Arcane weapon enchant/trinket

Hi there I was wondering what you guys thought about switching the weapon enchant from Black Magic to 63 sp? Since we're reforging haste and it's a lot lower in stat priority for arcane do you think a static 63 sp gain would be better? I'm guessing for a staff the answer would be 81 sp now for sure, but just wasn't sure for a 1h.

Also I'm still up in the air about trinkets. I'm keeping DFO reforged to mastery and for my 2nd one I can't decide between talisman or the misguided quill. The reason I mention the quill is that it reforges into a nice chunk of mastery, has a perfect 2 min CD to match our burn phases, and the extra hit isn't completely useless as we can just reforge hit instead of haste on other items items (like gunship captains' mittens or plague stained pants) or take out our hit gems. Reign has the same int as talisman, but its proc isn't scaling with our SP or mastery and with much slower cast times and barely any arcane missiles I don't see its proc being as useful. Talisman also has a nice 2 minute CD to match with our burn phases. So what do you guys think about talisman vs. quill? And also Black Magic vs. 63sp?

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 03:28 AM ----------

Ok I guess more important than the trinkets is the weapon enchant, have any of you changed to 63 sp since the patch?
    Why do people with closed minds always have open mouths?

I just switched from Black Magic to +63 SP, but have'nt been able to test the results in a raid yet. I also reforged alot of haste to mastery. I did both of these for 1 main reason: the faster you cast, the faster you go OOM. I expect to see higher DPS numbers with +63SP.

It looks to me like Arcane is more Spl pwr crit now and haste doesnt really matter because a 2 sec 70k crit is still a ton of dps with the 4 stacks, come cata 85 i think we will go spl pwr and haste again though.

I would still run BM though because 71.5 haste is still better than 63 spl pwr imo.

I am running the Quil now for the burst phase also and heroic spyglass for my other trinket for the crit and spl pwr.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have a quill, a Heroic Spyglass, and a DFO (not heroic).

Which two should i pew pew with as arcane?

15+ Year Old Account
    That depends on your hit situation. If you need the quill to reach hit cap, use the quill. Otherwise, use the other two. My instinct says DFO > Spyglass, but I can't really trust my instinct until we learn more about the new rotations.