Thread: Warlocks!

Warlocks!

at 4.0.1 launch i hated my lock. no dispel, netherprotection change etc. etc.
    Now i l2play again and im liking it again but some other classes seemed to get weaker (well i play lock so i already facerolled most classes (yes i admit we are powerfull)) im talking about rogues and dk's i can rape easy now. i dont know what happend to spellpower aswell but i have 3850 spellpower with 550 haste and 550 mastery and i constant have 5250 spellpower (due to procs) wich crits up to 24k. COE, bane of doom, corr, immo, with felpuppy + doomguard + insta soulfires = Zomfg dps. yesterday i did some testing with bane of doom. i got a 15k crit tick (omg 15k off a dot.) well its all dispellable but if u get pressure on Heals>dispells i guess. Why i say this all is that i think locks gonna be fun at 85. What setups u guys think that gonna work out really nice??

2s,
    resto shaman + lock (gonna be really powerfull due to magic and curse dispells x2 _
    with a drood ofc
    pala
    mage
    rogue

3s
    all the wizzcleaves again but also warriors and dk's

What do u guys think and why do u think what u think <3

let me know

Greetz

You do have a dispel (Singe I believe it's called. And it's an Imp ability). You get either CS or magic dispel, not both. Dispels at 85 are going to be mana costly (healers are actually going to have to think about using them! hooray!). Nether protection was OP, I'm glad it's changed. You get nether ward to compensate (which is kind of silly considering mages get the gibbed version). Also before doing your lolburst, generally you land a fear to get the momentum rolling so that your crap won't get dispelled (protip btw, I stole it from Snutz's mind).

Edit: Viable comps come Cata

2v2
    Priest+Lock since it seems they love drain still.

3v3
    It's hard to tell, Wizards aren't as powerful in the beginning of expansions. Generally a healer+caster+melee trump. I think they'll do well with rogues and a droood healer.
    Last edited by Hole; 2010-10-22 at 09:17 AM.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

I would have to say enjoy it while it lasts. It's like playing a lvl. 58 DK in BG's. They are extremely powerful for their level. However, when people get to lvl. cap things to even out somewhat. 80 is no longer the lvl. cap and things will become "balanced" at 85.