Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzcon 2010 - Open Q&A

Blizzcon 2010 - Open Q&A
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Currently in the game you can use the dungeon finder to put together 5 man teams within a battlegroup, is there any possibility you can revisit that for making raids?
    The way we tune our raids demands the players use several compositions, buffs and debuffs represented and it gets pretty hard to apply there, you may not always have the best players with you.

I was wondering if in the future they were any plans to make races across the board more customization, when you place all armor on them they look the same
    Currently there aren't any solid plans but we are tossing around some stuff.

Any plans of adding a guild merging system?
    we don't have any plans for a feature, but merging a guild is easier to do in cata due to the easier interface.

I love what you guys done with wow, I love you have a lot of strong female chars, I wonder if we can have some that didnt look like they came out of victoria's secrets catalogue?
    Which catalogue would you like them step out then? we feel ya, we want to vary our female chars, so yeah we'll pick different catalogues

Live blog will be a little late, had an issue with the wifi, Kody will pick it up in a few

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewriting this lol. I see what she was getting at when she referred to the unrealistic, stereo-typically 'hot' female lead characters, but at the same time the male lead characters are complete beef cakes that don't accurately reflect the average male either.
    Last edited by Seejay; 2010-10-23 at 08:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The next Q&A has started off with more QQ, good god what a bad crowd.

Deleted
    Not a very important question but why can't they make tier gear look different for each spec? I'll settle for unique color hues!

Q: Lich King has a lot of really cool abilities DKs could use. Have you given any thought into giving us Defile or Infest?

A: Level 90 ability right there!

:O
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

"Q: I love what you guys done with wow, I love you have a lot of strong female chars, I wonder if we can have some that didnt A: look like they came out of victoria's secrets catalogue?
    Which catalogue would you like them step out then? we feel ya, we want to vary our female chars, so yeah we'll pick different catalogues"
    Hmm think its time VS open up a shop in WoW.

So you pay big bucks to go to blizz con and then get the chance, that others didn't, to ask the developers a question and the most important thing in the game to you is whether they will make your stupid pet more ferocious?

are you @#$%^ kidding me?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like saying "it's good at 85" shows up numerously...

This is unbelievable.. Having paid for a so called stream but being forced to watch mmo-champ to know what's being said in Q&A because else I'll go back to dial-up like speeds and be able to enjoy staring at the face of the person asking the question for over 10 minutes... Yay!

These are the worst questions ever posed, ever. Like you might as well ask Patrick Stewart about shampoo.

wow... I was sure selling extra slots was on their agenda. I guess not. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Most were pretty meh. Though the female druid forms was a good question and his response was very interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Most were pretty meh. Though the female druid forms was a good question and his response was very interesting.
    I'd rather have them focus on updating the models and animations for the vanilla races.

Very few moments of "wait and see" from the dev people. I guess it's understandable, they're so close to an expansion launch and all I guess they can't even begin to promise any new features right now.

---------- Post added 2010-10-23 at 10:27 PM ----------

Not sure I'm fan of the sarcastic replies like "buy a new account" for the extra character slot. Yeah they're funny and all but I thought that was a really good question and the reply just sounded like all they care about is $$$.
    Last edited by Collected; 2010-10-23 at 09:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a total bullshit blow off answer about character slots!

i'm not watching the stream so maybe someone can tell me, did they say anything about warlocks? i see the writeup every class got something said about them, except warlocks.

I cannot believe the horrible questions that these people come up with. They lack total common sense in every way possible. Seriously DK eye glow and feminism issues? And the rest were the exact same retarded questions as last year.

Is it just me or do the D3 staff look a lot more happier and energetic than the WoW crew?

Well, the truth is out. Deathwing isn't Metzen. All those who cared can rest easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Question View Post
    i'm not watching the stream so maybe someone can tell me, did they say anything about warlocks? i see the writeup every class got something said about them, except warlocks.
    @ Class Q&A we had 1 question about Demon Soul being just a trinket, basically got answered they dont like to give us 'proper spells' u use a lot, just things u use from time to time... @ Open Q&A there was only 1 about mastery being boring for warlocks, blizz seemed to be fine with that, mastery just should make u better at stuff, not change your rotation