Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    ^^^doesn't understand what irony is.
    No I do, just fucking around is all.

I quit in July during the RealID dust up and these updates just confirm I made the right decision.

I played the game 4 years straight and this just sums it up (as given by a previous poster):

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1...7780184632.jpg

These dungeons are joke. If you want to have a quick game, load up Team Fortress or your favorite shooter. Chopping 2 levels out of ST? It wasn't that hard! Just have everyone stand at the stone and click it. You might have to double back on like 2 if you get the order wrong, but it is not hard! Not only are the dungeons getting shorter, you just have to visit them once and then you can magically teleport to them from anywhere in the world. The amount of lazyness from the developers is just getting out of control.

The point of a dungeon is to explore and to get lost. I remember running around like crazy all over the place in Uldaman going up and down tunnels to get to the next part. Now it seems this is all gone...dungeons are a loot pinata: let's see how we can get to the end the fastest while skipping as much content as we can.

Ah well, it was a good 4 years!
    Last edited by neuropsycho; 2010-10-23 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neuropsycho View Post
    The amount of lazyness from the developers is just getting out of control.
    While I agree with a lot of what you've said, it has nothing to do with the perceived "laziness" of the developers. This is a common misconception unfortunately.

Catering to the masses doesn't equal laziness. Sure, you might disagree with their somewhat new philosophy on WoW, but if anything Blizzard is at the top for a reason and it's not because they're lazy. Ask most other games studios; they might hate what Blizzard produces but they have a lot of respect for them. If you worked on video games, you'd understand. You might have a different opinion, yeah, but you'd understand.

Laziness would mean the developers just doing whatever they see fit without constantly re-evaluating themselves, amongst other things.

I'm not defending them, but even if they're developing things in the wrong direction, which they may be, laziness really is the wrong term to use.

I do strongly agree with you and wish 5mans and other dungeons were more complex. Unfortunately the game is headed in a different direction.
    Last edited by tusker; 2010-10-23 at 01:13 AM.

for those wondering how big deathwing was, if you were to go from the main entrance of ogrimmar ( that being where you can see the bank from), to just shy of thralls throne room thats how big he was from head to tail. I would say he was very close to being twice as big as alexstraza (go to the wrathgate to get an idea of how big that is)

More... dumbing... down... UGH, i was waiting so much for this expansion! I thought they will return to the old skool ways, but this...
    This is retarded. I'm glad I stopped subbing in Februray! They don't deserve my money anymore.

I'm going to go buy COD Black OPS and Fallout New Vegas instead! Fuck this shit!
    Maybe even try out FFXIV.

Edit: Seriously... you are in a dungeon for the XP, the more things you get to kill, the more XP. Cutting off the stuff is retardedly contradicting.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2010-10-23 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Addition

screw Cata, SC2 DotA lets do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    More... dumbing... down... UGH, i was waiting so much for this expansion! I thought they will return to the old skool ways, but this...
    This is retarded. I'm glad I stopped subbing in Februray! They don't deserve my money anymore.

I'm going to go buy COD Black OPS and Fallout New Vegas instead! Fuck this shit!
    Maybe even try out FFXIV.

Edit: Seriously... you are in a dungeon for the XP, the more things you get to kill, the more XP. Cutting off the stuff is retardedly contradicting.
    im glad you quited aswell, now il be even more glad if you piss off from this forum aswell, thank you very much in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by tusker View Post
    While I agree with a lot of what you've said, it has nothing to do with the perceived "laziness" of the developers. This is a common misconception unfortunately.

Catering to the masses doesn't equal laziness. Sure, you might disagree with their somewhat new philosophy on WoW, but if anything Blizzard is at the top for a reason and it's not because they're lazy. Ask most other games studios; they might hate what Blizzard produces but they have a lot of respect for them. If you worked on video games, you'd understand. You might have a different opinion, yeah, but you'd understand.

Laziness would mean the developers just doing whatever they see fit without constantly re-evaluating themselves, amongst other things.
    Yups in some cases it is more work for the devs because now they have to implement new systems to cater to the lazy and make two versions of a raid and tune them both to cater to the people who just expect to whine and get what they want. Every time there is a new debate of casuals vs hardcore the generally accepted level of what a casual is gets brought down to newer lows because people want to make the devs turn the game into how they want to make the game and now how the devs want to make it.

And seriously why do people who want to play engaging content have to do a boring version of it first, just got get to the level they are and lose most of the new content feeling because they actually bother to apply themselves. Being held back by the QQ legion is not fun =/

blizzcon: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by jesy; 2010-10-23 at 02:23 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dota link is not working, best to just look at SC2mapsters frontpage with the other 2 maps. Really cool stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! ST was boring as all hell, seeing half of it get cut off was amazing! I mean it sure is fun to run up and down flights of stairs directly next to each other repeatedly only to have to do it again(and again every run!)!

Cutting Maraudon and Wailing caverns weren't necessary, but I'll enjoy never having to look at the map and still not get which floor I'm on again :P

The amount of polish being added is awesome, and I knew right when they started showing a lot of this we were going to have a lot of people whining on the forum.. "oh my god they made it so eeeasy for the casuals lawl, I'm glad I quit in (prior month) and don't hang around wow websites anymore... oh wait"

I didn't expect all the Blizzcon hate in general as it's been a pretty cool show, but people complain about EVERYTHING.

Cataclysm: Less game more shinnies!

I for one enjoyed Blizzcon. I mean did you see the guy who broke his LEG at the dance contest? Oh wait no you didn't because you were too busy arguing over what happened in the development panel. I'm sorry you missed out.

Also Jesse Cox won the machinima contest (He voiced over). Grats to him.

Deleted
    I like changes to old Vanilla instances..make them shorter, but keeping BRD the same but adding portals instead I like, it's kewl we'll get to keep the ol gigantus instance maximus

Just one thing...DO NOT TOUCH DIRE MAUL!! IT'S PERFECT!

Quote Originally Posted by Thessalor View Post
    I for one enjoyed Blizzcon. I mean did you see the guy who broke his LEG at the dance contest? Oh wait no you didn't because you were too busy arguing over what happened in the development panel. I'm sorry you missed out.

Also Jesse Cox won the machinima contest (He voiced over). Grats to him.
    Lol at the kid who broke his leg. :>

The first thing that came to my mind after seeing the new Demon Hunter class for D3 was this

Deleted
    Only 7 raid bosses in 4.1?

Kinda annoying that every second question is about legendaries (in the quest panel as well).
    Like "wasted" questions, should ask things like if we have to wait again 1 year between one raid and the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    Only 7 raid bosses in 4.1?
    Only 7 announced bosses. I don't believe they ever stated that what they previewed was the entire content of the patch. Of course it may be that it is all they have planned, but we won't know for sure until closer to the patch release. It's useless to speculate either way at the moment.

time shown in countdown depends on your current time zone i guess? if so, l33t