Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Don't worry, by all reports, mages are gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel at 85.

We may be "OP" right now, but it doesn't matter. Find a different game to play. There's better PvP games out there, for sure. There always have been, and there always will continue to be.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anowyn View Post
    Seriously, haha. They're crazy. It starts to get a little better with each bracket you go up, but they're still pretty hard core in the 30-39 bracket. I think it will start to level off a bit in the 40 - 49 bracket and probably quite a bit by the 50 - 59 bracket. 10 - 19 is the worst by far.
    Yeah, I do agree THAT needs to be fixed, if only because it lasts multiple brackets. However, classes aren't balanced below the level cap. For example, when they balanced out mages in live (which, frankly, weren't overpowered like some people said they are, I haven't seen any proof that mages can "one-shot" anyone yet) they ended up horribly nerfed at lvl 85. Yes, it would be nice if they had 2 sets of numbers, one for 1-80 and another for 81-85, which I think they said they were going to do. Hopefully, blizz can do the same w/ Shadowstep so that it doesn't slaughter in the lower brackets, but doesn't suck in the higher ones.
    NOW THEN, QQ-ERS, TROLLS AND MORONS, PEOPLE WITH BRAINS, ENTERTAIN ME WITH YOUR FLAMEWARS!

(Property of Andok's Gnome-Torturing Emporium)

Quote Originally Posted by theeverdead View Post
    Everything is unbalanced right now and will not be right for a while mages have been getting nerfed but it needs to be balanced for 85 because that's where we will be in 2 months. Also pvp is not to be balanced for 1 vs 1 anyway.
    Sounds almost identical to what they said about retribution paladins pre-WotLK, and they were completely unbalanced for half of that expansion. Good time to be a mage.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Andok View Post
    Yeah, I do agree THAT needs to be fixed, if only because it lasts multiple brackets. However, classes aren't balanced below the level cap. For example, when they balanced out mages in live (which, frankly, weren't overpowered like some people said they are, I haven't seen any proof that mages can "one-shot" anyone yet) they ended up horribly nerfed at lvl 85. Yes, it would be nice if they had 2 sets of numbers, one for 1-80 and another for 81-85, which I think they said they were going to do. Hopefully, blizz can do the same w/ Shadowstep so that it doesn't slaughter in the lower brackets, but doesn't suck in the higher ones.
    Fire was RETARDED op when 4.0.1 hit. You must not have seen well geared Fire mages because the things I saw them do to other players was laughable in its absurdity. Not only did Ghostcrawler admit Mages were overpowered, but he specifically pointed out that Fire Mages were far too overpowered.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    Fire was RETARDED op when 4.0.1 hit. You must not have seen well geared Fire mages because the things I saw them do to other players was laughable in its absurdity. Not only did Ghostcrawler admit Mages were overpowered, but he specifically pointed out that Fire Mages were far too overpowered.
    Yes, and guess what happened when they nerfed them? They ended up sucking HORRIBLY at lvl 85. GC said they're making 2 sets of numbers for them. I agree that they are doing higher damage than the others, possibly because of the loss of ArP for melee classes, but what you implied in the original post was that they have always been overpowered, and that they shouldn't have an interrupt. You are also saying that blink should have a 1 min CD. This gives me the (correct) assumption that you are QQ-ing about the class in general, instead of the numbers bug that came w/ the patch. I have no doubt that all caster damage will be balanced, but I don't see why you're picking on mages like that. Speaking of what Ghostcrawler said, he also admitted that their nerfs to the mage class caused their damage to drop lower than tank damage, and that they were horribly underpowered. Also, have you seen the laughable things SS rogues are doing to other people in the lower brackets?
    NOW THEN, QQ-ERS, TROLLS AND MORONS, PEOPLE WITH BRAINS, ENTERTAIN ME WITH YOUR FLAMEWARS!

Deleted
    Mages are glass cannons, what do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Andok View Post
    Yes, and guess what happened when they nerfed them? They ended up sucking HORRIBLY at lvl 85. GC said they're making 2 sets of numbers for them. I agree that they are doing higher damage than the others, possibly because of the loss of ArP for melee classes, but what you implied in the original post was that they have always been overpowered, and that they shouldn't have an interrupt. You are also saying that blink should have a 1 min CD. This gives me the (correct) assumption that you are QQ-ing about the class in general, instead of the numbers bug that came w/ the patch. I have no doubt that all caster damage will be balanced, but I don't see why you're picking on mages like that. Speaking of what Ghostcrawler said, he also admitted that their nerfs to the mage class caused their damage to drop lower than tank damage, and that they were horribly underpowered. Also, have you seen the laughable things SS rogues are doing to other people in the lower brackets?
    Like I said, too much dps, too much utility, too much survivability. Frost Mages especially. I have seen Frost Mages survive atacks that no other class besides a Resto Druid could.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, too much dps, too much utility, too much survivability. Frost Mages especially. I have seen Frost Mages survive atacks that no other class besides a Resto Druid could.
    And like I said, too much QQ, and not enough proof. Give me examples of these things you are saying, and I will reply w/ either another ability another class has, or something else. Also, what kind of attacks can frost mages survive, because i've seen disc priests, rogues (cheat death), and warlocks survive attacks that I couldn't. Oh, and isn't there a reason why frost isn't a raid-viable spec? (Erhm...low...dps...)

15+ Year Old Account
    Im not talking about just now, post 4.0.1, I'm talking all the time. Frost should not get a 15 sec blink, it should be 1 min; and they shouldn't get counterspell.

And ya Fire is retarded right now, but moving Scorch? Really?
    I cannot find the appropriate letters on my American keyboard to put into words the sound that the laughter which spewed from my mouth created after reading this post. Thank you, through your ignorance you have brightened my day while at the same time killing my faith in humanity. Thank you kind sir/madam.

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shögon View Post
    why the hell should we put up with classes being optimised for something that isn't released yet, but wait till cata is released, its not balanced till 85 - bugger off!

just enjoy being either OP or sitting ducks, freaken joke blizz pulls this crap imo
    First expansion patch you're experiencing I take it.
    BfA Beta Time

bahahaha.
    think back to the last 2 expansion were mages continously got stomped on by glitchy patches and overpowered classes.

seriously, get over it...

Of any class in the history of World of Warcraft, Protection Paladins are in the most desperate need of nerfs.
    They have far too many utility, with far too much dps and far too much survivability.

They are worse than Mages are

And yes, I'm serious about it (getting critted for 15k 2 times in a row by a Protadin while in PvP gear is not fun).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Of any class in the history of World of Warcraft, <insert class here> are in the most desperate need of nerfs.
    They have far too much dps, with far too much utility and far too much survivability. They are worse than <insert previously OP class here> ever were.
    <insert class here> must be nerfed to the ground, so that the class is so useless that it cannot even take on another class 5 levels below them without getting stomped to the ground. Everyone playing <insert class here> is a low-life, 6 year-old scrub that has no skills. I am saying this because I am far too stupid to read the blue posts stating the problems with the pre-expansion patch, and I want to QQ loudly because <insert class that QQ-er plays> cannot defeat a <insert class that you are QQ-ing about>. Anyone who disagrees with me has no brains. /THREAD!!11derp"

Seriously, guys, this is nothing new. I admit that mage dps (at least in arcane and fire) is abit buggy now at lvl 80, but the class is being balanced around lvl 85, and it's dps is FINE there. Seriously. I bet that everyone heard this pre-Wrath about ret pallies & DKs, and pre-TBC about SS rogues and demo locks. I'll say it again: 1. This is the PRE-XPAC patch, everything's buggy. 2. All classes are balanced around level 85 combat, and not around 1v1.
    Last edited by Andok; 2010-10-22 at 09:12 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    mages have been nerfed every other class i think this change is just fine :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    More like iron cannons if you're talking about frost.

Another one of these threads.

Cry more please, the spawn born of my decayed flesh feeds from your tears then hits you with an Arcane Blast even your grandchildren will feel.
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 characters: l2p

or,

4: gtfo.

PS: Don't interrupt us with QQ threads, while Blizzcon is going on. Thanks.

Of any class in the history of World of Warcraft, paladins are in the most desperate need of nerfs.
    They have far too many utility, with far too much dps and far too much survivability.

They are worse than Frost Mage ever was.

to mods: I did not see the "[InsertClassHere] still OP" thread. Sorry for the double post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Glass cannons that happen to be able to blink out of stun, iceblock out of everything (including silence which is ridiculous), snare you up for a good period of time and nuke the fuck out of you while at it. So glass.

credits: Supernerd

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Glass cannons that happen to be able to blink out of stun, iceblock out of everything (including silence which is ridiculous), snare you up for a good period of time and nuke the fuck out of you while at it. So glass.

If mages couldn't blink out of stuns the class would fail. Thus we have been able to blink out of stuns since CLASSIC.

Iceblock is on a 5 minute cooldown. Be smart and silence the frost tree and a mage cannot iceblock anyway.

You may want to get better at pvp because everything you mentioned is perfectly balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only glassy thing about mages is the transparent ice that makes them invulnerable!

Edit - Diamond cannons ftw.
    "The truth, my goal."