Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    longer fights will be better for the game overal my concern is what they mean by saying longer

Last longer, take your time and enjoy while doing it -- this is how you and your partner enjoy sex.

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    What I was doing on my warrior yesterday: Putting on my full, 1500 resil(44% damage reduction) gear, ran into the BG, charged, hamstringed, rended, waited a second or so, stunned, mortalstrikeoverpowerheroicstrikeoverpowermortalstrike.
    (...)

It was pretty fun in the beginning, but then I started to feel like I suck unless it's a healer or two at once. Make me feel like I know what I'm doing and not mindlessly bashing people down.
    Well, that sounded like the perfect description of a warrior to me.

Classes have unique play styles, approaches, shortcomings, requirements, natures and souls. Don't expect to wear plate, wield gigantic axes and be as tricky or as risky as a rogue or as a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    how on earth can anyone react to being hit by 12k crits from shamans and 10k crits from a hunter or mage while being stuck in a 5sec silence, deathcoil, kidney shot or our healer being completely locked out for 10 seconds? there is nothing balance by being able to kill someone in 3 seconds while our healer is stuck and cant do anything for 10 seconds.

---------- Post added 2010-10-24 at 08:34 AM ----------

So mage + rogue, mage + priest, rogue + priest is balanced now? it's a fact that those 3 setups have the most utility and defencives in the game.. that's why RMP works and thats why they still will be overpowered in cataclysm.
    First of all, you should never be hit for 12k in arenas unless it's a kill shot or you're wearing mediocre pvp gear or none at all. If you're coiled or stunned, you can trinket them (same with all CC). If you're stuck without a trinket, then you've been pressured into using it beforehand. Sure WotLK pretty much allows people to get globaled (LSD, Beastcleave, ATC, spellcleave etc), but that doesn't change the fact that it's still possible to get outplayed. If your healer's locked out for 10 seconds, WotLK didn't do that, that's just the healer being terrible. If the healer's CC'd for 10 secs however, refer back to my second sentence.

As for the whole mage, rogue and priest thing, yes. They pretty much take no skill what soever up until 2300ish. PvE gear carries the crap out of the rogue and Solace and other similar mana trinkets from PvE can carry a terrible P/R combo from 1600 to about 1800-1900 sadly.

EDIT: Oh, and believe me. Priest, mages and rogue comps between the 3 are far more balanced than any lock comp. They're literally able to reach 2500 with a decent healer or a retarded tree in 2's spamming drain mana on anything with mana.
    Last edited by Icpie; 2010-10-27 at 05:12 AM.
    New and shiny compppppp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    The faster PVP is, the less skill comes into play and the more likely it's going to end up a button-mashing spamfest. Slowing combat down lets people more fully utilize their abilities and at least have a half-second to think about a move before they make it.

I like the idea, personally. Seems like a good direction to take the game in.
    Op has good points as do you, but really really if you need more time in PvP to "Utilize" your abilities then well too bad, but if you're just being rolled and there's no time anyway well then I guess this is good but yeah this can be could or bad depending on how you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Fast PvP and reactions are what differs a skilled player from another, reacting fast, thinking fast and all that. Timing the right combination of CC abilities...

What do you guys think?
    i agree. but it was getting to the point where people were getting blown up and reacting had absolutely nothing to do with it.

i.e. being a melee against any wiz cleave team in season8. oops you took a step away from the pillar, now you're feared into a a lawlvaburst chain lightning lightning bolt chaos bolt conflagrate. you lose. gg

so yes, it needed to be slowed down--to a point, at least
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    First of all, you should never be hit for 12k in arenas unless it's a kill shot or you're wearing mediocre pvp gear or none at all. If you're coiled or stunned, you can trinket them (same with all CC). If you're stuck without a trinket, then you've been pressured into using it beforehand. Sure WotLK pretty much allows people to get globaled (LSD, Beastcleave, ATC, spellcleave etc), but that doesn't change the fact that it's still possible to get outplayed. If your healer's locked out for 10 seconds, WotLK didn't do that, that's just the healer being terrible. If the healer's CC'd for 10 secs however, refer back to my second sentence.

As for the whole mage, rogue and priest thing, yes. They pretty much take no skill what soever up until 2300ish. PvE gear carries the crap out of the rogue and Solace and other similar mana trinkets from PvE can carry a terrible P/R combo from 1600 to about 1800-1900 sadly.

EDIT: Oh, and believe me. Priest, mages and rogue comps between the 3 are far more balanced than any lock comp. They're literally able to reach 2500 with a decent healer or a retarded tree in 2's spamming drain mana on anything with mana.
    Priests and Hpallys have a dispell magic ability and if they had half a brain would use it to get rid of CC with a simple Target macro. No just CC but any snare/pally stuns etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read every post, but to the op. They mean slowing down the overall pace. Cs'ins a 1.2 second lava burst is reaction. Being 2 shot by a 1.2 second lava burst + earth shock is too fast paced. Skill will remain, facerolling will not.

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    Priests and Hpallys have a dispell magic ability and if they had half a brain would use it to get rid of CC with a simple Target macro. No just CC but any snare/pally stuns etc.
    Thanks captain obvious? I'm just saying that there's an option to get out of those things if your partner's CC'd or just can't dispel those things...
    New and shiny compppppp!

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem in wotlk pvp is that you can't use a global cooldown if you are below 85% health or you might die during it unable to ie. ice block or bubble. If it's like that there is something wrong with the damage / health ratio.
    (avg human reaction time is 0,15-0,30seconds, Global cooldown is 1,0-1,5seconds, you react but realize you are unable to do anything about it)

And as the focus will turn more on Battlegrounds where 15v15 will most likely be the most common platform you can't
    balance the damage in a way it's in WotLK or everyone will just instantly explode.

Blizzard took 2 steps forward in wotlk, hopefully they'll now take 1 step backwards to end up
    somewhere between TBC and WotLK PvP. (i don't really miss the 1hour 2's or 2healer hunter matches too much).