difference between 10 and 25 raids

First off I'm not in the beta but I try and follow it as much as possible and recently on the wow forums I ran across a post from ghostcrawler that said the following.

Q:You recently announced on combing 10 and 25 man raids. Did you feel you would be killing 25 man raids?

A: No, I mean honestly, we talked about it. The bold move here would be to just kill 25 man and go with 10. We didn't want to do that and I mean a lot of us ... I personally do a lot of 25 player raids. We're trying to support both groups. The original Lich King designs was "oh, just do what you want to do" but because of the loot structure, you feel like you have to do both every week which is a good way to burn themselves out if you have to kill the boss twice a week per character it gets old really quick. Hopefully players will decide which is better for their group or themselves, they'll pick 10 or 25 and go with that.

Does this mean blizzard wants the new raid format to only be 10 player raids and are trying to get people to shy away from 25 man ones? Or did I get trolled (this was posted on the wow forums).

Also i'm wondering if thats not their intent what difference is there between 10 and 25 player raids in cata loot wise. Do you get more loot per raider in 25 man? Or is it exactly the same.

blizzard wants you to choose what you like more:raid with small guild,friends (10man) or you rather want to be in big guild (25 man),about difference between 10 and 25 (i am not in beta) but i read somewhere that atm 25 man are easier than 10 man and loot is same and amount of loot is same per person (exp. you kill boss he drops 2 epics in 10 man,in 25 man drops 5 epics,point is it should be avg per person) but number of valor points is different, you get more in 25 man
    Last edited by Lynixx; 2010-10-24 at 08:15 PM.

The problem I see with that system of "just pick which you like more" is there is 0 incentive to do 25 man, they're harder to organize and progress through and yet theres no benefit at all of going into a 25 player raid. I really hope they give you something in 25 mans that can't be done in 10 mans so theres a reason to do them. 10 mans just don't feel like a raid they've always felt more like something you do on the side to real raiding ever since they were introduced and I don't think they will be able to balance them properly. One will always be more difficult then the other and since they both give the same rewards why not just do 10 mans since theres a better chance your fellow raiders will not suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tson View Post
    The problem I see with that system of "just pick which you like more" is there is 0 incentive to do 25 man, they're harder to organize and progress through and yet theres no benefit at all of going into a 25 player raid. I really hope they give you something in 25 mans that can't be done in 10 mans so theres a reason to do them. 10 mans just don't feel like a raid they've always felt more like something you do on the side to real raiding ever since they were introduced and I don't think they will be able to balance them properly. One will always be more difficult then the other and since they both give the same rewards why not just do 10 mans since theres a better chance your fellow raiders will not suck.
    well,when i saw the change i thought it smelled like big time fail,killing 25 man raids, but they said they trying to balance that rly hard and i believe them so we should wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Tson View Post
    In the end the only reason people did 25 mans in the first place was for better gear. I've read a ton of claims that people love 25 man raiding because its "more challenging" and "more epic" but all of the outcry boils down to elitism and want.

Your post seems to be in the same category. If you feel that 25 man raiding is the only "real" raiding and that 10 mans are just things to do on the side then that should be incentive enough for you to continue raiding 25 mans into Cata.

Before I read this...I would say 15 extra people.

I think the armor should be the same stats but look different between 10 and 25 raiding, make the 25 ones look more awesome, but the stats the same, so at that point you can see who did 25 and who did 10.

In the end the only difference in gear would be cosmetic.

Stood in the Fire masterdisaster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It has been explained many times over that there will still be incentive to do 25s. The loot will be exactly the same including the ability to get legendaries. The difference will be the 25 will provide more loot per raider and more points.

I cant be bothered with finding the quote, but it was said at Blizzcon and quoted on this site that 25 will drop 5 epics per boss and 10 will drop 2 epics per boss. This is the same loot to player ratio, but you get more JP in 25. Posting this for those that missed it.

-Negai

As it stands now, the only reason 25s will survive is progression. Or they tune up 10s significantly in the coming builds.
    I've done prett much all bosses on both formats and the tuning is pretty much the same as in WotLK imo. I've yet to spend more than 4 pulls on a Boss in 10s before a kill, even without knowing the fight beforehand.
    25s will not get more Loot per person as confirmed at Blizzcon, Valor points are capped so there is no "hard" incentive for doing 25s. It'll probably come done to the community's take on progression. And as I said, as things are right now, 10s progression probably will be a side note.
    Of course things can change in coming builds.
    Last edited by Heat; 2010-10-25 at 04:36 AM.