Healers boned AGAIN for honor.

I don't get it!

Blizzard openly acknowledged this issue before and fixed it.

Healers are winding up with 1/2 as much honor as DPS. The only thing that seems to matter are killing blows, followed by HK's.

I've finished BG after BG after BG in the #1 healing slot and I still wind up dead last for honor - sometimes LESS than 1/2 of the top DPS.

With all the complaints about people not healing in BGs, how do they allow this BS to go live? I honestly don't get it.

We're getting punished for doing our role. AGAIN.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be patient. If it is a problem, it will be fixed. It isn't something that can be hotfixed because of shockadins, Smite Priests, etc.

I see some solutions to the problem, but each one has it own problems:

Solution #1:
    Offer players a small amount of honor for healing other players, but in that case the gains shold be heavily restricted, taking these rules as example:
    -Only for players in a healing spec, it would be imbalanced to give DPS specs of classes that can heal an extra honor source.
    -Only direct heals to another players, selfhealing does not count (For obvious reason).
    -Only one honor gain per heal, because area heals would be over.
    -The basic amount of honor per healing would be small, plus a bonus if the player was at 50% hp or lower, to reward only the useful heals. For the same reason, overhealing do not count.

Pros: Healers gain honor for doing their work.
    Cons: Easy to exploit. Absoption effect are hard to deal with.

Solution #2:
    Place a role check when joining a BG, healer and DPS. Healers receive reduced/zero honor from HKs and an bonus honor for completing the BG objetives.

Pros: This way you could ensure there is healer in a team, and they would be rewarded for their efforts.
    Cons: Players with the ability to do several roles would feel limited/unrewarded.

Solution #3:
    Reduce/place a cap in honor gains from HKs in BGs, and increase the honor gains for completing the BG objetives, for everyone.

Pros: Rewards teamwork, and punishes selfish playstyles.
    Cons: The QQ would be epic.

Deleted
    It's deserved. Healers have a way bigger uptime in a bg than a dps. A dps usually has a lifespan of 5-10 minutes depending on class and spec. A healer, especially in 4.0, more or less never dies, depending in class. A holy pala really NEVER dies.

So healers have a way bigger window of collecting honor than a dps who spends a lot of time at the gy.

It's very frustrating to see myself doing 1.5 mil healing done on average in BGs and ending up with only 50-70% of the honor that the top dps has.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    this only seems to happen in bgs that dont end up in horde camping alliance at graveyard

Deleted
    1 Honor Per 100% Health Healed, Would be quite resonable, and it dosnt work if target is at full health, so 100% of the current targets health, in real health .

10+ Year Old Account
    just make it like the warhammer system with healers getting the most renown :P that wpuld encourage people to heal aswell :P

Deleted
    And yet people wonder why there are barely any healers in BGs... Well I myself hate dpsing in BGs as both spriest and hunter so I go disco anyways, less honour or not :P.

Would be lovely if they fixed this, problem is that all of those described things like honour per topped health to 100% are easily exploitable. Would be nice if they came up with something though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashik View Post
    1 Honor Per 100% Health Healed, Would be quite resonable, and it dosnt work if target is at full health, so 100% of the current targets health, in real health .
    so spamming AoE heals in a big AV mob vs AV mob is thousands of honor per game? great plan!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Huh? As a healer in BGs, I often get the most honor. There's some kind of confusion here, so let me go through the ways you earn honor.

1) Objectives such as capturing the WSG flag, every so many points in point BGs, destroying towers in AV and holding resource nodes in IoC will provide honor to everybody in the battleground, reguardless of location and activity.

2) Any player in range of an enemy who is killed will gain honor for that kill split among the people in range in the party of the player. In the case of BGs, everyone is in the raid.

3) If you are dead, you do not get honor for kills no matter how much you helped kill somebody. I supposed because healers are often targeted and thus, die first that this may be the problem you're having.

4) Winning and losing provide honor. Quing a random BG the first time provides more honor than subsequent times and is factored in on the score screen.

5) Fighting near an objective your team owns doubles your honor gain from HKs reguardless of the proximity the HK is to you and the objective. In other words, sitting at blacksmith defense in AB and standing in the right spot will get you HKs from BS, LM and Stables. This is why people AFK here often.

The issue that was acknowledged and fixed before was that healers were not getting as much honor when BGs did not automatically put you in group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fushio View Post
    I see some solutions to the problem, but each one has it own problems:

Solution #1:
    Offer players a small amount of honor for healing other players, but in that case the gains shold be heavily restricted, taking these rules as example:
    -Only for players in a healing spec, it would be imbalanced to give DPS specs of classes that can heal an extra honor source.
    -Only direct heals to another players, selfhealing does not count (For obvious reason).
    -Only one honor gain per heal, because area heals would be over.
    -The basic amount of honor per healing would be small, plus a bonus if the player was at 50% hp or lower, to reward only the useful heals. For the same reason, overhealing do not count.

Pros: Healers gain honor for doing their work.
    Cons: Easy to exploit. Absoption effect are hard to deal with.

Solution #2:
    Place a role check when joining a BG, healer and DPS. Healers receive reduced/zero honor from HKs and an bonus honor for completing the BG objetives.

Pros: This way you could ensure there is healer in a team, and they would be rewarded for their efforts.
    Cons: Players with the ability to do several roles would feel limited/unrewarded.

Solution #3:
    Reduce/place a cap in honor gains from HKs in BGs, and increase the honor gains for completing the BG objetives, for everyone.

Pros: Rewards teamwork, and punishes selfish playstyles.
    Cons: The QQ would be epic.
    To preface, I think that healer rewards are low because there are some pure DPS classes that often appear to get top healing in a BG. DK's have self heals. Hunters and Warlocks heal pets. I think Warlock heal themselves too (but I'm not sure) because they often top the BG charts in heals. This is why Blizz does not currently base honor from damage or heals.

I love the role check from Solution 2. I really think that there should be a minimum of 20% healers or dps in any BG. I can't tell you how many times a single healer has determined the outcome of a WSG. However, I would change how the role check affects honor gains amungst roles.

DPS gets Honor from:
    - BG objectives.
    - damage dealt.
    - HK's that were near them when they died OR they did significant damage to the target before it died.

Healers get Honor from:
    - BG objectives.
    - healing dealt (overheals excluded).
    - damage absorbed.
    - HK's that were near them when they died.

Hybrid classes will have to choose a side upon which they will be judged. However, the new talent system already forces hybrid classes to choose a role anyways, so I don't thing that hybrid players can be very disappointed about this. I play a Shockadin in beta, but I still know that my DPS is still secondary to my healing. I'm more than OK with not having my damage accounted for when calculating honor. It ensures that I still do what I signed up to do.