Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Naxxramas the Undying

Hey all,

I'm planning on going for the Undying before Cataclysm hits. I knew this shouldn't really be too hard anymore since you can easily overgear it.
    But I was wondering, if I would try to do it with a PuG, would it be stupid or 'elitist' of me to ask for achievements?
    I just would want to be sure that the people who would join, will know what they are doing.

But I also don't want to be an ass or what ever should I attempt it.
    Also, is it hard to get nowadays ? I kind of doubt it besides on the dance boss and on KT I can see people dying..

Be careful on Instructor Raz. People like to pull aggro off the mc targets. You might want to just zerg with two tanks. Definitely check achieves because 1 little mistake, or someone not knowing what to do and everyone's time is wasted. Dance isn't an issue because with good dps you should have him dead before the first all out dnace phase.

Dont underestimate naxxrammas you may be able to get a well geared group but if people dont know the mechanics of the fights people WILL die and if 1 person dies its all over.

I remember trying this for the proto drake back before Ulduar. We had some tard die on one of the easiest encounters, the Heagen Dance ¬_¬
    If people don't listen, or experience lag issues, it could be over. But considering back then people had about 16-19k in decent gear it was easy to die. Now people are walking about with 28k unbuffed, that encounter would give abit more room for error.

I would ask for achivements for a full clear, because you can now just kill the last 2 bosses and gain the Naxx Achivement (for champion of the frozen waste). Some of the fights will mess you over if people manage to fail badly. Thadius comes to mind.

Deleted
    Aha, thanks a lot. I was afraid I would sound like an elitist ass, but I just don't want to waste everybodies time and stuff. So for heaigan it's best to bring good DPS to kill him as fast as possible?

Also, any preferable setup or doesn't that matter?

Deleted
    Why you ask? Just do what you think is best.

I mean, get the comp you like, with people who are not totally retarded.

I was able to do the Undying on January 2009 with retarded people so I think you should be able to do it.

Deleted
    2 tanks, 4 overgeared dps, 4 healers. Boring, slow, but safe.

A bit off topic, but it relates to this....

I recently helped my guild achieve "the Immortal"; I personally had gotten it while Naxx was current content. It definitely felt harder to get in current gear then it was when Naxx/OS/EoE T7 Gear was current gear. Now don't get me wrong, bosses went down like they were a joke (which hey, they are), but the amount of Threat DPS was pulling cause the fights were so short, got dangerously scary (I know personally even with Hand of Salvation, I was having to shut down my DPS numerous times on almost every fight). Also because once each Tier of content was released it would over shadow the lasr Tier of content, it seemed liked there weren't many people who actually knew all the Naxx Mechanics cause they have never been there, which I can understand with the way Wrath played out, once Ulduar came out there wasn't many reasons to return to or go to Naxx in general.

Only boss you can possibly fail at is kel'thusad. Make sure every1 who can is healing frost tombs lol =P

Make sure you have 2 people that can do Instructor.

Other than that, I did it... 1 weeks ago on my alt that didn't have the achievement yet. With a pug.

I would recomend you to ask for http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1996 and http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2178

If people can do it then they know how to do their job

Deleted
    You should ask for achievements, because one little fuck up can screw the whole raid. Also try to get an organized group together. Don`t just PuG total random people.

i got it when naxx was ``the raid´´
    i think it was a random pug for the achievement
    (leader just invited people from /trade)
    so, my advice would be NOT to ask for achieve/GS and ask guildies.
    just get someone with brains. best way to know so is to talk with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Dont underestimate naxxrammas you may be able to get a well geared group but if people dont know the mechanics of the fights people WILL die and if 1 person dies its all over.
    This. I like Naxxramas and so I just hop into raids on whatever toon I'm on if someone asks in trade. At least on my realm it's apparently very rare that a pug sticks it through, much less has no deaths. Last run I was on failed on Heigan and disbanded after two wipes (being the only DPS left alive doesn't help) on him, after wiping to Gluth because he ate all zombies and healed to full.
    People step into Naxx ("lol its only naxx"), grossly outgearing the instance with their 5.5k+ GS - then they die to mechanics and go "wow fail grp" *drop raid*.

Over everything else, you need people that know what to do. Good DPS on Heigan is nice, but you don't want to miss the achievement because the DPS just wasn't high enough and no one had a clue how to move their toon in a straight line across the room and back. Or, like last time, where the group wiped twice because some "pro" in the raid wanted to exploit the encounter ("lol jst stand on safe spot. wut? im not in healer los? wut why am i getting hit? wtf heigan moved and now all died"). Be smart, know the mechanics, and except for lag, you should be fine. I don't think there are any encounters in 10 man Naxx where the RNG could mess you up.

I'd rather take someone in 213 if they know the encounters in and out, than someone in 264 that is clueless. Safety Dance and Shocking are good achievements to check, alas having them depends on the performance of your raid. I got Safety Dance, as main healer, on our Undying run, and still don't have Shocking, even though I haven't ever nuked the raid with polarity charges (though with high DPS you can probably just spread out).
    Last edited by lyom; 2010-10-24 at 01:54 PM.

It's always hard to pick with pugs, especially with something like naxx where people can be carried thru (me and my guild just did a full run with 7 people). My advice is to take people who are confident with the safety dance (but if you have enough ilvl 264 people you will zerg that before p2 so only your tank/melee need to know the fight). Also, i'd advise doing a full recap of the fight mechanics before each one. The deaths we had on our run were because people hadn't been in there for so long and forgot some of the mechanics. Also, as has been said, dps pulling threat on Instructor caused a lot of problems for us.

Deleted
    Dont know if I would try to pug this but lets assume I would.

There is no need to run crazy shit like 4 healers, they will just get bored and edventually not heal when actually needed. Take two and some ele shaman that will go healing on 4h, sapphiron, kel. Take obviously overgeared DPS, doing 10k+ on bosses without the 30% buff. Nothing hard about that really.

From what I have observed, these days you can zerg Heigan before the dancing phase begins. Take as few melee as possible (that will help on kel too) and just zerg that bastard with BL from the platform.

You also can totally ignore the buff/debuff deal on Thaddius, just spread and take him down, ignore the whole "risky" mechanic.

Dont underestimate kiting zombies on that dog boss (his name got away from me). Maybe even offtank them, I think we did that when going for Immortal back then.

Last but probably the most important thing would be making sure that everyone is 100% sure on what to do, its nearly 2 years since Naxx has been some serious business. People gotta know how to handle horses, ask people who go to the back what to do there to make sure they know... Have 2 confident people doing MC on Instructor. And well... Pray everyone moves from Void Zones on Kel :P.

This is just from the top of my head, I got Immortal in 3.0 and Undying on several alts in 3.0 - 3.1.

edit: One last thing. The achi is a joke to do these days. Those bosses have incredibly low HP and dont do almost any tank damage. Its enough to not fuck up the mechanichs which lets be honest arent hard at all and you have it. Even more so after the HP buff in 4.0.1
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2010-10-25 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do PUG, head straight for Heigen the Unclean, the dance boss. If someone's gonna die, they'll tell you by standing in the explosion 3 or more times.

This really should be a non-issue to achieve these days with the level of overgearing. Some will say Heigan will cause problems, but your DPS ought to be high enough that you won't even have to dance; hell, I did that fight on 25 with less than 20 people a couple months ago and still had enough DPS to avoid the dance, so it should be even easier on 10-man.

The fights that will pose the largest problem are probably Raz, Saph, KT, and possibly Thaddius. I'd suggest starting with Raz, if you fail, you can still soft reset, then doing Saph, KT, and the plague wing. It should be smooth sailing after that.

And I wouldn't say asking for decent gear and achievements is being elitist, provided you're clear about your intentions. The point of the run isn't to gear up alts, so there's no harm in making sure people have enough health and DPS to provide a good margin for error.

My friend just did Immortal with 10 guild mates instead of getting retarded scrubs from trade. Proly the better choice aswell.

Get as many friends as you can