Thread: Mages still OP

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's also an outdated video showing a guy sitting there taking it.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Swifty seemed to "take it" seriously (Haha thats punny) Anyhow in an effort to relate to the topic, the vid did portray the fact that mages aren't the only ones pouring out burst at 85. They're well off, yes, but they need to pop Cooldowns like anybody else to achieve big numbers fast.
    Warrior, Paladin, Shaman, Rogue, Priest, Death Knight, Warlock 80s on Dragonmaw, Thunderhorn, and Maelstrom.

Deathknights are just warriors who have lost their warrior beard. You can be a badass, but just know you weren't badass enough to keep your warrior beard so the beard killed you and forces you to wander the earth without it. (Revised and quoted from warcrimes)

Except Arcane Blast isn't scary till they have the 3rd and 4th stack which means they have to had been casting for a solid 4 to 5 seconds.

You are angry a mage that has been casting on you or nearby other players for 5 seconds is now doing scary damage? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexallius View Post
    1. Blizzard themselves said that 1vs1 doesn't matter to them (atleast not much), so you can't balance around that.

2. Confusing topic title - should be "Arcane is OP" not mages.

3. Ret pally tears even tho they do 15k hammers?
    Because wings aren't dispellable .... oh wait
    -K

The melee classes will do better dps on cloth players, so it's more "balanced" that it looks. The warriors are OP tho, you can imagine what their damage will be on a cloth player. That's why I think there will be a resilience buff by at least 50%.
    In the Frost Mage battle, if he had trinketed the Deep Freeze, it would require another 6 seconds to kill him. I don't think you can cripple another class burst that much simply by using pvp trinket and dispels. And as you saw at the end, 7.8k Ice Lance hit. Not 14k as some people were trying to show.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-10-26 at 11:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    Because wings aren't dispellable .... oh wait
    By that logic, neither is Arcane Power.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    I havent found Mages to be too OP... we have our weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    hopefully yes. At beta i sometimes get 60k crits with arcane blast. While i like it, i know what is coming
    I get 110k AB hits in beta raids. You do insane damage while your cooldowns are up and then you do below average damage for 2 minutes waiting for evo to be back up to do insane damage again for a few seconds.

I dont see how that is broken thats how they want arcane to work, i personally think they should lower the bonus of AP a bit and boost our damage during that 2 minutes where we fall off meters and do tank like damage...lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    I get 110k AB hits in beta raids. You do insane damage while your cooldowns are up and then you do below average damage for 2 minutes waiting for evo to be back up to do insane damage again for a few seconds.

I dont see how that is broken thats how they want arcane to work, i personally think they should lower the bonus of AP a bit and boost our damage during that 2 minutes where we fall off meters and do tank like damage...lol.
    If they nerf AP, they would have to subsequently nerf AE and BW to suit.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    I rerolled mage =D

for some of these reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The melee classes will do better dps on cloth players, so it's more "balanced" that it looks. The warriors are OP tho, you can imagine what their damage will be on a cloth player. That's why I think there will be a resilience buff by at least 50%.
    In the Frost Mage battle, if he had trinketed the Deep Freeze, it would require another 6 seconds to kill him. I don't think you can cripple another class burst that much simply by using pvp trinket and dispels. And as you saw at the end, 7.8k Ice Lance hit. Not 14k as some people were trying to show.
    they have big damage on plate because of smash that gives you 100% arpen for 6 seconds
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Arcane is ridiculosly op atm, one guy pulled 42k on bql. 28k on lk with one button (arcane blast)

PvP is unbalanced at the moment. Get over it.
    Also, l2interrupt/LoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Sorry that everyone doesn't know what it is. But if you are fighting hmm lets see.. Inside WSG horde base. There is plenty of stuff to run behind. So you don't use it just cause: It's a bg? Then you deserve to be called bad and die.
    Dude. yes LoS is working inside rooms. have you tried LoS through the tree stomps in WSG, Rocks in EotS or even Jumping down a small hill like WSG grave yards?

And yes i know what LoS is. thing is though that LoS in BGs is massivly incorrect if we can call it that. We all know that casters and rangers can hug the tree stumps in the middle of WSG and simply ambush anyone who's on the other side, then say LoS is fine in bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gixer View Post
    I havent found Mages to be too OP... we have our weaknesses.
    Like when you go afk in a BG and your Molten shield or water ele only kills half of the enemy team instead of all of them right?

Mages are super not overpowered. Can't all of you nonmages just understand this? None of you are skilled enough to interrupt icelance.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Dude. yes LoS is working inside rooms. have you tried LoS through the tree stomps in WSG, Rocks in EotS or even Jumping down a small hill like WSG grave yards?

And yes i know what LoS is. thing is though that LoS in BGs is massivly incorrect if we can call it that. We all know that casters and rangers can hug the tree stumps in the middle of WSG and simply ambush anyone who's on the other side, then say LoS is fine in bgs.
    Then you use your cds to avoid the damage. Every class have abilitys to avoid it or cc.

People stop defending mages. I have one and its not pretty. I'm gonna stay out of BGs with it because its simply not fair.

I don't think the level 81+ abilities will fix this. Seems more like a damage issue.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    People stop defending mages. I have one and its not pretty. I'm gonna stay out of BGs with it because its simply not fair.

I don't think the level 81+ abilities will fix this. Seems more like a damage issue.
    I don't defend mages. I just hate people that say pretty much: SO OP Q.Q can't do anything. Please nerf.

Instead of trying to learn how to counter it. Or even trying at all vs mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    I don't defend mages. I just hate people that say pretty much: SO OP Q.Q can't do anything. Please nerf.

Instead of trying to learn how to counter it. Or even trying at all vs mages.
    There is only so much you can do though, saying "counter it" is too simplistic.