do you juse "lose" some buffs in bgs?

hi, is it just me or do you lose some of your buffs in a bg
    im sure i had priest buff when my AV started, but when i was on the other side on the bg i only had like 6 buffs total

random dispels probably the cause
    if the caster of the buff afk's out you might lose the buff, i cant recall
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Overwrites.

i dont think it can be dispels for it happens about every time im in a bg tbh

If you're talking about Fortitude, it's now overwritten by Commanding Shout, Qiraji Fortitude (hunter pets), and Blood Pact (warlock imps).

i lost Fortitude, mage buff and kings -_-

Deleted
    I do lose shadow form sometimes, can it be dispelled now or what?

Are you level 80? Some lower level buffs are overwritten by others. Like Warlock Fel Intelligence overwrites mage Arc Int and priest divine spirit (or used to) at lots of levels below 80. Also, if the priest, pally or whatever leaves the bg, the buff (if it's a blessing/prayer/whatever) leaves with them. If it's an individual buff, it should stay up whether the buffer left the bg or not.

Edit: Then again, I haven't played since the patch, so if I remember correctly, now buffs like priest fort affect all. I can see that disappearing if the priest leaves the bg.
    Last edited by Buffwhite; 2010-10-25 at 07:53 PM.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Mark = Kings
    Fort = Qiraj/CommShout/BloodPact
    Mage = Fel Pet?

yes im lvl 80,
    i just hate when i start attacking for the 1st time in that bg and see i lost some buffs like hp buff or mana buff =P

Quote Originally Posted by Artaius View Post
    Mark = Kings
    Fort = Qiraj/CommShout/BloodPact
    Mage = Fel Pet?
    All correct

Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    I do lose shadow form sometimes, can it be dispelled now or what?
    probably due to disease dispel removing shadowform again.

Warlock imps overwrite it, aswell as warriors battleshout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by livingcorpse View Post
    probably due to disease dispel removing shadowform again.
    I've lost it without disease dispel too.

Edit: why would you need it against a pally? i didn't do anything holy against pally, so shadow form shouldn't go like that.
    Last edited by mmocc9de2ce60c; 2010-10-25 at 09:50 PM.

Post was deleted. Totally redundant.

Edit: Lemme know if you guys confirm whether shadowform can be lost other than using your disease dispel and holy spells.
    Last edited by Buffwhite; 2010-10-25 at 10:07 PM.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffwhite View Post
    Post was deleted. Totally redundant.
    Those are shapeshifts....not cast spells.

It's also a form. That would kind of be like dispelling a warlock's metamorphosis. I mean one is on cd, but it's the same concept. There are certain things that shouldn't be dispellable. How can you dispel a "form." It's not really a spell per se. If it is, then druid shapeshifting is considered a spell as well. They both cost mana and require you to use only certain spells/abilities in that form or you have to shift back to caster or another form to use a skill that is unuseable in that particular form.

when a player who buffs you dies, you lose that buff. In a bg where people toss out buffs when they spawn then die shortly after, I'd bet good money that it is the cause of your "missing" or "vanishing" buffs

edit: shadowform disappearing would be a weird bug considering it has never could be dispelled before, unless they had to completely rewrite or changed how it is categorized they would have to literally add code to have it removed. Are you absolutely sure no spells are auto-canceling the form?
    Last edited by geraldford; 2010-10-25 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added info