Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The chick after the monk guy made me wana puke.

Quote Originally Posted by RikuKitty View Post
    Alexstrasza here. Firstly, remember cosplayers read comments such as these.
    Your costume looks really nice. I'd just eat a little more to help fill it out like the WoW models, get those curves going on, just don't eat so much like the others to look like a half-eaten beached whale. You got the costume talent, you got the looks, just get the curves next year. ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    Way I see it, at least some of the girls can match the in game females. I don't see a single guy there who is built anything like the in game males though (well, maybe some come close to the forsaken). Maybe it's us poor fellas who get the impossible ideal to live up to ...
    Women just have to eat less, while men have to train hard everyday in order to get some muscles.

Deleted
    This Alextrasza should be the winner, she's really better than that one you've posted at pic number 6:

img830.imageshack.us/img830/1987/alextrasza <---- add .jpg at the end and http etc at the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Your costume looks really nice. I'd just eat a little more to help fill it out like the WoW models, get those curves going on, just don't eat so much like the others to look like a half-eaten beached whale. You got the costume talent, you got the looks, just get the curves next year. ;P
    What makes you think this isn't her natural body type? People aren't all the same. Assuming she has no medical problems regarding her weight (which we don't even know the number), suggesting someone needs to fatten up for aesthetic reasons is just as patronizing as telling another (assuming) healthy woman she needs to cut the calories simply because she doesn't fit the extremely rigid ideal concept that individual people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Women just have to eat less, while men have to train hard everyday in order to get some muscles.
    Yes, that is all women have to do. Simply eat less.

If only it was actually that simple.
    Last edited by Lekscene; 2010-10-23 at 07:16 PM.

Where are the moderators in this thread? Some of these comments are downright insulting and should be removed.

To all the people who competed in the costume contest, fantastic job, well done to you all. I wish I had half as much guts as you guys must have to get out there and show your love for this game in front of everyone. While the rest of us sit here and comment from the sidelines you guys are out there doing something cool. I love a line I heard from Day9 on his starcraft blog - "There is nothing cooler than being proud of the things you love" and you guys epitomise that. Good luck to you all and look forward to seeing whatever ye can come up with next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that the contest rules stated that Winners would be chosen based on originality, I'd have to say that boob factor played a much larger role than anything else. Illidan was awesome. How original is Jaina at this point? I will say the monk was definetly good tho'.

Deleted
    Gaaah, run! Nerds!

Quote Originally Posted by Lekscene View Post
    What makes you think this isn't her natural body type? People aren't all the same. Assuming she has no medical problems regarding her weight (which we don't even know the number), suggesting someone needs to fatten up for aesthetic reasons is just as patronizing as telling another (assuming) healthy woman she needs to cut the calories simply because she doesn't fit the extremely rigid ideal concept that individual people have.

Yes, that is all women have to do. Simply eat less.

I said they have the looks to pull it off (very-very pretty), I said the costume looks great, I just suggested they get some more curves to be spot onto what they're trying to emulate. Cosplayers, at least ones I know, will go to the lengths of even manipulating their bodies to complete the look.

And no, women need to work out just like men. The ones that just don't eat (not properly even), and don't work out that are skinny look sickly. They need to work out to tone up their muscles just like men do, except they go a curvy-tone, not a veiny-bulk-tone that men strive for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lekscene View Post
    ...and healthy but that is it. Anyone can be thin, just eat the right food and get some exercise. However you wont look like Varian Wrynn if you go jogging 2 times a week and eat healthy.

Go look how they trained for the movie 300 and tell me that men have it easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this pictures of 'How Not to Cosplay?'

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to make a comment about what I said early. It was just a silly comment that I felt like saying to hear something silly in return. I am no where near ignorant enough to truly believe that they're just hypocrites. I understand that there are many girls (like myself, if you haven't notice I am female as well) that don't fit into the female population that complains AND/OR the female population that likes to dress up like that.

I honestly hope anyone who dressed up had fun and I hope anyone who is playing the game is having fun as well.

I like how the nerdy girl in the tabard next to Alexstraza is pretending to read. Cool tabard though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    Way I see it, at least some of the girls can match the in game females. I don't see a single guy there who is built anything like the in game males though (well, maybe some come close to the forsaken). Maybe it's us poor fellas who get the impossible ideal to live up to ...
    Why should anyone even live up to a video game image,its an artificial beauty standard. Wish people would respect themselves and eachother nomatter their appearance.

Back ontopic,love all the costumes in the pictures,very well made,and respect to everybody who put all the time and efford into making them.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzykizzy View Post
    Why should anyone even live up to a video game image,its an artificial beauty standard. Wish people would respect themselves and eachother nomatter their appearance.

Back ontopic,love all the costumes in the pictures,very well made,and respect to everybody who put all the time and efford into making them.
    Fat belf = not happening. I don't care how some "artificial beauty standard" dictates such and such weight, that is freaking disgusting.

In other news, first Alexstrasza left a lot of those dudes squirming in their pants. Bravo for attractive girl at Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Those motherfuckers have lasers for all we know.

More of #6 !!!!!!!

I guess I'm the only one who thinks all the costumes look really tragic this year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by becaroonie View Post
    I guess I'm the only one who thinks all the costumes look really tragic this year.
    tragic? not really man blizzcon is way behond its expetions ths year but the costumes are aswome just embrace them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradena View Post
    I found Waldo!! Finally! has anyone else found him too?
    Rofled so hard to that XDDD

I wasn't all that impressed with the costumes this year. Especially compared to, say, the winner from last year. I think the D3 Monk that won this year was a decent choice, overall. I probably would have picked the Moonkin (you all know the one I'm talking about).

As far as "Alexstrasza"...which one? There've been at least a half dozen in the last two Blizzcons. There were probably also a lot of turned ankles this year because of the many draenei/protoss costumes featuring simulated hooves. There just wasn't a lot of originality out there this time around.