Arcane Barrage + Fire Blast doesn't do enough damage for my tastes. I have yet to try Fire.

My question is, is there anything legitimately wrong with leveling as Frost right now?

The people who laughed at you are idiots.

Arcane is a pain with mana, and fire is okay for randoms but sucks for solo leveling.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong with frost right now if you're using it to level and whatnot

First of all, you're level 21. You don't have a lot of talent points to work with anyway. Second of all, that other guy is retarded.
    Beta Club Brosquad

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.
    BfA Beta Time

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magezsoul View Post
    The people who laughed at you are idiots.
    Perfectly stated.

Thanks folks, just needed some confirmation.

I can't take this. I don't like Arcane. Going back to Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to every idiot in BGs. Do what you want, it's a game.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

frost is now beast.

stuff dies within seconds.

Don't question yourself. Stay frost until 80. You will have far less issues and level way faster.

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Don't listen to every idiot in BGs. Do what you want, it's a game.
    Oh, I know. I try not to let other people influence the way I play, but I am open to the possibility of something better if it's out there. It's why I gave Arcane a shot before deciding I didn't like it.

I mainly posted here to find out whether or not I could actually be doing better with a different spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, play what you like while leveling. You may need to play something specific for end game raiding (depending on your guild/game beliefs) but while leveling it doesn't matter. Anyone who QQs is a tool.

Deleted
    i want a mage

frost would be my spec of choice! So many hours watching my friend play his frost mage on other computer in my room. Even more CC and crap available now.

Anyway

Frost is great! I love the new frost spec changes. It is so fun to play! Those ppl are idiots. Play what you want to play and remember it's a game. You are supposed to have fun so if you enjoy frost, play frost.

people who you don't know are usually wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooStu View Post
    people who you don't know are usually wrong.
    This pretty much sums up anything about World of Warcraft and it's players.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

If you got leveling gear and double intellect trinkets, arcane is FAR better then frost atm for leveling, from level 10 -> 20 you can pretty much 1 shoot every damn mob with arcane barrage, or if you need to use a fireblast, the water elemental dosnt scale to well from level 10 -> at least mid 30, same goes for the warlock felguard he is terrible before level 30ish.

And for pvp, arcane barrage is crazy in the face along with 1 point in improved blink ^^ its fun as hell.
    Oh hi

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.
    Just had to say that I busted up hysterically at this.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Isn't frost the best pvp spec around? I hear countless stories from just about every class saying a smart frost mage is the biggest pain in the @ss in pvp hands-down. Like it was if u wanna pvp as a mage, go frost for best results. I can see how they excel, with their chills and freezes and barriers/survivability.
    I'm definitely making a frost mage alt in cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies
    I recall in Vanilla I got laughed at for being frost by a fire mage. He said "As fire, mobs DIE before they reach you!" ...lol same thing for frost. XD

Its just the natural order of things. Newer players often curious of other specs. And if they aren't the curious type, they are usually downright offended by anyone who isnt their spec.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2010-10-20 at 05:46 AM.