Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW died for me after being kicked from esports

Recently I read a post about WoW being kicked out from esports ... this made me really sad and I just quited it , I was playing a shaman resto had the gear and stuff , but I like competition and maybe 1 day I was dreaming to go and try my best with a couple of friend of mine on a tournament such as esports and others ... but now my dream is gone... your opinion and how do you feel about this?

Ok, good bye, cy@ etc etc.
    2981-6619-3396

I was actually wondering why WoW became an E-Sport.

Deleted
    Just to clarify I am addressing the pvp part of the WoW community , not the PvE'rs who think PvE is so hard , but this is another thing , so please keep to the original posting.

You mean to say you only enjoyed WoW because it (until recently) was an E-sport?

Quote Originally Posted by 3f0n View Post
    Just to clarify I am addressing the pvp part of the WoW community , not the PvE'rs who think PvE is so hard , but this is another thing , so please keep to the original posting.
    wcg picked wow up just so you know

wcg= world cyber games

obvious troll is obvious

c'mon, back in my time, troll posts at least had some sense

Please dont call people trolls, just report them and move on [Infracted]
    Last edited by Dark Side; 2011-03-19 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You needed someone else to tell you pvp was imbalanced before you rage quit? Yeah, ok.

So you enjoyed playing the game because mass media told you it was "cool". With that mentality, you can move to South Korea and take up Starcraft II.

link pls somehow i don't really see this happening. and if it did good! goodriddance to the console kiddies that want instant gratification via pvp scream for pve nerfs because of pvp.
    <Mod edit: Infracted>
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-03-19 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3f0n View Post
    Recently I read a post about WoW being kicked out from esports ... this made me really sad and I just quited it , I was playing a shaman resto had the gear and stuff , but I like competition and maybe 1 day I was dreaming to go and try my best with a couple of friend of mine on a tournament such as esports and others ... but now my dream is gone... your opinion and how do you feel about this?
    How do I feel about it being kicked out of e-sports?

WoW was the only MMO to even be in e-sports.

WoW wasn't created for PvP alone. I would understand if it was created solely for PvP purposes but it wasn't. It was a stretch that it was even in there. Go play a shooter game or StarCraft 2 or something. Those were intended for player vs. player action, not WoW. Sigh...people need to get it into their noggin' that WoW isn't all about PvP. You have to realize, OP, that this game wasn't even created for large-scale competitive PvP gaming on the get-go like StarCraft 2 was or other shooters, where PvP interactions were the main focus of the game.
    Last edited by Jademist; 2011-03-19 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    link pls somehow i don't really see this happening. and if it did good! goodriddance to the console kiddies that want instant gratification via pvp scream for pve nerfs because of pvp.
    I thought all the MLG WoW guys were in their twenties....

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, this isnt a "Im quitting" thread, hes asking how people feel about WoW being kicked from Esports. Stay on topic.

You probably would have quit anyway because I can be 99% sure you don't have what it takes to be in a tournament (the same way I can be sure that 99% of posters here don't have what it takes to join paragon).

Thanks for sharing though, gave me a giggle because this is one of the sillier rage quit posts of the day ^^

How do I feel about WoW being kicked from E-sports? meh... the people who love pvp will still do pvp fancy tournaments or not

I'm personally okay with WoW not being a E-Sport, since it pretty much devolved into counterpicks at the high-level events. Would rather watch Starcraft 2.

Deleted
    Boy did you pick the wrong game.

Bye.

Good, maybe now we won't have to worry about the Arena people whining about things being "unfair" and getting PVE (you know, the REAL endgame) nerfed in response.

WoW isn't meant to e-sport.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW wasn't kicked from E-sports.

WCG picked up WoW, and MLG dropped it(Temporarly, if Sundance is to be believed. Source is State of the Game podcast) due to something with Cata(Maybe current balance? Not having up to date servers? Iunno).

MLG alone isn't esports.

Now, my opinion on the matter? I think due to the shear number of classes and the fact that 3v3 is the main format, that WoW isn't a good game to have as a e-sport. Yes, there is a lot of skill involved to win such a tournament, but it can be heavily bias'd due to class makeup. This is the same issue some people in the SC2 community are having. Some believe that it's too favored for a Protoss or a Terran atm, which skews actual player skill.
    Last edited by seam; 2011-03-19 at 05:14 PM.

Sad story, bro.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Dark Side; 2011-03-19 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW should have never been an e-sport imo. them trying to balance everything around pvp for the past few years if ANYTHING has hurt the game more then help. while i do believe that as a whole WoW has become a much better game than its been, hopefully with it being dropped as an e-sport blizzard will stop trying to balance everything so much around arena