Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Legendary in Cata

Hello wow community . my name is tenzen and im playing mage since beta released back in 2004 .

I would like to make a request to the mmo crew if it is possible to ask the developers one question about legendary items.

Over the years we saw in vanilla wow Thunderfury /Sulfuras / Atiesh . Those 3 weapons were created for rogue/warrior mainly and for the casters like mages/locks/priests/druids.
    At the launch of TBC we saw 2 weapons legendary . Warglaives of azzinoth and Thoridal bow . Those weapons were for Rogue/Warrior and Hunter
    At the launch of Wotlk we saw additional 2 more weapons introduced in the game. Val'anyr mace and Shadowmourne . Those weapons were created for Warrior/Dk/Paladin and for all the healers.

As u see in my explanation above in the past 5 almost 6 years now we have in total 7 legendaries. In every part of the history warrior always gets one legendary and 1 more side ways for the rest. What i have been wondering is that Caster class havent been given any legendary item for almost 5 years now.I will speak about mages, in tbc was the useless class ingame to play with every guild in wow not taking any mage for raids. Locks were best of casters back then. In vanilla we had rolling ignites but they removed that so we lost a lot of dps . In Wotlk mage was good in damage until icc. when all the melees took their shiny purple items were toping the dps meters easily . we on the other hand got a boost and then nerf again . Can anyone explain to me what is going on with both mage class and legendary. Do we have to wait 5 more years to get 1 orange item to boost the dps in raids or is it gona be again warriors/rogues that will benefit .

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    The very first legendary coming in Cata is going to be for casters.

Its been discussed many times, as a fellow mage I agree with you that its time for another caster legendary.

However, Blizzard promised a caster legendary in cataclysm, cant understand you missed it :P
    As it sounded yesterday at Blizzcon it will be a staff.

If was said months and months ago that the first legendary of cata will be a caster wep.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Deleted
    ye it seems i have missed it . it is good news though that we finally get a new weapon to raid .

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    blizzcon is your friend, read what they say.

Elemental shamans will never get a legendary :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    The First Legendary will be a caster dps staff, Metzen says at blizzcon Cata Q/A

Deleted
    if it is staff elemental shamans can use it

Deleted
    Hey, at least you have one. And one more in the making. Enhancement has exactly zero legendary weapons.

well what i know mage dps got a major turn to the better side with this patch, looking at full 264 geared mages doing 18k on saurfang along with add dps isnt that bad now is it?

Was announced nearly 6 months ago, that the 1st Cataclysm Legendary, likely assembled in 4.1 (same style to Shadowmourne/Val'anyr. And yes, it WILL be obtainable in 10-man mode, just not as FAST as 25-man mode), will be a Caster Legendary.

I'm still waiting on the Tank Legendary, though due to the design of tanks, it would either have to have 2-3 rewards, or it's going to be a cloak, or non-visible.
    Weapon: Would have to be 2 rewards - 1H Mace/Axe/Sword OR Shield for Warrior/Paladin, 2H Mace/Polearm for Druid/DK. Go with a Mace for 2H, Axe for 1H (Or the far more preferable shield), make it Earth Elemental based.
    Cloak: All usable, but hideable, so it would have to be beyond awesome with an amazing graphical effect... maybe make your movement animation like an Ethereal. Would be Wind Elemental based.
    Jewelry or Trinket: Problem being non-visible makes it far less Legendary-seeming.

But from what I recall, rumor has it that the Legendary caster staff, would be related to Neptulon. I just read through Wowwiki on him and though it doesn't make mention of any weapon (likely a trident-like designed one, given the aquatic ties, and the fact he is based on the Roman god Neptune), I do recall reading some time ago, that his weapon was supposed to give one control over the tides themself.

Tanks are the only spec to never get a legendary just for them.

Caster dps had one, even if it was removed.
    But casters get the first legendary of cata, so that problem's fixed.

Thunderfury was used by tanks, and at its time it was great for tanks... But was not a tank weapon. Rogues do not attempt to get tank weapons.

I want a real tank legendary, with stamina, defence rating, and a nice tank proc!
    Would probably have to be weapon + shield, or 2h weapon choice.
    But there has to be a legendary shield to go with our 1h weapons... they need to match!

Then if there's a 3rd weapon this expansion, it would probably be another melee dps weapon (when have we not had one of those stupid things?... maybe it would have an option for a bow or gun instead... legendary crossbow?)

But Tank Legendary Is Needed Next!@

Not being funny, but there's not been one legendary that Enh shaman could use. I'm not saying there should be ONE just for Enh shammies but just at LEAST one. A very slow 1h axe (or pair) would be pretty cool and relatively universal. For all of you who QQ about not having had a recent legendary for your role, think of the poor enh. Either let shammies use swords (really silly that they can't) or work something out.

"It's time for _another_ caster legendary" pfft.

Edit: Wow I completely misread your post... my fail

I'll leave this lol...
    Hunters are the only real exception for legendaries with their bow... even if hunters don't always get it because now it's old... Maybe the next hero class will be a range type...

I think it would be cool to have a really long and hard quest chain like they did with Shadowmourne but give a choice between a couple different legendary items instead of just 1. That way it still requires a large amount of effort to get but you get a choice (though it would cause more work for Blizzard).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futtiwar View Post
    The First Legendary will be a caster dps staff, Metzen says at blizzcon Cata Q/A
    And what about the others ?

Deleted
    Yes that annoys me warriors shouldn't get a legendary each expansion its time to let other roles take a stand in legendary weapons

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Was announced nearly 6 months ago, that the 1st Cataclysm Legendary, likely assembled in 4.1 (same style to Shadowmourne/Val'anyr. And yes, it WILL be obtainable in 10-man mode, just not as FAST as 25-man mode), will be a Caster Legendary.

I'm still waiting on the Tank Legendary, though due to the design of tanks, it would either have to have 2-3 rewards, or it's going to be a cloak, or non-visible.
    Weapon: Would have to be 2 rewards - 1H Mace/Axe/Sword OR Shield for Warrior/Paladin, 2H Mace/Polearm for Druid/DK. Go with a Mace for 2H, Axe for 1H (Or the far more preferable shield), make it Earth Elemental based.
    Cloak: All usable, but hideable, so it would have to be beyond awesome with an amazing graphical effect... maybe make your movement animation like an Ethereal. Would be Wind Elemental based.
    Jewelry or Trinket: Problem being non-visible makes it far less Legendary-seeming.

But from what I recall, rumor has it that the Legendary caster staff, would be related to Neptulon. I just read through Wowwiki on him and though it doesn't make mention of any weapon (likely a trident-like designed one, given the aquatic ties, and the fact he is based on the Roman god Neptune), I do recall reading some time ago, that his weapon was supposed to give one control over the tides themself.
    The legendary caster weapon has been confirmed to be the Scythe of Elune

It should be a melee wep, melee classes are so over looked when it comes to legendary weps! :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead. And that World of Warcraft... died with him"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Elemental shamans will never get a legendary :'(
    Have you never trained in Staves?