Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question A Nasty AV pattern the past day or so

So as the title suggests, I've been noticing a pattern.
    Alliance have been losing every insta-queue AV I've been in the past day. I've been doing a pretty fair amount of AVs and each of them have a. started with like 40 horde and maybe 10-20 Alliance, some battles ending up with it being 38 v. 42, a strange thing since it is supposed to be 40 v. 40.... Now I don't give too much care for this whole 38 v. 42 as that's minuscule but I am wondering if this is a known bug or if this whole Alliance losing is game-wide, because Ruin battlegroup is having Horde domination like no other.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the trend I have noticed for my AV's, is that the horde always camp out with Galv, resulting in turtles. Literally, every game after the patch has been like that.

Been noticing an unusual amount of Alliance losing across the board since the patch honestly. And the Horde having extra players on their team has been happening a lot. Idk if it happens for Alliance though, as Alliance is normally under the limit in each BG 90% of the time anyway, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I guess forced HK farms are nice, but it's just bugging me how since Alliance aren't starting with 40 as Blizzard coded WoW to do, I get insta-queues left and right for AV and never seem to get into a brand new game, it is always games where Horde have already torn the map apart.
    "A flower.

I'm sure its part of the new system to fill the groups similarly, thus a bug to give one vastly more than the other.

I've noticed a few AB's where its 20horde to 10 ally, which has gotta be a bug.
    Also in low level WST I've had a couple 8-12 and 6-14 games and in such small numbers even one additional person can be the difference between winning and losing.

They probably also meant for some sort of tenacity buff to exist in such great discrepancies, which isn't happening either. Meh.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Before 4.0.1 the Horde on Bloodlust have been losing WSG and AV all the time, the rest we've beaten them at, but now 4.0.1's come out and we're beating them in EVERY battleground.

this happens for alliance bloodlust too, av starts off with 10vs40 for the first few minutes, which is game breaking, then slowly fills to 40, very hard to win av.
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Quote Originally Posted by Sedryn View Post
    Well the trend I have noticed for my AV's, is that the horde always camp out with Galv, resulting in turtles. Literally, every game after the patch has been like that.
    Defend Galv, wipe first wave of Alliance; attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if Blizzard has recognized this problem yet anywhere?
    "A flower.

Well, if you're lacking players, it might just be people not accepting the queue, but the part where the other side gets more than the max amount of players HAS to be a bug. There's no question about it.

I wish the Horde domination was in my Battlegroup, since Alliance wins more there. Oh well.

EDIT: Reading more replies, it definitely seems like Alliance are getting less people at the start. Does this happen in a specific region, or just US/EU?

I can say this has only happened to me once and it's been in WSG, but it was 10 vs 12... :S

I wasn't even shown on the scoreboard either.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Well, if you're lacking players, it might just be people not accepting the queue, but the part where the other side gets more than the max amount of players HAS to be a bug. There's no question about it.

I wish the Horde domination was in my Battlegroup, since Alliance wins more there. Oh well.
    What battlegroup?

Quote Originally Posted by Kharismal Abyss View Post
    Before 4.0.1 the Horde on Bloodlust have been losing WSG and AV all the time, the rest we've beaten them at, but now 4.0.1's come out and we're beating them in EVERY battleground.
    lol rly? ive always found that alliance rush, wipe (they dont believe in capping gys) and turtle, meanwhile horde kill balinda, and alliance slowly lose from there
    "Bring the player, not the shaman"
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGuardian View Post
    When Blizzard get that dollar sign look in their eyes... anything is possible.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/omybad/

Quote Originally Posted by styks View Post
    lol rly? ive always found that alliance rush, wipe (they dont believe in capping gys) and turtle, meanwhile horde kill balinda, and alliance slowly loose from there
    Haha, depends really. The same strategy happens in almost every game for me; Defend Galvangar, wipe 1st wave, attack.

We don't cap Snowfall, and on the odd occasion when we lose our 2 back towers, we're screwed because either no one knows or no one cares, going solo is a bit out of the picture for me too. xD

The first time I've ever rushed in AV, we killed Balinda but that was months ago and we haven't done that since... I guess my team members are learning. xD

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So that's what's been happening? I noticed BGs seeming like one team had way more than the other and not being on the scoreboards but I really didn't think anything of it. But it seems to be happening on both sides in my battlegroup, got into an AB with 30 alliance and 20 horde. We still won because they sucked, but still.

in WW Battlegroup, the reinforcement bg's (AV n IoC) always end up in a tug o war. Been a while since Field of Strife has been put to good use.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of those games that I got into late, people said the game started with about 10 Alliance v. 40 Horde... you don't have 30 Alliance not take the queue.
    "A flower.

The way the battles go in my battlegroup also annoys me for some random reason so I over generalise and assume it is a worldwide issue that applies in every battlegroup!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed this in an Isle of Conquest match. 41 Alliance to 39 Horde. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    The way the battles go in my battlegroup also annoys me for some random reason so I over generalise and assume it is a worldwide issue that applies in every battlegroup!
    Nice troll attempt, but I specifically made people aware in my first post that I was asking if others in other battlegroups were experiencing this and how it went. I don't generalize about WoW as I know how different things can be for people, but I was just noticing that the *ENTIRE* day has been un-changing.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 07:16 AM ----------

For those that are very up-tight and don't understand English and human behavior well, I am not Q.Qing, I love HK fests. I am just trying to find out what is going on here and if it is just Ruin or if any other battlegroups are having this issue, which it seems they are! So I am not in the wrong, you may stop trolling.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    some battles ending up with it being 38 v. 42, a strange thing since it is supposed to be 40 v. 40....
    Had the same thing happen today in Vindication-US today, threw up a post on the WoW bug forum with a screenshot in the hopes that somewhere, someone will realize there's an issue.

As to alliance losing all the time? It seems more than just a generalization but a widespread plague that alliance have little clue as to the concept of defense or strategy (leaving nodes totally undefended in AB, desperately trying to win the middle in EotS to get the flag when we have no bases, focusing on a dps while a healer sits unscathed laughing and throwing out heals, so forth). I, for one, can hardly wait for rated BG's and doing them as guild runs.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic