Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    WoW, Cho'gall looks grossly undertuned....for 80% of the fight, if you watch the health bars, no one is remotely close to dying....the boss appears to do a soft enrage at 20% that catches the healers off guard but other than that it looks about as challenging as a wet noodle...pretty disappointing (regardless of the fact that it was a top guild doing it)
    That's solely because things were done right. If you mess up at any point earlier, then there's a massive snowballing effect and your raid will die well before the boss dies. It's also normal mode, which is tuned for PUGs and the likes, but still there's no-one else who has killed it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    Don't you think most of addict gamers are like that? I don't mind some random short term relations. And if my partner like wow or works in global positioning researching or development industry, we have something to talk about besides movies, books and war in Afghanistan.
    And showing body to get attention, to receive that little chunk of social satisfaction and possible sex, looks like a decent tactics. I'm not sure there you from, but here, in Europe, we define sluts as persons, who agree to have sex for money, not attention.
    I'm from the UK (therefore, included in Europe).

You are getting confused between Sluts and Whores.

Whores = Sex for monetary gain.

Sluts = Sex for attention.

(This is turning into a very odd topic for MMOC!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puro View Post
    Wow, they didn't do anything during Blizzcon, the problems we're having on live realms weren't done anything to, not a single thing.
    Did they even mention PvP, no they didn't, they only mentioned raids and how much trouble they had drawing a dragon for the login-screen, big deal.
    +1, to the point.
    Personally I would love to have blank login screen or have it skipped (remember password). It's just slows us from continuing adventure...
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Quote Originally Posted by zYN View Post
    That's solely because things were done right. If you mess up at any point earlier, then there's a massive snowballing effect and your raid will die well before the boss dies. It's also normal mode, which is tuned for PUGs and the likes, but still there's no-one else who has killed it so far.
    This.

But i still think end-bosses for Raids should be kept off of PTR/Betas and only internally tested.

Most people will now be able to watch your videos and get a good understanding of the fight before they even step foot into the raid :P

(Not a dig at you for posting videos... it makes sense to. Blizzard should just internally test it themselves)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I love how the men are so judgemental about women gamers that turned up to have some fun and dress up as something out of a game they enjoy. Wow isn't exactly known for it's characters to look like the average women running around. Most of their "well known" characters all have skimpy armor:P

For me I think it's great people out there have enough confidence to wear what they like and not care what people think of them, we need more of that, today people are made to feel so insecure about their bodies cause it doesn't match up to what "society" thinks it should.

So thanks guys for having the courrage to actually go do something fun and enjoy doing it! Live and let live.
    I think the ones where the effort was obvious in the costume they wore were okay. I agree that most well known female lore characters wear skimpy armor, but even those make it obvious from the really well done costumes and the "okay" ones. The spirit healer is a good example, her wings were so well done I didn't pay any attention to the fact she was wearing so little.

Loved the Illidan costume though, but if they put a ramp and stairs in for the next blizzcon costume event they better have strong men on hand to carry everyone off stage!

---------- Post added 2010-10-25 at 10:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    This.

But i still think end-bosses for Raids should be kept off of PTR/Betas and only internally tested.

Most people will now be able to watch your videos and get a good understanding of the fight before they even step foot into the raid :P

(Not a dig at you for posting videos... it makes sense to. Blizzard should just internally test it themselves)
    Can they start on heroic mode though for release? Heroic mode was made for them so if they don't need a Cho'gall kill to activate it then I don't see a huge problem with it.

Why the hell are people even discussing what the chicks are wearing here? There's not a single picture in the batch that doesn't look like someone in a costume, who cares if it's skimpy? I probably wouldn't be caught dead wearing a skimpy costume but why the hell should I care if someone else wants to? Even if they are doing it for attention? Not worth a discussion.

In other news, I really like the spirit healer, and the meeting stone = lol, it's like it's trying to look epic and failing.
    Last edited by Kokiron; 2010-10-25 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    The woman dressed as Diablo III Monk was hot though... but then again, i couldnt see her body under al her clothes.

Some things are best left to the imagination.
    Amen to that.

Eh, Blizzard had no excuse. The pre-WoTLK BlizzCon, aka 2008, had SC2 game play for the first time, D3 game play for the first time, and they announced their new MMO, which since has seen no light. There was plenty to keep you on your toes, though.

This year, absolutely nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking at all those monitors, computers and stands they sure must had a big electric bill.

But very impressive event nonetheless.

"This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country."
    Sometimes I hate youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by fianzo View Post
    Say what you want but....

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images..._floor2_08.jpg

One on the right=HAWT!
    Mia Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

The woman who won the Costume Competition was hot, but she was fully clothed (Diablo III - Female Monk).
    Got to disagree, I found her to be average. Found Lady Jaina Proudmoore to be the hottest of the competition myself....with demon hunter in 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I loved most were definitely the art and sound panels.
    Susan playing the flute is just awesome.

What I did not enjoy were Metzen & co in Lore Q&A. That was just ... wrong.

Can somebody link photo of that monk? Cant find her.

oh god is marmalade deathwing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Mia Rose
    Looks better in this picture than the other *ahem* videos i've seen her in

Quote Originally Posted by Zokten View Post
    Got to disagree, I found her to be average. Found Lady Jaina Proudmoore to be the hottest of the competition myself....with demon hunter in 2nd.
    Demon Hunter was an actual Model hired by Blizzard, so she doesnt count.

I'm a sucker for short hair, so thats why i liked the Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Baever View Post
    Eh, Blizzard had no excuse. The pre-WoTLK BlizzCon, aka 2008, had SC2 game play for the first time, D3 game play for the first time, and they announced their new MMO, which since has seen no light. There was plenty to keep you on your toes, though.

This year, absolutely nothing.
    So what were they supposed to do? Just not hold a Blizzcon because they don't have any new games for people to try?

Blizzcon felt like a let-down this year.

Way too much filler content, not enough "NEW SHINY THINGS".

Just my opinion...
    I feel sorry for those who paid for this. Though I knew they would not say much about WOW, SC2 being out, I thought Diablo III will be the saviour of the show. Well it wasn't. Poor guys who might have even spent money travelling there...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    So what were they supposed to do? Just not hold a Blizzcon because they don't have any new games for people to try?
    They could save most interesting things about Cata. Not spread via forum & start beta until BlizzCon. And propably have release date of Diablo and nice event about it.

Concentrating on Cata, when nearly all info was known kind-a-lame.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез