View Poll Results: Is paladin healing (not the holy paladin playstyle) as special as the other healer's?

Voters
28. This poll is closed
  • Yes: Even more so! Paladin healing is cheese and cream all over!

6 21.43%
  • No: The other healer's have way more useful tools to accomplish different healing needs.

17 60.71%
  • Meh: It's pretty much in line with all the others.

5 17.86%

holy paladin uniqueness

Hey everybody,

with all the changes to paladin healing style I came to think about how the changes would be viewed at "from the outside". Having a manafree heal essentially burns down to ... well a heal in the end. Be it free of cost or not, it stays a direct single person "dumb" (as in "not smart") heal. We got some (as stated by GC) "situational" AOE healings and a passive shield that accompanies every direct heal we shoot.

All in all no big deal: No lightwell, no chainheal, no hot-hotness, no groupheal?
    Or: Yay we ride the light! Beaconheal, LoD and Radiance rock the world! Mass shielding for free!

There is a massive amount of "getting used to new holypala" going on, so there sure is a lot of flavored feelings around.

My question now is: Compared to other healing specs, do you think, paladin healing (not the "internal" playstyle) is as special as their's?

---------- Post added 2010-10-20 at 01:37 PM ----------

I myself like the paladin playstyle very much but nonetheless do think the tools to provide different healings could be expanded - so I voted no: not in line with the others.

This poll makes no sense.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am confused. Paladin healing, but not the holy paladin playstyle? What?

Sorry if I can't make myself clear - english is not my native language. What I mean: Basically every heal a paladin does is a direct instant heal. No hot, no spammable groupheal. So from the perspective of a person being healed you won't be graced with a hot or can hope for a clever heal to hit you on the fly or just stand in the sparkling circle, or pick up that lightwell. All you get is that direct heal ... or not.

While the pala may PLAY very differently compared to prepatch, the actual EFFECTS of his healing haven't changed much. So my question is: Is direct healing enough? Is paladin healing as special as the other spec's to accomplish the different healing needs.

Sorry again if it still doesn't make sense

15+ Year Old Account
    my feelings are fairly neutral, i mean, we get new stuff but so does everyone, although i wouldn't want the 8796345875 different keybindings a holy priest might need in cata either.

Deleted

You should be a politician. America needs you!

And yes, I still think paladins' healing style is unique in comparation to *cough* shamans. Still I can't help to feel pissed off by the fact that holy priests stole our concencration heal. If that's what you asked...
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2010-10-20 at 02:51 PM.