10+ Year Old Account

Mindflay Question

I was wondering if I could get an accurate description after noticing some quirks about it.

-I'm pretty sure if you are counterspelled when casting it it doesn't have a school lockout likw other cast spells.
    - It is a channeled spell that can be reflected, and lasts until you stop casting.
    - on Heroic Sindy it doesn't create stacks of instability. (And is the only spell that I know of that doesn't)

I know it is classified as a channeled DoT for synergy of talents, dmg modifiers etc. but I wanted to know if anyone had a more indepth explanation of the mechanics.

I would also be intrested to hear any other mechanics or "bugs" with MF.

MF certainly used to create instability stacks, however I too noticed that I wasn't stacking instability like I used to and assumed they changed the mechanic to a chance on cast to create a stack of isntability. So either my assumption is correct or perhaps you're explanation is the reason?

I've also read reports that MF no longer procs DFO, it appears that MF has been classified as a DoT again rather than a direct damage spell.

I also know that the spell was to be rebuilt for cata, during the technical implementation of haste and crit scaling for MF during LK they basically created some technical limitations with the spell, mainly to do with spell queueing. It's one of the reasons why spriests were the most penalised class/spec in terms of latency.

Apparently the rebuilding of the spell is supposed to address those technical issues regarding spell queueing, however I can't say that anything appears all that different with the current implementation. Can anyone confirm what is the current state of MF from a technical point of view?

Sindragosa apparently is giving Arcane Mages one stack per tick of Missiles, for reference only.

But to answer, I cannot confirm anything, Worshaka.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

did sindy (reg, was going for acheivs) last night and i can confirm that mf was not giving stacks of instability

15+ Year Old Account
    I take it that's only since 4.0.1 hit?

I know for a fact that in 3.3.5 MF was most definitely giving instability
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

MindFlay Pre 4.0 Channeled spell that deals damage over time
    MindFlay Post 4.0 A Dot that is Channeled.

All thats changed is that it doesnt proc things that require spellcasts as opposed to pre 4.0 where it would proc Phylactery AND DFO..etc

Yeah, maybe because it's a tick of a dot it doesn't count just like ticks of other dots do not. You'd think the initial click should... But I have to guess the same event that triggers dfo also triggers buffet. But you do get locked out from the curse on deathwhisperer. And buffet count the initial cast of other dots. I have to assume it's a bug that will be fixed if it's reasonably possible to do so.