help balancing crit, haste, and mastery

with everything being reworked i need some help still balancing the three

i reforged my one spirit piece (heroic Lana'thels bloody nail) to mastery and 1 hit piece to mastery because i was over the cap of 17%.
    but now, i only have 9 mastery and i have seen mages with more mastery, meaning they reforged more. so my question is, what should my haste and crit be around?
    a majority of my gear is ICC 25 Heroic gear. my haste is currently 1031 with black magic on my weapon and my crit is 44% with molten armor up. can i afford to sacrifice some of those stats? here is my armory if it helps http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&cn=Rubixcube

---------- Post added 2010-10-22 at 11:11 PM ----------

*bump* for help please. thank you
    Last edited by Burlacher; 2010-10-22 at 11:26 PM.

for which spec? I see you are both frost and fire.

Fire doesn't really benefit much from mastery at this point and it is better to go with haste/crit (whatever the gear doesn't have), not sure about frost, but I believe it is to stack it after you are at 33% crit.

both specs, and do you mean stack mastery once you hit 33% crit or haste? i just feel like i should have more mastery at this time

33.3% crit for frost is the soft cap assuring you will 100% crit when you have FoF. so hit 33% crit in frost then stack mastery

/brofist
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    okay, i'm going to try a crazy new theory: i'm going to take my pants off and type this in the nude (shirts are for pussies in the first place). i will also type it slowly and in full capitalized letters so those with impaired vision can see it (though it will not be in caps, since i hold down the shift key HA).

Frost and fire gearing is like comparing apples to potatoes, pick one and run with it then we can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jontus View Post
    Frost and fire gearing is like comparing apples to potatoes, pick one and run with it then we can help.

What is this... I don't even...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelur View Post
    What is this... I don't even...
    It's not the shaman forum, that's for sure.

Want more detail, for fire haste&crit outweighs mastery hands down, unless you want to use glyphed FFB, but with the amount of mastery that we can attain, it's on par if not a bit worse than pure fire. For frost you want 33.34% crit due to the 3x crit chance of shatter, haste is nice but the bulk of your dmg coming from instant casts to targets considered frozen makes mastery far outweigh it.

Basically that dumbed down version is for the people that can't think for themselves.

ok got it ty very much. i know every is tuned for 85 so its a bit difficult, but its nice to know that there still is a "minimum" number. i might keep it a bit higher for fire though