Low level Rogue pvp

Hey

I am a level 39 rogue (dinged 10 mins before this post), horde, ghostlands. I enjoy levelling up via battlegrounds, and without heirlooms. I have good gear, but all my enchants and weapons i earnt with money that i made on this character, except the glyphs which were made for me by a friend. I am sub specced.

And i sort of, well, suck.

Atm, in low level brackets, sub specced rogues are dominating battlegrounds, by speccing into Improved Ambush, Opportunity, and Initiative, and similar talents, for an ambush that usually 1 shots, esp for heirloomers, followed by a 3 point eviscerate if that fails. I dont like this, but im good at it. I can do it, and i know all the hows and most of the little tricks for it. Recently, however, ive been trying with actual combat. This came about from when both me and an opposing rogue tried to cheap shot each other (facing each other, so no ambush, and we just saw each other) and we BOTH missed. This resulted in us coming out of stealth and us having an actual fight. I got raped. Anally. With a sharp implement resembling a pitchfork. Im bad at combat.

I want to be a good rogue, not just a lolambush ulose LULZ rogue, especially since that will fail amazingly at 80, and probably 85 as well. I want to know what to do in an actual combat situation against different classes. I dismantle melee, im a belf so i try to arcane torrent to interupt, and also kick on spellcasters. I us evasion, after the opponent if tey are a rogue, sometimes i vanish and if i ant get behind them again or are dotted il cheapshot. I use slice and dice on one point, and spam hemorrage.

What am i doing wrong? I use crippling poison in offhand, deadly in main (used to use wound) and dual wield scouts blade (fairly strong daggers 1.70 speed) Id like to know from experienced pvpers what to do against what classes, what lvl, etc. Please help a newb in need who doesnt feel good with the faceroll tactic >.< (even if im forced to use it, i try to make it more actual combaty by going for a cheapshot first, so they have more of a chance)
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

If you're going to want to take the combat route, and not the 1hko ambush route.
    Start off with a sap, if caster use garotte, other than that start with a cshot, backstab, kidney if possible, step + backstab.

There's actually no shame in fighting dirty. It's what we're based around. The one-shot Ambush will be changed in the future, so you're not wrong to want to function without it, but for now, there's no reason not to use it when it's available. So there's no real issue with running away and restealthing when your opener fails (and you'll find this as a great use against other classes at 80 when you can't one-shot them, either).

Toe-to-toe combat is all about putting the advantage in your court. Disarm, gouge, DoT and keep Recuperate up and try to get behind the other guy.