Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dikalup View Post
    Yeah we have heard that one so many times before and fact is that you have clicked on adds and you have done so more than once - You might not do it often, but it still happens every once in a while.
    I've been using the internet for 15+ years myself and I'm also one of those "i never click", but fact is that just once in a while it happens.

But even if you don't click you actually generate revenue - Online advertising is not just paid by clicks, but also just by sheer exposure. That form of advertising is actually very popular with branding.
    Whatever you say chief, I was taught long ago that banner ads are nothing but trouble and for the most part ive never seen a reason to disagree with that. I never click anything because Ive never seen anything worth clicking. If I want to buy something, then I know about it already, im not so weak minded that I rush out and buy everything that pops up on a flashy ad. They have these ads in these old fashioned things, they are called magazines, its like webpages, but on paper.. and they are just as useless now as they were on paper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Just to be fair, I just downloaded a patch, and new game version is 13205. So yes Boub was right , now we just need patch notes to know what this patch fixed.

If a dungeon isnt complex whats the point in it?

I remeber the days of old dungeon romps where i drew my own maps on paper because not even automapping existed... fun days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halfbee View Post
    What? Did you not read the top of the page? It says "originally posted by Blizzard Entertainment" (in blue I might add). But it seems Blizzard has no idea about said posting. That was my point. There is no source link, there is no evidence that this patch is coming. Just a post that LOOKS like it's official. If Boub is going to post info, maybe he should get it correct...with links we can click to verify. How is my question trolling again?
    And there was a patch. So rather than beginning some stupid inquisition, download your patch and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihonessa View Post
    Hm... Back on the PTR of 4.0.1, there was a pretty big pre-Cata event questline. When is Blizzard going to implement that? Because I would like to see it again on Live.
    Came and went already. GG. :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halfbee View Post
    Just to be fair, I just downloaded a patch, and new game version is 13205. So yes Boub was right , now we just need patch notes to know what this patch fixed.
    or bugged

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkertown, and it's driving all the gnomes crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by luizofoca View Post
    or bugged
    True....Blizz seems to break more than they fix these days.
    "Traveling allows you to visit new towns and meet new people." - Genghis Khan.

I won't be using Wowpedia as long as that dickbag A'noob is on board. I submitted a few edits to Wowwiki articles over the last few months, and EVERY SINGLE ONE, he voided out and then made the EXACT same change himself, to steal credit. That guy's a self-righteous tool and Curse is now just as bad for working with him.

15+ Year Old Account
    cant download 4.0.1a i click my launcher and the "play" button is grayed out. after about 30 seconds i get a message saying "Failed to download information about the next patch. check your networks" ovb my internet is working fine. anyone know the problem?

Whats the point in wowpedia? it looks just like wowwikki, has the same information as wowwikki the only difference is that wowwikki has more people using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindahuge View Post
    I won't be using Wowpedia as long as that dickbag A'noob is on board. I submitted a few edits to Wowwiki articles over the last few months, and EVERY SINGLE ONE, he voided out and then made the EXACT same change himself, to steal credit. That guy's a self-righteous tool and Curse is now just as bad for working with him.
    Umm, what account were you making edits under? So I can check out what was going on...

---------- Post added 2010-10-26 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Geeza View Post
    Whats the point in wowpedia? it looks just like wowwikki, has the same information as wowwikki the only difference is that wowwikki has more people using it.
    Fewer ads, better skin, more people keeping it up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lausten View Post
    Okay so uhm.. Im over halfway done with Insane in the Membrane.. I need Ravenholdt (11999/12k), and Darkmoon Faire (100 Decks or so).. Am I able to get those in Cataclysm? Or have all of my time invested in this Feat of Strength been wasted?
    Blizz has not said anything official about those 2 factions being removed so I would think they will still be in come Cata. DMF better be in that's all I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    If a dungeon isnt complex whats the point in it?

I remeber the days of old dungeon romps where i drew my own maps on paper because not even automapping existed... fun days.
    Dude you sound old, maybe you should try out BATMud there sure aint no help for noobs and kids here. Its only for the 'true' hardcore gamers.

Yeessh, some people....

Quote Originally Posted by mikisulu View Post
    Dude you sound old, maybe you should try out Batmud there sure aint no help for noobs and kids here. Its only for the 'true' hardcore gamers.

Yeessh, some people....
    Hey now.. I played batmud in the 90's.. (and zombiemud for that matter).. it's great for newbies.. if you speak finnish.. (VITTU!!).. (about all the finnish I learned)

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Blizz has not said anything official about those 2 factions being removed so I would think they will still be in come Cata. DMF better be in that's all I know.
    Maybe not, but i'm pretty sure they announced the old DM Librams being removed. So no more Dire Maul rep. Perhaps they'll add some new way to get rep there, who knows. So no-one new will be able to get that.

They said, they're bringing in new cards for DMF, though. These new ones (hurricane deck, volcanic deck, etc) all give 350 rep each according to Wowhead. So, presumably they stay and you can still get rep if that's your last faction.

But yeh, the Insane title is a feat of strength, and there's an expansion coming, so there's little use moaning that it's no longer possible to get, any more than complaining about being unable to get "hand of adal", or the ZA bear.
    Last edited by Calaba; 2010-10-26 at 07:39 PM.

Ensida really needs to find something else to do with their time. I'm ashamed for them not happy.

WoWWiki's new format and by extension several other wikis new layout suck so bad, it looks cluttered and unorganized. I'll probably use that WoWpedia if it keeps the old format.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba View Post
    Maybe not, but i'm pretty sure they announced the old DM Librams being removed. So no more Dire Maul rep. Perhaps they'll add some new way to get rep there, who knows. So no-one new will be able to get that.

They said, they're bringing in new cards for DMF, though. These new ones (hurricane deck, volcanic deck, etc) all give 350 rep each according to Wowhead. So, presumably they stay and you can still get rep if that's your last faction.

But yeh, the Insane title is a feat of strength, and there's an expansion coming, so there's little use moaning that it's no longer possible to get, any more than complaining about being unable to get "hand of adal", or the ZA bear.
    Yup, Shendra'lar is being removed and bloodsail as well. You will still be able to gain rep with the Cartel, but will be unable to do the Free Knot quest in Dire Maul. Ravenholdt and DMF I believe are staying as of this moment. But anything can change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Al'Akir was... *sniff* beautiful. Really lets you get the feel for what they want in Cataclysm. Their tank was going low but it wasn't bursty instead it was more like healers actually fighting the damage rather than going "Meh I'll just do what I was doing before *spams holy light*" and he stayed at low hp without just getting destroyed by huge hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Good thing it's relatively easy to remove adds, including text based and overlays.
    Not the point. You shouldn't HAVE to go through extreme measures (any 3rd party solution is IMO extreme) to remove ads so they dont make your web-experience uncomfortable.

So long as the Curse network keeps their promise to not have the ads included in wowpedia.org not be as disruptive (think google style ads) then it's a win in my book.

Damn, the riddle with those 5 statues in sunken temple is erased? come on!