Thread: Leafs Nation

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Leafs Nation

Who else is on board with me? Great start to the season. Good looking players like Kessel and MacArthur. Oh and best in the league after 5.... this is going places.

Leafs are actually doing very well. Ive got Versteeg on my pool so I get some really good points... I see them making the playoffs.

They were doing well, then they tanked.

Kessel needs to step up and start scoring, and Grabbo needs to put the puck in the net.

With Wilson coaching, though, I don't see them going very far. His idea of putting the fourth line out with 5 minutes in the third is.. lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. The last two games were painful to watch. They just can't bury the puck. Puck control is terrible and they're giving away like Christmas came early.

Kadri is supposedly going to be playing Center now so hopefully he steps up and takes a few for himself. Bozak is going to end up in the minors if he doesn't do something spectacular in the next few games.

On the good side The Monster is doing great in net. You can't blame the goals he's taken with the team not keeping the puck at the other end at all. If Belfour was still in net he wouldn't be taking this crap. They really just need their captain back.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Leafs have certainly been up and down all season so far.

I was really surprised by the win against Washington yesterday... being down 4-1 then surging to a 5-4 shootout victory.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    That win was amazing.

I watched up to the end of the second period. After that I think I turned "My Name is Earl" on. I flipped back as the third period was underway. 16mins or so left. Leafs Score... I was back in. Then two more awesome goals. The shootout was epic.

Grabovski's goal was stunning. That's not something you see in hockey often. It was daring yes, but it paid off. He got the shootout goal that won the game. Amazing goaltending from Gustavsson in spite of the 4 goals. He pulled off the win in the shootout.

I sincerely hope that the leafs play with as much energy for the rest of the week. They're going to need it to beat Philly, Pittsburgh and Montreal. It's still a team that's working on building, but the foundation is there. Find the back of the net consistently and the Leafs are in business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but Sabres fan here and the Leafs don't have much of a shot playing the way they have for the last 7-ish years now :P And Fuzzzie, they have been rebuilding that team for ages now... think they will get a clue and actually accomplish something besides sitting at the bottom of the Northeast Division/Eastern Conference?

The Toronto Star is reporting that Rogers Communications is in talks to buy the Toronto Maple Leafs for $1 billion.

Go to sportsnet.ca for more on the story.

copy-paste from my sportsnet alert e-mail

What's the resemblance between the Leafs and the Titanic?

They both look great until they hit the ice.

Sorry, I had to let that one off my chest. Leafs had their ups and downs and they CAN compete, they just haven't proved it.

15+ Year Old Account
    The ups and downs are to be expected. It's a young team and will take more time to develop. Calling for Ron Willson's head every time they lose is shortsighted too. Replace with who?

I don't think Ron Wilson needs to be replaced. It's just two things. One, most of their players have had better days than in Toronto (except Grabovski) and two, their players on the ice are going ways that sometimes happens not being the way the rest of the players go (losing the puck like crazy, being in their zone for too long). That may be because of the captain missing or Wilson applying HIS game. Yes, they have Gustavsson, that helps A LOT, but still, each and every year, they start over again with players, huge continuous reconstruction. Pittsburgh will be hell, Philadelphia just the same and against the tight defense of Montréal, heh, good luck, Leafs.
    Last edited by Luipet; 2010-12-08 at 08:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luipet View Post
    Pittsburgh will be hell, Philadelphia just the same and against the tight defense of Montréal, heh, good luck, Leafs.
    I heard the same thing before the games against Boston and Washington. Toronto seems to play harder against more difficult teams and takes it easy on the easier ones (5-0 Loss to Edmonton anyone?). They still need to tighten up their offense and stop trying to do anything too fancy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to see who the b's get with your pick! Seguin is ammmazing, you can tell as he matures he will become a top line winger. I'm going to a leafs/b's game in march (iirc) and I hope they bring their A game. They usually do when playing the bruins.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Heh, Montréal has the same kinda curse. Plays well against good teams and bad against worst teams. Nashville and Edmonton against Montréal were pathetic games.

Tip for the Leafs, get the puck, shoot. Easy, right? Back to basics.

Sabres fan here. I have to tip my hat to you Leafs fans. No matter how crappy your team is, and no matter how much you KNOW you're going to lose here, every time the leafs come to town HSBC arena fills up with cape wearing, tin foil cup holding, loud mouth leaf fans.

If you hadn't already found my team, I can tell you Montréal can rival the Leafs supporters. But, I must say, most of them are fefans (I call them like that), just buying products and not appreciating the game.

Anyway, I wish luck to the Leafs, I think they deserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeland View Post
    Sabres fan here. I have to tip my hat to you Leafs fans. No matter how crappy your team is, and no matter how much you KNOW you're going to lose here, every time the leafs come to town HSBC arena fills up with cape wearing, tin foil cup holding, loud mouth leaf fans.
    You could say the same for the buffalo fans. You guys have had a rough start but I think they will turn it around and finish AT LEAST 6th in the east.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    If you hadn't already found my team, I can tell you Montréal can rival the Leafs supporters. But, I must say, most of them are fefans (I call them like that), just buying products and not appreciating the game.

Anyway, I wish luck to the Leafs, I think they deserve it.
    The Bell Centre is a dangerous place for those who dare wear a Leafs or Bruins jersey there.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    The Bell Centre is a dangerous place for those who dare wear a Leafs or Bruins jersey there.
    I do not accept violence or aggression, but I must say I have a big grin right now. Another tip, for all this time, do NOT put on a jersey that isn't of Montréal. It's a pit of uncontrollable enraged fans.

15+ Year Old Account
    Montreal games are always really loud. A lot of games at the ACC are filled with corporate types who are there entertaining clients. Wearing a suit to a hockey makes you look like a tool. That's why you see so many Leafs fans in Buffalo and Ottawa, because it's a chance to get good seats and cheer on their team.