Fallout: NV broken on consoles?

Seems this way, I got barely 2 hours into the game before it froze, then today I couldn't even load my saved game. I get an error message saying either the save location is unavailable, or the DLC I have (classic pack) is unavailable, and then crashes. Is anyone else having these problems?

I don't play on consoles, since they suck, and lo' behold!

But seriously why don't you play it on your PC?

It's an out-of-the-box HP, so I don't think it could handle another game with WoW and EVE already installed (I've already fried one video card).

Plus most of my friends are on XBL, and using a mouse for FPS games doesn't feel right. I'll eventually get it for the computer, just to try out the mods that people make for it.

EDIT - Now the game won't even start, my Xbox put a nice deep scratch along the bottom, so now it's completely broken.
    Last edited by Barana; 2010-10-23 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My brother has it on the Xbox and he's having the same problems. There's a patch coming out soon to fix it, I believe. I have it on the computer and they just patched some stuff so it runs smoother with no crashes and the save games actually work but there's still some serious bugs like characters and monsters getting stuck in stuff for no reason and whenever a human is in my crosshairs the game drops to 2 FPS.

Doesn't matter if it's on low settings or ultra as soon as a human moves in front of me, I get 2 FPS.

Don't worry, its broken on PC too. Thats what Obsidian do, they release brilliant games that don't work.
    (Apart from Alpha protocol, that sucked AND diden't work)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got a patch on the 360 version and while things lke framerate or model spazzes were downed a notch, some things seem out of place.

For instance, there was a mission I was on that required me to get a some guy to OD on Jet, but the box with his drugs is gone now. Worst part is the mission marker still points to where it was.

I haven't tried loading new characters, or anything like that, so it might just be me, but yeah, this game seems kinda unpolished especially compared to Fallout 3 on release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

its definitly unpolished in comparison to fallout 3.

however, im on pc, and im still having lots of fun with it.
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

I hope they hot-fix it, because the massive amount of bugs is keeping me from playing it.

Playing for about 4-6 hours on my 360, I can definately tell load times increase as well as random framerate slowdowns/stops (stops for about 4-5 seconds).

At first I thought it was my 360 overheating, but it's not.

Believe me, PC users are more boned then console owners.

You know that 5000 dollar system you have with a GEforce 470, with four processors, etc....

Yup. Fallout NV will run at about 2 frames per second when npcs are on screen..

on a 3 year old engine...

....yup

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post

You know that 5000 dollar system you have with a GEforce 470, with four processors, etc....

....yup
    overall MAYBE 1K I spent, and thats at first, been keeping the system up to date little bits at a time over time.

and i dont experience framerate issues when multiple people are on screen.

so...go fix your damn computer then spread false info ty
    To break it down even an even lower level, if The Rock looks at his hand, looks back at you, looks at his hand, and looks back at you again and you still don't know to move, you deserve the smack down.-mmo champion forum poster

This is exactly why i only buy the GOTY version of all Bethesda Games.
    Fallout GOTY had 0 bugs. Okay there was one where the priest got stuck in the church in Rivet city during the wedding.
    Didn't care much since it was an unmarked side-quest. Still i could have fixed it with console commands.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    This is exactly why i only buy the GOTY version of all Bethesda Games.
    Fallout GOTY had 0 bugs. Okay there was one where the priest got stuck in the church in Rivet city during the wedding.
    Didn't care much since it was an unmarked side-quest. Still i could have fixed it with console commands.
    overall its probably a good idea. I havent experienced that many bugs atm though. only bug ive had is 2. cant upgrade my weathered 10mm pistol without a graphical error, and i experienced a quicksave bug that caused me to lose 3 hours of gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allrightythen View Post
    overall its probably a good idea. I havent experienced that many bugs atm though. only bug ive had is 2. cant upgrade my weathered 10mm pistol without a graphical error, and i experienced a quicksave bug that caused me to lose 3 hours of gameplay.
    That first thing isn't really a bug, or at least not specifically.

The weapon is a unique weapon. You can't upgrade any of them normally, but sometimes the game glitches out if you try to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Been playing on the xbox 360, not a single bug yet. About 30 hours played.

Deleted
    lol consoles. goodluck with patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    That first thing isn't really a bug, or at least not specifically.

The weapon is a unique weapon. You can't upgrade any of them normally, but sometimes the game glitches out if you try to do so.
    such a stupid limitation imo. the only reason a unique weapon shouldnt be able to be modded is because it has the mod built in.

somewhat dissapointed with the modding, its not so much choices as grats you got it modded. and from what i cna tell you cant take mods off, which also doesnt make sense.

but, still having a blast with the game.

i finally got the armor thats on the cover, i use all rifles and a shotgun for closerange.

Dinnerbell-shotty

the all american- marskmen carbine

scout sniper-sniper rifle

This machine-unique rifle

might replace this machine though, since it shares ammo with my sniper.

10+ Year Old Account
    the classic pack is bugged as hell, i recommend you just uninstall the thing.

if you remove that you should have no save issues.

Crashes are very random, ive gone 40 hrs without a single one, then had 2 crashes within 1 hour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barana View Post
    and using a mouse for FPS games doesn't feel right.
    Using a mouse for FPS games is the ONLY valid option.

I don't care how many Halo or MW2 console gamers there are out there - you're doing it wrong and you know it, deep inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post

....yup
    I've paid like 600 (6 hundred) dollars in total for my machine, and I only have two processors. And my gameplay is smooth as eggs when there's plenty of people on screen.

15+ Year Old Account
    there are many bugs in F:NV, insect mobs often crawl into ground and become unattackable, framrate drops, freezes, etc. etc.

:| Perhaps it's time for Bethesda to realize the old Oblivion engine SUX BALLS and they should dump it and make a newer engine? :| also, their animation sux.

I give F:NV 5/10.

don't get me wrong thou, I finished the game and like the way Obsidian injected a little more mature content into F3, but they will never make a masterpiece like F1 and F2...and yeah F3 was quite overrated.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2010-11-04 at 10:08 AM.