Pet Attack Macro

So I dont know if this has been posted or not, but I cant find for the life of me a macro that will make my pet attack the target I'm shooting. For example. I am attacking a target in a BG and then a want to switch to a healer. Is there a macro that I can tie into my arcane shot that will tell my pet to switch to that target?

/petattack should be the command. Just stick it into any macro. So for the arcane shot that you mentioned:

/cast Arcane Shot
    /petattack

This will Arcane Shot your target, and send your pet at the same target.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro#Pet_control - go here for all your other pet macro needs

Like the person above me said you the command /petattack.

I how ever like to tell my pet what to attack. So if i want to cc that warrior that is charging me but still dos the healer I would use the old key bind ctrl+1. Since the patch this would not work for me only when I went to check the keybinds I found that petattack was changed to ctrl+t. I felt very stupid afterwards

i use /petattack [target=target]

i dont know if the bug is still there but early in wrath there was an issue where the pet would randomly select a different target somewhere near the target i wanted dead. the above fixed that and i've just continued using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdraculea View Post
    i use /petattack [target=target]

i dont know if the bug is still there but early in wrath there was an issue where the pet would randomly select a different target somewhere near the target i wanted dead. the above fixed that and i've just continued using it.
    this bug is gone
    /petattack is sufficiant

15+ Year Old Account
    I like mouseover macros so my pet attack macro looks like this.

/petattack [@mouseover,harm,nodead][@target,harm,nodead]

This macro will send me pet at my mouseover target if I have one and if that target is an enemy and not dead. If those conditions aren't true it will send my pet after my target if it is an enemy and not dead. If those conditions aren't true either then it will do nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a plain /petattack macro.

Has anybody noticed a possible bug where if you spam this button, the pet actually does not attack, or he does not start moving until a second or two after you tell it to attack? It's pretty annoying. It might just be latency or some nonsense.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    I use a plain /petattack macro.

Has anybody noticed a possible bug where if you spam this button, the pet actually does not attack, or he does not start moving until a second or two after you tell it to attack? It's pretty annoying. It might just be latency or some nonsense.
    I've noticed this a lot lately, but I've been chalking it up to latency and/or my failure to properly press the button. Of course, my latency is generally very good and I'm pretty sure I am in fact pressing the button properly, so now that someone else says they have the same issue, I'm immediately suspicious. I will pay closer attention to it this week...

I have it bound to a more convenient key than ctrl-1, but it's just /petattack for me. I also have been experimenting with binding it to my serpent sting, which seems to be working pretty well for me. I don't tend to sting irrelevant targets, so my pet stays on something I've deemed a threat. Or I can send it somewhere else with the independent macro. If I get more heavily into PVP come Cata, I might drop it so I can put a PVP pet on one target while stinging and dpsing another, but for PVE I have yet to run into a situation where I had a target I wanted to serpent sting that I didn't also want my pet to eat. Crusher tentacles on Yogg maybe? That's a pretty rare case though, and I can always decline to sting them and leave my pet passive or on another target.