Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock Race In Cata (Horde Only)

Which race is going to be better in cata, goblins with there 1% haste bonus or orcs 5% pet dmg + bloodfury?

Deleted
    it may depend on spec. obviously demo will benefit more from 5% pet damage than other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    If the goblin racial remains as 1% haste then the order will probably be:
    1. Goblin
    2. Troll
    3. Orc
    4. Undead
    5. Blood Elf
    There are no Troll warlocks o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    There are no Troll warlocks o_O
    in cata there will be

oh really, they changed it, cause before in cata locks still couldn't be trolls.
    So they can now?

Thats my bad then

Orcs > everthing else

In cata, Bloodfury will be relevant again (the wotlk version was barely any better than the bc version). Last I heard, it will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1400 spell power. So that - in addition to 5% extra pet damage - will be tough to beat.

Edit: here's level 85 bloodfury.... http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=33697
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2010-10-21 at 05:45 AM.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly be what you think is best. The racials give a nice boost but it's not so big you'll be required to race change to get into a guild.

I like my blood elf, but I might go goblin or troll...I really only like the female belf race for horde though. I'm definitely one for beauty.

I'm going to go Goblin cos i recon their animations are pretty cool, though I do like being undead...decisions decisions....The DPS potential of the racials I don't care either way however

15+ Year Old Account
    Try not to think in terms of what spec you'll be. You don't want to roll an Orc warlock, go demo and then find out you don't like the spec but feel pidgeon-holed into doing it to get the most out of your racials.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I like my blood elf, but I might go goblin or troll...I really only like the female belf race for horde though. I'm definitely one for beauty.
    same here, i love the female belf, don't like the male elf.
    I might change to a mail troll though, we'll see

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been debating changing my BE 'lock to Orc for awhile - was holding off until the Cata racials got nailed down. Sounds like they're just "as is"...

Now that I've finished up the scepter quest chain, maybe I'll go ahead and race change. (Was holding off since a race change clears out your quest log.)

on beta i goofed around with goblin/troll females (UD female on live) and Im honestly not sure what I'll be, I loved the troll casting animations, but I also really loved goblin for a myriad of reasons. they're goofy as all hell but it makes them a lot of fun too.

i think the t11 looks alot better on a female belf though :/

I don't like the look of orcs with t11, nor on goblins, seems all too mushed up

I don't really bother with the racials anymore... Granted when I used to raid at the high end and was transfering my lock over to horde the best choice was Orc and I sitll think its going to be a good race... the racials i think will be fairly close as a overall boost so I doubt im going to bother changing race again unless i go back to alliance which I don't see happening. The difference will be only a few DPS at the end of the day and not woth the $20 fee.

Goblin, for the personal banker. Then I don't have to go so friggin far to stock my herbs.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

For me personally I'd go Orc for overall dps because of Bloodfury and buff to the pet which is a big part of our dps right now.

But Goblin is also interesting choice too -> haste , jump , banker and lol.

Deleted
    nothing really changed much since vanilla. undead are and will always be the best warlock race. (+additional awesomeness for undead females)

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanfastic View Post
    Honestly be what you think is best. The racials give a nice boost but it's not so big you'll be required to race change to get into a guild.
    Our Guild only accepts Troll Hunters.
    Main: Tehblùe Alts: Clareical, Tehbangin
    Co-GM <Glory After Death> | Moderator for #trancefamily. Come join the family :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kio View Post
    Something being harder will not teach people how to play the game. It will just make the people that suck, suck more.