Poll: Disc Priests, what spec are you using for raid?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    If Blizzard made Divine Aegis proc off every single of our heals then it would be a direct 30% healing increase. To be completely honest, if they made Divine Aegis a guaranteed Proc then it would have diversify the healing rotation for Discipline Priest more than nerfing PW: Shield to hell. For periods before a boss hits the raid with a giant raid wide damage, then Discipline Priests should use PW: Shield to cover the raid as much as possible. While the more null phases, Discipline Priests can cast Heal to actually Heal the tank while giving the tank a nice mitigation buff, which I do not understand why Holy Paladins were given that mechanic. To be honest Divine Aegis is already capped, so it's not like you can give tanks a 300000 shield at the beginning of the boss fight that makes the encounter trivial.

I just reviewed my logs since 4.0.1 and I average about 15% from Divine Aegis. On Shield spam fights like BQL or LK, it is lower, closer to 10%. On encounters where we do more direct healing like Princes it tends to be higher, that makes sense. The problem is that I also have about 40% crit which procs DA pretty reliably. I don't think entry level 85 disc priests will have nearly that much crit but I would like to know what they do have. Unfortunately, disc priests have to stack three stats to be effective; crit, haste and mastery.

To balance disc priests around Divine Aegis (something we only get a chance of by direct healing) but making all of our healing bonuses tied PW: Shield is a huge conflict.

Aliahna, you're also using level 80 crit values. You won't be critting that much at 85 for at least another year and a half after release. DA on Beta is a significantly smaller portion of healing than at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Aliahna, you're also using level 80 crit values. You won't be critting that much at 85 for at least another year and a half after release. DA on Beta is a significantly smaller portion of healing than at 80.
    Oh I know Harky, that was my point. We are balanced around stats that we won't have at the beginning of level 85 raiding. I'm reviewing several logs from Beta right now and it appears for pretty well geared priests their crit rate is about 17-20% fully 25 man raid buffed.

A fresh priest premade (full heroic gear) enchanted and gemmed (haven't reforged yet) for int is running with 15% chance to crit. 1184 rating (6.60%).