Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZOZOGOK View Post
    It´s a trial.
    Which does not invalidate his point. "The first one is *always* free".

Boubouille could you post a link to the free stream aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    You can't be serious, BlizzCon is profitable, or else Activision would shut it down. They are a public corporation and if the board of directors do not see a positive cashflow from an activity they will force the CEO to get rid of the cost center.

At 30,000 * $140 that's over $4 million dollars and they do not have to pay additional for any staff because they use Blizzard employees. All the equipment is rented and their major costs are renting the building, hiring Jay Mohr & Tenacious D, and paying contest prizes. Like it or not, Activision gets money from BlizzCon.
    No, it's not directly profitable. Companies do things that are not directly profitable all the time. It's called marketing. I used to work for SGI. We did 20-30 large computer shows a year. We *paid* for a spot on the floor, *paid* for all of our booth gear, *paid* for employees to go, and *paid* for the swag we gave out. Our direct income was $0 per show. Net losses were in the low millions (per year, not per show). We still still did it every year and were thankful for the chance. It's a great way to get out and connect with the people who buy your stuff. Blizzard probably losses a few million buck on BlizzCon every year. They still do it and it makes them more than they lose in the long run.

Deleted
    Thanks for the awesome timetable conversion, that will come in handy tonight watching the livestream

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Thanks for the awesome timetable conversion, that will come in handy tonight watching the livestream
    Be sure to join the BlizzCon chat to chat with other streamers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dkiller21 View Post
    why does the virtual key only give us the pet when we paid just as much for it
    ya was thinking the same.. I cant go to where it is held, coz i live en Danmark.. im still paying..

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Yeah, wow is running like crap. Bugs are crippling the game. Yet guess what, blizzcon is great.

This company is so messed up.
    Really? Aside from not being able to inspect people I have had no problems since 4.0.1. I'm guessing you're a wrath baby since anyone who's been in the game longer than that knows that this has been the smoothest pre-expansion patch this game has ever seen.

Cheers to Dinnerbone and Vjeux for a fantastic job on the schedule countdown.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzinjoe View Post
    Really? Aside from not being able to inspect people I have had no problems since 4.0.1. I'm guessing you're a wrath baby since anyone who's been in the game longer than that knows that this has been the smoothest pre-expansion patch this game has ever seen.
    We were just talking about how smooth the pre-Wrath patch was in guild the other night. We were raiding and clearing content the night it was released. The night of 4.0 we were the only guild on the server with the balls to raid, but ran into boss bugs on 4 bosses, not to mention the plethora of other bugs and issues we were having. I don't feel 4.0 was any smoother than 3.0, but I'm perfectly fine with that considering the COMPLETE overhaul to basically every system, world, quest, and UI feature in the game.

awesome. i get off work just in time for the song/costume/dance contests!
    altho i gotta say, i don't think anybodies gonna be as good as that UD chick from... 08 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    No, it's not directly profitable. Companies do things that are not directly profitable all the time. It's called marketing. I used to work for SGI. We did 20-30 large computer shows a year. We *paid* for a spot on the floor, *paid* for all of our booth gear, *paid* for employees to go, and *paid* for the swag we gave out. Our direct income was $0 per show. Net losses were in the low millions (per year, not per show). We still still did it every year and were thankful for the chance. It's a great way to get out and connect with the people who buy your stuff. Blizzard probably losses a few million buck on BlizzCon every year. They still do it and it makes them more than they lose in the long run.
    BlizzCon makes a profit. If it didn't make a profit or result in an measurable increase in sales - it simply would not happen. Only an irresponsible corporation would waste the shareholder's money in a profitless venture with no chance at return on investment. I'm sorry, I know it sounds cutthroat, but that's how public corporations work. You don't get to do stuff for fun, it's only about maximizing profit and minimizing cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Awesome automatic time-conversion! big thanx for that!
    this

I heard theres a promotion for the WoW Magazine that gives an in-game item. Anyone know if its true? I think its on the back of the WoW magazine poster/paper in the goodie bag.

BlizzCon turns a profit but not because of ticket sales or merchandise, but rather exposure and publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    Why is this news exactly?
    Yea, good question, why is the timetable for a convention that focuses on WoW, news on a site that focuses on news for WoW? Oh wait ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm not at Blizzcon, these hands are very american but I'm sure he'll appreciate the comment.
    Boubouille are you busy Protesting?
    "I hate to break it to you, but WoW is more than a minigame played in the same 3 rooms over and over."

is the schedule right doesnt it start in 30 minutes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yqcooli View Post
    Boubouille are you busy Protesting?
    Boub doesn't go out. Only maybe when he runs naked around Paris.

The stream is down. Typical Blizzard.

Yep, stream not working, And i paid 39.95$ for nothing, Bam.

Well, you still can download the VOD afterwards. But it won't be the same, and definitely not worth 40 bucks.