10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation 4.0.1 class specific quests removal.

Ok, so today I logged and told myself that I would do every class specific quests before 4.0.3 for the characters I had at 80. Well of course I decided to do this because I love to get novelty items, as 10% of the whole wow community (Average number taken out of my butt, but I'm pretty sure it's around that percentage if you include RP servers).

Well, I really, really got disappoint. 1st of all, they removed ALL of them. I know it was coming, but ain't it was plan for 4.0.3? Why removing it on 4.0.1 when the old world is still there and that only talents changed? Beside this, what is the reason behind this change?

Those items were mainly used for novelty and not really used for leveling because it was taking huge time to gather and most of the time dungeons gave better. But it also made you feel unique, different from the other classes at least while leveling. I remember doing [Whirlwind Weapon] on my warrior at level 45 and it was damn hard but still damn epic, or [The Test of Righteousness] on my pally for the epic mace that I finally got at level 40 on my 1st character xD. Or even [Anathema]/[Benediction]. But now all of this is gone and with it, I think a part of myself too.

So I'm asking you now; Old new world ain't released yet so why the removal of such epic quests? Just why?

Foot Note: I tried to get those quests today. You can't anymore (On alts indeed... I know we can't do both the same quest on one toon, I'm not dumb yet xD).
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can say is, I'm pretty happy I don't have to level my Draenei Shaman on their starting island. I can now safely move him to SW and level there without having to worry about going back to do the totem quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zerozenx View Post
    All I can say is, I'm pretty happy I don't have to level my Draenei Shaman on their starting island. I can now safely move him to SW and level there without having to worry about going back to do the totem quests.
    Well you're removing what made your class unique. Now it just mean that any mage or warlock is the same as your class. Pretty dumb idea imo.
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Well you're removing what made your class unique. Now it just mean that any mage or warlock is the same as your class. Pretty dumb idea imo.
    Quests don't make the class, the class makes the class. Quests are just a means to an end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Quests don't make the class, the class makes the class. Quests are just a means to an end.
    Well they pretty much removed anything unique from classes now. Without quests, abilities, buffs and DPS differences... I mean everything is the same now. Leveling a mage or a shaman, where's the difference now?
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostbolt vs Frost Shock?

Pretty sad with the class specific quest removals.. Should have made them less traveling arround and just keep them ingame.

Class spesific quest will be back in cata, so don't worry!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakasu View Post
    Class spesific quest will be back in cata, so don't worry!
    Originally Posted by Nethaera (Blue Tracker)
    Azeroth is on the eve of a dramatic transformation, and as World of Warcraft changes, sometimes the old must go to make way for the new. Since the world elements that support them will be gone, many aging quests will exist only in the mists of the past.

In particular, there's been some confusion regarding lower-level class specific quests that can no longer be completed. Never fear: class mounts and abilities remain available via class trainers, even though the quests associated with them are no longer available. Also, there are several low and mid-level weapons, trinkets and robes that were once awarded via class specific quests which are no longer available and their associated quests have been removed.

We are looking forward to offering new quests, quest lines and rewards as players level through World of Warcraft: Cataclysm instead. For example, we plan a level 20 dungeon based quest which will offer weapon rewards appropriate to all classes. There will also be a similar level 50 dungeon quest which has a headpiece reward.

Finally, if your Blood Elf paladin missed out on the Blood Knight Tabard, then you should still be able to acquire one via a race specific version of the level 50 dungeon quest. Those of you hoping to pick up a Rhok’delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers might be happy to know that the issues which were preventing the completion of this quest should now be resolved. It’s a good idea to keep in mind that even though this item is related to a level 60 quest line, that only level 80 characters will be eligible to acquire the necessary materials from the Onyxia’s Lair encounter. The good news for level 60 characters is that Nefarian has finally decided to grow some Mature Black Dragon Sinew, so interested players can complete the quest by picking that item up from him in Blackwing Lair.
    We're obviously playing a different game, are we? Not only they are removing the class specific quests we had before 4.0.1, but now they say they'll homogenate the new class specific quests!
    Google Diversity Memo

10+ Year Old Account
    I like class quests, but they kinda conflict with the whole soloable and streamlined nature of questing nowadays.

It was to happen eventually.

R.I.P. Class Quests
    2004-2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.