Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    interesting idea but lame implementation. Disconnect and Heartstone abilities are stupid. Hate to get a DC 10 sec before he dies...you dont get the achievement and whatnot. Same when u get hearthed to dala and need to fly back.....that makes no sense and is jsut lame and annoying.

Instead try this:
    Pitch Black:
    Turns the targeted players screen completely black, blocks all add-onns. Only the chat pane and the actionbar is visible. Increases damage dealt by 300% and enables you to attack friendly targets. Lasts 20 seconds. During this time, every 5 seconds you will target a random player.

The idea is that during this time, you have to dps the boss, because withouth the extra dps from the 300% extra damage buff, the boss wont die on time and enrage.

but you cant see anything, so you have to rely on your raidmembers to look at what your targeting. (they can see the target of your target)
    They will tell you if your targetting the boss or not. So you will hear them scream over vent, or say trough chat to <tab> to the next target, till you target the boss then you nuke the boss. Every 5 sec your target changes and you need to re-aquire the boss as your target.
    pitch black could be avoided by setting your "/console spelleffect" to 0

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    pitch black could be avoided by setting your "/console spelleffect" to 0
    Then why not just make it an outright stun instead of screen goes black and have it work like a poison that hops from player to player randomly regardless of range. Dispellable after X seconds, changes target effecting every 5 or so seconds.
    Oh wait that sounds a bit similar to blood of Hakkar.

Why don't you just have a big blob you can't target with 1/1 hp that every 15 seconds RNG kills a person in the raid.

Yeah. That sounds a lot less of a pain in the ass to wipe on indefinitely.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would love a Tripping ability or something (Keyboard is reversed. Up key becomes Down key and etc).
    Maybe a Vision Mechanic?
    The boss keeps blowing up Dust that gets in your and Friendly Targets their eyes, causing you to lose 1% hit every 5 sec, but also causes your screen to blur and your character could change directions automatically, which causes you to lose your target.
    The real thing would of course be that instead of the Character becoming distorted, the Player behind the screen becomes distorted.
    Add a pool of water to "Clean out your eyes" somewhere in the middle, but at a mechanic that the more players jump in the water, the "Muddier" it becomes, eventually turning into a mud pool that only slows your movement speed trying to run out instead of cleaning out your eyes.

Sigh...
    Ow how I would've loved to be an encounter designer

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 01:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    Why don't you just have a big blob you can't target with 1/1 hp that every 15 seconds RNG kills a person in the raid.

Yeah. That sounds a lot less of a pain in the ass to wipe on indefinitely.
    We all remember how awesome that went in Hyjal...
    Dawwwwwww

I agree

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 09:04 PM ----------

Yeh your right

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 09:05 PM ----------

ok bye

Quote Originally Posted by Oscassey View Post
    So it copies and activates the gearscore equivalent then causes an actual disconnect because of the latency and the insane amount of data to send over the network. No thanks.

Idea is interesting, your implementation isn't.
    The problem is, some people play with custom UI's, and the game may not read their abilities on hotbars, which could mean if you play with no addons, and are swapped onto someone with custom everything, you may not even have skills to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Alesthes View Post
    I'd rather have a boss that scans your harddrives and browsing history and mocks you for all the gay p0rn you've been watching.
    And force you to plug your keyboard and mouse to another usb port obviously, that would be so awesome

Just what we need, to be in the middle of a fight and find out the login server is down.

With the new info on the blind dragon raid boss in which you have to be quiet, Blizz seems to be getting at what your talking about OP.

appart from the disconects and the word of mass recall which are just plain retarded ideas to have in a boss fight for obvious reasons the rest of it i like. blizzards bosses have become a bit too mechanical lately something like this without the 2 spells listed above would be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParty View Post

Well actually over 100 is possible, if 100% is taken as regular speed you douche.
    How do you explain 310% speed flying mounts then Mr.Smart-ass?

But You can't take away more than 100%, as if 100% is regular speed 0% is totally stunned, I'll give you that.

No need to be such an ultra mega douche meanie about it though.
    A percent increase of something is not the same as a percent decrease of something. You can have any theoretical percent INCREASE of infinity, but physics won't allow more than a 100% decrease in anything. Hows that explanation for your smart ass comment? I wasn't being a douche, and you should increase your math skills and learn to troll better before calling someone out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxplod View Post
    I wasn't being a douche, and you should increase your math skills and learn to troll better before calling someone out.
    I was not calling out your maths if you learn to read I say:
    But You can't take away more than 100%, as if 100% is regular speed 0% is totally stunned, I'll give you that.

I was calling you out on being a prat in general and replying in such an aggressive manner to the other guy that suggested minus 500% speed decrease.
    The way you responded was as if you were telling him off for personally insulting you.
    It was just a simple maths error there was no need to be so aggressive.

Deleted
    take your keyboard and mouse USB plugs out and plug them into different ports 8)

"Deep Freeze - Freezes the players account for 8 hours"