Wall of Green - Spam

Yesterday i ran ICC25 with my guild as holy and the mastery (the hot) is extremely spammy.
    I see nothing but a green wall. I feel uncomfortable disabling the healing showed above every character.
    I dont like these scrolling battle text addons, because i wanna exactly see where my heal is applied.

So is there an addon or an option which can turn off the mastery-healing shown or just disables the healing over time shown?

Thank you

Not to be like rude, but do you actually need to see the numbers? Since the bars will be moving, and you should be preparing your next heal not on where the numbers didnt show up, but where bars are the lowest
    (excluding the tank, who has priority)

This also is better in Cataclysm since players wont be killed in a GCD, which allows you to have a look around and consider your spells at hand

Also, the green color confirms your doing something right yes, but Holy Mastery does it a bit much mayhaps^^

You can put a filter on what shows and what doesn't through a Combat Text, but as you are already aware of, these are not allowed to place anything on the 3D world, so it basically comes down to

A) Do you want them filtered, use a Combat Text
    -or-
    B) Do you want placement,
    Use basic UI

There is no middle ground, here, unfortunately.

But as stated before, you don't really need the healing numbers at all, because you should already be reacting to other things. Saying "woohoo, my greater heal crit for <X>" was really the only thing I found them valid for.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I run with them too Malic.. don't let people tell you that you're wrong for it. The majority of healers I know run with it on.

And yes it is a bit spammy and No I don't have an answer for you.

Hmm... ok thanks.

Since it is possible to change the font, is it maybe possible to change the font size of the damage/healing font?
    This would help a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    But as stated before, you don't really need the healing numbers at all, because you should already be reacting to other things. Saying "woohoo, my greater heal crit for <X>" was really the only thing I found them valid for.
    The primary reason I want healing numbers is for the overheal that shows from Scrolling Combat Text. I obviously can't speak for everybody, but to me that was the single most effective learning tool because it gave me a lot of moment-by-moment feedback about which heals were getting wasted and which were doing a lot of effective healing. That at least is my biggest reason for wanting to see numbers.

That's true. And a Scrolling Combat Text does that well. But I was more leaning for the <POW> that the crits tend to have on the basic UI.

Of course, I still nearly fell over the first time I had Trauma proc after using my Dragonscale. "So many numberssssssss O.O"

The basic UI is a way of relaying information, but it's not a useful way to do that. Changing the font size, Malic, won't help you sort through what you need and what you don't, and again it only shows you your own, which as a healer we need to play the meta-game.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Use something like MSBT. You can either hide all the tiny ticks, or you can have it merge them. So instead of 25 lines of heals for 200, you see a heal for 5,000 (25 ticks).

There's really no reason at all to use the default UI for this. Why would you want to know *where* your heals went ? More importantly, how would that possibly affect your next cast(s) ?

Well it is as he said, overheals, but then again, at the start of a raid, once your fully buffed, throw a GH, FH and a normal Heal out, watch recount or combat log, and just memorize the numbers and you will be picking the proper spell for the job so you dont overheal, most instants dont overheal anyways so

I would see it beneficial to see if a Divine Aegis lands on a target aswell, but for Holy its way too much spam

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Well it is as he said, overheals, but then again, at the start of a raid, once your fully buffed, throw a GH, FH and a normal Heal out, watch recount or combat log, and just memorize the numbers and you will be picking the proper spell for the job so you dont overheal, most instants dont overheal anyways so

I would see it beneficial to see if a Divine Aegis lands on a target aswell, but for Holy its way too much spam
    Any SCT mod shows heal size, overheal etc... SCT mods also reduce clutter. OP for some reason wants to know *WHERE* his heals land, I can't see a reason for that.

If you cast the heal yourself, shouldn't you know where it landed? i.e. on the person you targeted.

Well we have several spells now that are random landing, Holy Nova, Prayer of Mending, Attonement and Divine Hymn, all of which you just cast and hope for the best, not because you want a certain target to get higher health (Well, in a way^^)

I've had floating combat text turned off for over a year. Not really interested in the shiny green numbers.

You can see who's being healed by using raid frames...

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Well we have several spells now that are random landing, Holy Nova, Prayer of Mending, Attonement and Divine Hymn, all of which you just cast and hope for the best, not because you want a certain target to get higher health (Well, in a way^^)
    Why would you cast an AoE heal if you're trying to heal a specific person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Why would you cast an AoE heal if you're trying to heal a specific person?
    I was more refering to the special occasions of where you might want to see your green numbers, otherwise its all visible in the raid frames, as I said before