Poll: Do you think WOW or gaming in general have affected your studies negative?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Please help with schoolproject.

Hello!
    Im currently doing a Statistical Investigation in my mathsclass in school.
    Would love if you could give me 10 seconds and answer this question:
    "Do you feel that WOW, or gaming in general, have affected your studies negative?"

Sorry for bad English thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Yes.
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be negatively?
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Wouldn't it be negatively?
    Yeah, English is not his first language, but hey, at least we get the message.

To answer your question, gaming has affected my studies in a negative way. I would have had the same ordeal if i had gone to actual sports, though.

Maybe it was just my general disinterest in school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the game in high school my grade were perfect but as I joined this game, my grades have been slipping due to playing too much or being busy (raiding) :P

The fact you need help for this answers your question young padawan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I would kill a old god.

I stopped WoW during my studies because of too much raiding (I.. need.. to.. sleep ). But I never put WoW above school in my priority list, and never ever had any problems at school while playing WoW. So I voted "no" :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I do not feel that my playing WoW has affected my schoolwork But I'm fairly casual except for the 5.6k acheivment points I have. I Have taken breaks from the game though- Didn't play most of september mainlt because I was waited for 4.01 and was beginning to find the game to be boring.

Nope, I never do much studying anyway, even without games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say, really.

I doubt WoW alone affects anyone negatively, since it's usually a culmination of things.

To answer the question: No, and I think anyone that believes it can and scrutinizes it for such is either delerious or witness to a rare case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

I would say Yes to gaming in general. In school I didn't really have my priorities in the correct order. Gaming just happened to be what I had access to.

So, once again, Yes to gaming in general. However, any other activity could have the same effect.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

I would say no, only if youre addicted then yes it would bother you.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

No, probably not for the most part. No more than anything else would anyways.

No it improved em was getting all a then parents stop lme playing and getting b's and c's. Yeah takes my mind off my life so yeah.......

If its affected someone, WoW or games in general are not the ones to blame

Yes, i'm pretty sure it has.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends, I'm still a minor so if my mum threatens to delete my character due to something I did then it puts me in a bad mood because WoW is 1/4 of my life lol.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Dunno Im a troll.

Uh no i get straight A's and i play wow a lot...here comes the trolls

Tough question. I think it does for me just because it can be a time sink and take up time I could be using to study. I really do not think it positively affects my studying in any way so I will have to go with Yes it does negatively affect studying.